[B][/B] Please Can Anyone Help ?[B][/B]

mummyb1

Reaction score
Hello everyone first of all I would like to say hello to everyone as I am new to this and I wish everyone ttc the best of luck and those who are pregnant or mummys congratulations and for those who have lost my deepest thoughts are with you I know how you feel, and sorry if I am posting this in the wrong department.

Let me appologise for the length of this message before I start but I am just looking for advise as I am so confused right now its unreal and I thought this is the best place for some advise or help.

I have been ttc for around 6 months 2 weeks ago I was told that I was having an early misscarrage but all of the home pregnancy tests I took all came up negative it was only due to speaking with my doctor and a trip to my local a&e that I was told I had misscarried.

Just coming to terms with the fact that we had lost a baby and for some reason last night I had the urge to do a pregnancy test please do not ask me why because I really have no idea, but to my complete shock a faint positive came up straight away I didn't know what to do as all the other tests I had done when I was pregnant came up negative, I showed it to family to confirm that I was not seeing things and I even took a picture just so I knew I wasnt loosing the plot.

My initial thought was that my hormones still thought I was pregnant from the miscarrage but the test I done was the same as the ones I done when I was and they were all nagative and also the fact that I thought if you miscarried your hgc levels stayed the same and then lowerd after a few weeks not got higher well enugh to show on a test anyway (I do know that after a misscarrage pregnancy tests can still show posative for a number of weeks but mine was never positive in the first place)

So I quickly went to the local pharmacy and grabbed some more tests to see what was happening the one that came up positive was a Clearblue plus the second one I done was a Clearblue digital which came up as not pregnant so I done another one this one was Clearblue +plus with 7 signs and then again this morning I have done a First Responce however all of these ones have came out negative ?

I am so confused right now I dont know what this means I know some of you will ask the question why did I even take a test and the answer is I have no idea I just felt the need to do one and now I supose I am now clutching at straws in hope that I still have a chance to be a mummy.

Can anyone help or advise me or if anyone has been in a simular situation I am my wits end and driving myself crazy trying to decide whats happening here and to top it off I tried to call my doctor this morning but I cant speak with him until after surgry.

Sorry for the massive essay and thanks for everyone reading.

I'm so sorry girl =( Could the first test have been a false positive? if all the others came back negative, that might be the case? or it could be still picking up traces of the pregnancy hormone.

I know after I was told I was miscarrying I took tests for a week and they came up positive, even after I lost the baby and still my mind played tricks on me that MAYBE everything could be ok. It's such a traumatic thing to go through and so many emotions that I think its completely normal to feel the way you are.

It takes a while for the hormones to drop. Can you make an appt with your doctor and see if they can do more testing to ease your mind? Or at least call them to ask all the questions you have running through your mind. They should be monitoring you to make sure your levels are dropping, have they checked recently?

Thank you so much for replying it means so much just to speak to someone about it all. I am starting to think that it could have been a false positive as all the other apart from one were also nagative the other one I took came up a very faint positive but then when I looked again I couldn't see anything, I don't know if that was just me seeing things on that one as I was praying for that little vertical line to appear.

I don't know why I even took it to be honist I just felt the need to do it I am so very sorry for your loss also its heartbreaking and I do feel that this could be my mind playing tricks what with everything I am all over the place at the moment its crazy.

I tried to call my doctor this morning but I had no luck then when I called back they told me to ring back today at half 4 so I am hoping that I will be able to speak with him and maybe he can get me sent off for a blood test or something so I can then try and get on with things again.

I was really shocked to be honist with what they have done for me they have not really done anything apart from the odd urine sample sent off to the hospital and blood tests but even then when I was there was only a slight trace of hgc in my system when I was pregnant it didn't even show up on any home pregnancy tests but as I have very iregular periods it was hard to find out exsatly how far I was and when we worked it out I was around 4/5 weeks so my doctor classed it as a early pregnancy and basically told me to get on with it which I was disgusted at I am just hoping that he will listen to me today and try and help me a little.

Thanks so much for your help it is greatly appreciated x

I don't know that we have reason to do half the things we do after losing a baby... we just do them. I don't know why I wasted all that money on tests to see a second line that wouldn't get darker. It's just part of the process I think... and the mother in us wanting to hope and pray and believe in the best. I know how you feel, because my mind played tricks on me too! It's just not fair.

