• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Babies that were due in may 2012

Bumpin just keep at it. Hopefully your supply will go up!! Can't believe you mil made you do that!!! When I was trying to get my supply up the lc told me to pump everytime ash had formula for 7-8 mins each side twice. So 14-16 mins in total each side but swapping boob half way through.

Bumpin what a pain...remember, your baby and you know what's best. I hope your supply comes back.

Frangi yay congrats on your little girl, she's a cutie and I'm glad you're recovering now.

Lola is 6 weeks old today and she has to be weighed and measured later before her 6 week check up at the doctors tomorrow. She feels sooo much heavier! We get loads of smiles and little noises and she slept a lot better last night after her growth spurt and waking hourly!

How is everyone getting on? Are you getting out and about with your LO's?

Ashlynn slept in her cotbed in her own room last night. :( feel like she's growing too big too fast! She really isn't comfortable in her Moses basket anymore. I didn't sleep well though coz I was listening for every little sound.

Gemma's has been in her room, in her crib, the past few nights. Definitely harder on Mommy that her! I slept in the living too to be closer for the first few nights but last night DH & I actually both slept in our bed (for the first time in a month!). Thank goodness for the video monitor!

So it's no secret that things with Hannah have been rough. Between reflux, gas and colic... OH & I have just near lost our minds. My Mom is really our only help and while I appreciate all she does, it gets rather annoying at times as well. She constantly is telling us what the problem is and what will fix it. Even if I tell her I already heard or thought of that and tried it with no such luck. She thinks she's a darn baby whisperer or something. I had 2 great days with Hannah and my Mom started telling everyone it was her idea for me to try chamomile tea & that she swears by it. First of all, I only gave her a half an ounce of it and she was already calm earlier in the day before then anyway. I usually just let her go on if that's what makes her feel better.

Anyway, she took Hannah for a couple of nights to give me a little break as I'd just been put on anti-depressants this week for PND/PPD. She had her for 3 nights total. I know I sound silly saying this but Hannah would no settle or sleep for her at all and it made me so happy haha. I mean, obviously I wish Hannah had had a better stay there and slept better and not been as fussy but it was a little nice to see my Mom going through it all and not being able to resolve the issues. In fact, she called me up to see what she should try and one of my suggestions ended up working temporarily.

And even better? We picked her up today and brought her home & she slept the entire time. She slept so long, we had to wake her for a bath and bottle and it wasn't long before she was asleep again for the night. I had to text my Mom and brag a little bit :shrug:

Bittersweet! Hopefully she's establishing a new routine, priceless sleep!:thumbup:

Ashlynn slept in her cotbed in her own room last night. :( feel like she's growing too big too fast! She really isn't comfortable in her Moses basket anymore. I didn't sleep well though coz I was listening for every little sound.

Gemma's has been in her room, in her crib, the past few nights. Definitely harder on Mommy that her! I slept in the living too to be closer for the first few nights but last night DH & I actually both slept in our bed (for the first time in a month!). Thank goodness for the video monitor!

Much harder on me than her!! I'm always checking on her!!!

Just back from getting ashlynn weighed and she's now 10lb!!! She's in the 75th centile. I'm so proud!! :)

Yay Anti! Great news she putting on weight.

Lola just had her 6 week check up with the health visitor and she weighs 10lb 1oz! She's measuring on the 50th centile for everything :) so pleased!

bumpin - good luck with your supply. i'm sure you can get it back up :)

Hannah has good days and bad days. She's had a lot of interruptions from her routine and spending time at my Mom's so it's hard to say how she's doing overall. She's doing well today so far without much screaming/fussing. She's sleeping about 5 hours at night now which is really nice.

