Babies that were due in may 2012

Gabriel is a monkey. still being followed for his GDD, but as he's staying on his own curve, it's looking good. We've started some baby signs to help him identify what he wants, and it's made a HUGE difference in the number of tantrums. he's an insanely busy little boy.

Jillian is a grump. who also doesn't sleep. She's a major diva, won't sleep unless being held, and generally tries to insist on having my Boob in her mouth the whole time. she does a lot of comfort nursing. last appointment her weight dropped from the 14th line to the 3rd. I think it's because she eats enough to satisfy the hunger and then comfort nurses instead of getting full. my Dr is pro breastfeeding and didn't want us to start formula, but I think that's what's going to be happening. we have to back back in another week and a bit for another weigh in. I'll start the herbs and Domperidone them if her weight hasn't increased. she doesn't look unhealthy, so I'm thinking she may also be destined to be at the bottom of the charts for s long time.

Meghan, I'm glad gabe is making his own progress. Ashlynn still doesn't talk. She says mum, da (dad), nan, up, off, go, oupa (grandad), gogo (gran). And that's about it! Has loads of signs though. When she got assessed they said to go to a speech group (talkACTivity) for 9 weeks and if she hadn't made progress in 6 months to go back. She's finished her group activity but it didn't make much difference. So will see how she's doing towards the end of the year and maybe take her back for another assessment.

Ahh Meghan you didn't jinx it, what will be, will be.
I'm still bleeding and pretty certain this wasn't a sticky one but I have a scan booked for tomorrow to find out exactly what is going on.

Good to hear Gabriel is doing well and staying on his own curve.

Anti, maybe Ashlynn is just a late talker. Has her hearing been checked as that can delay speach?
My brother didn't talk properly until well after the age of 2 but he suffered badly with ear infections and that was part of the problem.

Lola is a major chatterbox, she doesn't stop talking but she does make me laugh. She has suddenly stopped sleeping in the day but it's causing her to be exhausted...I need to get her back napping!!

Her hearing hasn't been tested. The speech assessment we went to didn't seem concerned at all... Maybe I should take her to the doctor instead?! Yesterday she started saying 'come' but it comes out 'dum' she understands a lot though so it's hard to think maybe it's her hearing. She knows all her colours and numbers (up to 10) and most of the alphabet. I don't really know what to do but she should be talking more. :(
Back to nursery again tomorrow. I hope it goes a bit better. I'm thinking if reducing her time there to 3 hours instead of 4.5.
I've got a stinking cold and I'm barking like a dying seal... My chest and throat is so sore!!

Anti I really don't think it will be anything to worry about. My cousins little boy is the same age and he doesn't talk nearly as much as Lola but he's absolutely fine. She sounds like she is doing just fine and her understanding is great.
Let us know how nursery goes tomorrow.

I had a scan today because of the bleeding and it's confirmed I lost my baby :( determined to be positive though and will give my body chance to recover then ttc again. I'm hoping it is just bad luck and nothing wrong as I've now had a mmc and a mc and most importantly and thankfully my gorgeous healthy Lola :) but it is a worry.

I'm sorry Lucy... Thinking of you. Keep positive. It will happen again for you and you'll get another sticky. Xx

anti, I also don't think you have to worry. some kids just aren't talkers. the SALT we see told us that as long as kids understand, the words aren't as important. most words start as poorly pronounced words, and get better with repetition. Gabriel doesn't know numbers or colours yet! My brother barely said any words ( and still doesn't talk much) he's just quiet fellow.

Ashlynn has dislocated her shoulder. I can't begin to describe the heartache!! My poor baby is so sore and can't move her arm and can't get comfy in bed and keeps crying. :( I hate this part of being a parent. I just want to take all her pain away! She has to see an orthopaedic surgeon on Monday so I really don't know what to expect. :(
She was just chasing pigeons in the park... She does it everyday, and falls over often. She didn't even fall hard today and it was on the grass but she fell awkward and I knew straight away when I picked her up and her arm went all floppy. :( I just wanna cry! I've got a market stall I have to do tomorrow as well and I really don't want to leave her. :(

Omg thats awful!! I hope she is okay :( it sucks having to watch them in pain. I hope she recovers quickly.

Thanks for the post on fb Meghan :)

Im still waiting for baby. I'll be 40+3 in the morning.
baby is posterior and is sitting at 1/5 now. Have no doubt its position is why labour wont start. Ive had a few days where i had regular painful contractions that seem to have shifted baby round a bit but then they went away and baby just moves back to where it is comfortable again.
Im not fed up and over it yet, this is still a walk in the park compared to my last week with the twins BUT I woke up with a hemmoriod this morning and its amazing how my patience is now wavering very fast lol! That was probably a little bit tmi haha but honestly ive never had one this bad and its the worst! I feel bad for anyone who gets them weeks before delivery.

I had my bp shoot up last week with traces of protein and spent the end of the week vomiting and feeling faint and shaky off and on but I wound up with some weird cold right after. All my tests came back normal and my bp is back down again so they put it down to being sick thank goodness! I spent a few days panicking.

hopefully im not waiting too much longer, will post an update when baby arrives :)

Squeeeee! Congrats Aimee. She's so so beautiful!! *super broody*

Thanks :) it all happened so fast and nearly without the midwife eeek.

I was 3cms and her head was not in an ideal position to put pressure on the cervix at 10:30 pm.
Midwife lives half an hour away so she went back home and told me to ring if I need her. I had phoned her at 1130 maybe? Told her things were starting to pick up a bit but I guess I sounded pretty fine cos I was still "hmm I'm not really sure if they are closer together but they hurt more" lol
she said to ring back in half an hour with an update and I didn't even make the call. Hubby had to and told her to come asap.
I laid down on the couch and started shaking and knew baby was coming very soon then i started feeling like I needed to push. Hubby and my friend kept telling me that if I needed to push then I should move and deliver on the floor where the tarps were but there was no way I was having baby without the midwife there so I refused to move.
I believe I told hubby id punch him if he touched me lol.
I was counting down the minutes and at 12:30 am I was talking about calling an ambulance but then her car showed up a few minutes later.

She told me if I need to push then I need to move and I said I don't want to but then decided I better push the baby out and the second I was helped up from laying on my side onto the floor baby started coming.

Cant believe how fast it went. I didn't want her to leave the first time she came round I just had a feeling. ..... but hearing that babys head was not in the right place and could take hours to come down I felt reassured.

All in all it was great! Wish I'd done a home birth sooner tbh. I'm so happy to be home.

Aimee, you are a super hero... Just shy of 10 lbs and not a single drop of pain medication... For some perspective, my 5 MONTH OLD is 12 lbs and a bit...

Omigosh really? I had a sneaky feeling she was going to be big because of the position troubles I had these last few weeks with her. Didnt expect over 9lbs tho. Her newborn stuff barely fits!

She's definately bigger than I expected! I saw her weight and it made me close my legs slightly! Well done you! It's super amazing to do child birth with no pain meds at the best of times, not to mention a good sized baby! So so proud of you! Glad you managed a home birth as well. Sounds amazing! :)

Congratulations Aimee, so pleased all went well and you had a safe delivery :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->