I would say be FIRM with your doctor! Keep on top of them, they need to be treating you as a priority, not telling you to call back. If they don't want to do testing, demand it! You deserve that much, to know whats going on so you can begin to have some closure. For me the not-knowing was the hardest part. Please be firm with them, although they should be the one taking care of you, sometimes you have to be the one to demand what you want and need.

My second recommendation, FIND A NEW DOCTOR. I know right now with all the stress its not what you want to do, but I wouldnt go back after all this. To make you feel like you need to get on with it is rediculous! Who cares if you were ONE week or ONE month or whatever! A loss is a loss, regardless! Your doctor sounds heartless! Remind him that your business pays his salary! Ugh, doctors like that really make me mad - sorry. You just deserve to have someone who makes you feel comfortable and reassures you what you are going through is normal. So sorry girl!

I think its because we are all over the place our emotions have been played with something terrible so we end up doing the craziest of things and not knowing why, I so agree with you there since last night until now I have spent silly money on tests that are not giving me any of the answers I need right now.

It is not fair it really is not I totaly know where your coming from and everything your saying is making it more clear for me so thank you.

I am going to give them a call back this afternoon and I am going to make a pain of myself until they put me through to my doctor as this needs to be sorted and I need to go for proper checks instead of being brushed off I can appreciate that they are busy but this is an urget matter which should be dealt with correctly and I will let them know that if they decide to try and brush me off again, I will most defiantly be looking to get a new doctor after all of this as its unacceptable.

Oh there is no need to apologise hun honistly I feel the exact same the doctor should be the one you can go to when your in need and help you but this one just seems like he doesn't really care, if all doesn't go well when I phone them I think a letter of complaint will be on the way as its just really not right.

Thanks so much for everything and fingerscrossed I actually get somewhere with this doctor later, thank you again.

I am going to give them a call back this afternoon and I am going to make a pain of myself until they put me through to my doctor as this needs to be sorted and I need to go for proper checks instead of being brushed off I can appreciate that they are busy but this is an urget matter which should be dealt with correctly and I will let them know that if they decide to try and brush me off again, I will most defiantly be looking to get a new doctor after all of this as its unacceptable.

Oh there is no need to apologise hun honistly I feel the exact same the doctor should be the one you can go to when your in need and help you but this one just seems like he doesn't really care, if all doesn't go well when I phone them I think a letter of complaint will be on the way as its just really not right.

Well I am glad I could help, even if just a little. Talking on here has really helped me sort through it all. It's always nice to hear others input.

I am glad to hear you will be a "pain"! You need to be! =) And that you will find a new doctor. One that treats you like a person and not just some number with no feelings. They should not be brushing you off, it is a serious matter and its very emotional. Being in the business they are, they should know or be taught better ways to deal with these sort of things.

Chat anytime girl! Please keep me posted when you hear back. I am curious what they have to say! Again, so sorry you are going through all this. As if a miscarriage isn't bad enough, to not have answers and feel so in the dark only makes it worse!

Hiya I hope your well,

I just thought I would give you an update on everything I am still none the wiser as to whats going on but I did manage to speak with my doctor who was suprisingly helpful this time I think he knew was was talking about how useless he was haha.

I explained everything to him and he asked to see me the following morning as soon as surgry opens I went to see him and I showed him all my tests and he was shocked he said to me that he doesn't know whats going on which was not what I wanted to hear he sent me for a blood test and gave me a scan request form which I am just waiting on the result before I give that in as he said if its positive then I will need a different scan to see whats happening and if its negative just a normal scan to see if there is any reason for all of this.

I am still praying that by some miricle I will get a call next week from him and tell me that the blood work was postive but I know deep down I dont think this will be the case and if it is its probably from my mc. I still feel like I am going completly crazy as I still have no answers this whole thing has been a real test of a waiting game but I supose once all of this is done I will hopefully know whats happening and I can try to get on with things as normal as I can again.

This has really helped me talking to you so I can't thank you enough you have none all the right things to say and put my mind at rest that I am not going bonkers even though at times I really feel I am thank you for all your help, I hope that you are well and I will keep you updated as soon as I find out whats happening.

Take care x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"