I found myself in the emergency room the other morning with abdominal pain. It woke me up in the middle of the night and felt like I was being stabbed in the chest. It was a sharp pain that went through to my back. They did an ultrasound for gallstones but found nothing and said it was just gastritis but I don't think that's the case. I don't have any of the other symptoms and the Pepcid they gave me to take isn't making things any better so who knows. The pain is coming and going and varies in intensity. My insurance through work ended at the end of May so I can't go back to my regular doctor. I have Medicaid through the state but my doctor that they assigned me is about to go on maternity leave so I have to see if they'll allow me to see another doctor in her office. I figure I'll give it another day & see how things go before trying to get in to the doctor.

My Mom took pictures of us (me, OH & both my girls) the other day and sent some of them over. I'll resize them (they're HUGE right now, so that I can get prints made) and share. They turned out really cute :) I'm happier with them than I was with my maternity pictures if anyone remembers my meltdown over those hahaha.

Pictures my Mom took of us the other day.

Attachments

• 20.png
    20.png
    448 KB · Views: 10
  • 23.png
    23.png
    470.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 24.png
    24.png
    463.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 6
Waves they're lovely!! Thanks for sharing. I really need to get on the computer and upload some pics. I'm always on my phone on here!!

Cute pics waves :D Hope the pain eases up!

Aria has started vomiting her goats milk formula now, back to square one.
We phone Karicare again and they have suggested another formula but I have to get my gp to phone them and they will send us a couple of tins to sample until we can see our pediatrician. My gp's receptionist didn't seem to think they usually phoned them to give the okay tho so who knows if we will get the sample tins or not, if not then I will have to go buy some later.......$20 more than goats milk formula!! and even that is over twice the price of normal formula. heck its so expensive!
Karicare said that usually babies that have problems with milk will do fine on goats milk for a while but then the same problems usually start up again.

Everything else is going fine though :) Max is smiling lots.

Hope everyone else is doing good

Bumpin - Ohhh thats awful! I'm so sorry the mil made you feel that way. People really do need to watch what they say I am sure you were doing just fine and if you really were starving him you would know all about it!

Waves - what a gorgeous family you have! I cannot get over how much hair Hannah has, too cute!!:flower:

How long are your LO's sleeping for at a time @ night? Gemma's "routine" changes every few days, just when I think I may have it (timing) figured out, she throws me a curve ball!:tease:

Lola goes about 3 hours between feeds at night but every so often she has a growth spurt and that can be hard work lol!

Just had mine and Lola's 6 week check up and all is ok.

Zephyr I'm sorry to hear Aria is bringing up the goats milk, I wish there was an easy answer for you.

Attached a pic of me and my bubs...

Attachments

• IMG-20120620-00829.jpg
    IMG-20120620-00829.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
Just made my 6 week postpartum appointment but the earliest one they had was 10 July. Will be nearly 8 weeks by then! Good excuse not to dtd with OH! So nervous about dtd again!! Even though it doesn't hurt down there it still feels odd! Ash will have her first vaccination on 17 July. Really not looking forward to it. My poor baby. :( I know it all has to be done though.

don't worry I haven't dtd either more because i'm too exhausted.

OH is gonna be home late tonight so I just gave ash a bath on my own!! So proud of myself. OH usually does it coz I still have carpal tunnel which I developed late in pregnancy and it's so painful! We made a bit of a mess in the bathroom. :) and she never screamed! For the first time ever. :)

hi ladies ,our lo was due 11th may but arrived on 1st may very excited. her name is gift.

I'm so freaking annoyed!!!!! OH said he would quit smoking before the baby was born and he was doing really well. Then about 3 months ago I found fag wrappers in his pocket and he tried saying it was chewing gum wrappers, even though he doesn't chew gum. Anyway... I just left it. Then when I smell fags on him he tries saying its the other lads in the van and that's why he smells. Then on Saturday I saw him sneak a fag out of his van into his pocket. I was watching from the window and he didn't know. Anyway, I left that to. Then today he came home stinking of fags so I asked him straight up if he was smoking again and he just ignored me and won't answer my questions!!! I don't want him holding my daughter when he stinks of fags. I quit, so why can't he?? It's really pissed me off!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->