Babies that were due in may 2012

I really didn't think Gabriel understood, but he really did surprise me. He instantly knew 'baby' and stopped cuddling my belly once she was born. He absolutely adores her, has to kiss her everytime he sees/notices her. It's rather cute, if not a little overbearing at times. He's not had a single moment of jealousy/animosity towards her, which has been amazing! I'll bet your 2 will have it figured out pretty quick!

Oh wow that is so cute :p and great that there's no jealousy.
Maybe they will understand then? They get really excited when they see babies now and they play with their doll babies and give them kisses. Hoping they are just as nice when baby gets here :p

Hi ladies!! Glad to hear you're doing well. Ashlynn still doesn't talk. :( she says no, yuk and there. When you ask her what noise a cow, dog, pigeon, sheep or pig makes she'll make the noise though. She has loads of signs though so can communicate with us really well.
I'm still broody as hell. Some days are worse than others but at the moment I'm coping with waiting.
Ashlynn took a really bad fall on Tuesday and skinned her knees and elbows really badly. She was in so much pain and constantly crying... It's so heartbreaking. :(

Anti - I saw the pictures on FB :( Poor thing. I hope she heals up quickly!

Meghan - Hannah hasn't shown any jealousy toward Leah either. She is always trying to show her all her toys and telling her who/what they are lol.

Hannah has a pretty great vocabulary, I'm amazed. She doesn't string too many words together yet but does a few here and there. She knows part of her alphabet and some of her numbers in numerical order which still blows me away. She sings along to random parts in songs on tv or in movies. The other day we were in the car and the window was down, blowing the air on her and she says, "Hannah chilly." No idea where she learned the word "chilly" (she knows cold but I didn't think she knew chilly lol) and I'm amazed she used it in the right context. She's still sleeping in a crib as opposed to a toddler bed. I need to work on the transition but I'm putting it off.

Leah is 16 weeks old today and weighs 14 lbs 14.5 oz. I had her weighed just yesterday at the doctor's office. We made a same day appointment because I'm pretty sure she's dealing with reflux so the doc prescribed Zantac, which I remember Hannah having to be on. He said it's not usual for reflux to show up near the 4 month mark but it IS common for milk protein allergies to wait this long to appear so we have to send in a stool sample to test for blood in her stool. If there is and she does have a dairy intolerance (like Hannah did/does...) we have to switch formula to the same expensive one Hannah was on and I'm hoping to avoid that.

Antoinette glad to hear all is well! Sounds like Ashlynn is doing well too and dw the wait will be totally worth it :p have you guys decided on a date to start ttc?
I worry about being broody after this one :/ its a silly feeling lol I may end up with lots of random pets or something who knows haha.

Amanda sorry to hear about the possible reflux issues hopefully that formula isn't necessary and you guys can control it with the zantac.
I think that's one of my biggest worries is getting another reflux baby. Hope it gets sorted soon :)

We have a house inspection on Sunday such a pain in my butt!! Means I have to spend all of Sunday keeping the house spotless constantly ugggh so not looking forward to that.

Hey Ladies,

So nice to see you all back on here.

Meghan, Sounds like Jillian is doing great and so lovely to hear how Gabriel loves her. Fab news on his speech.

Anti those pics did look bad, and sorry to hear she is poorly again. Don't worry, those words will come soon enough!

Waves, great to hear Hannah and Leah are both doing well :)

All is good here, started potty training Lola and it was actually pretty easy. Since the first day we've still been on our normal long dog walks and playgroups in knickers and no accidents! I'm amazed! The only part she hasn't grasped in having a poo on the toilet but that'll come with time.

She's a real chatterbox and has full on conversations now, she really makes me laugh although she sometimes chats away in bed for an hour before going to sleep. She loves to draw/paint/stick etc.
She starts a Montessori nursery in September, just 3hrs for 2 afternoons per week. I think she needs something more to do now.

Hehe I was going to bump this thread on Sunday when I got to 37 weeks!
These two days are pretty nerve wrecking! I most definitely wont go into labour before Sunday but if I did I cannot have my home birth which is something I really want to try :p

I dont update the pregnancy on facebook at all really, its kind of awkward. I talk to my mum at least once a week online and she STILL has not mentioned the pregnancy at all. I kinda wonder if she has forgotten. I dunno its so weird.

we are mostly ready, ive set the babies hammock up and have its first outfit and nappies all ready to go. Ive got the birth towel ready to wipe baby down with, I went and brought a nice soft towel especially for the birth :p

Baby is sitting on my pubic bone so im in quite a bit of pain now and we have consistently measured 2 weeks ahead so I dont think it will be a little baby. Im hoping for 8lb something......hopefully not too much bigger as we arent having any drugs lol

the twins have mostly settled down their craziness for now. There was a stage where I felt like ripping my hair out every day cos they were being such big monkeys and climbing and messing everything and doing the opposite of what I say.
aria is very helpful and happily tidies up and helps me clean etc she also is quite bossy and tells max off when hes being cheeky.
max is normally pretty good but can be a bit of a ratbag at times. He is definitely the one that gets into mischief and tries to get Aria to join him lol sometimes she does, but often she will tell me.
They get along pretty good most of the time but they turn on each other pretty quickly and full on scrap with fists and kicks and ground tackles which I have to get in between.

hope everyone has been well!

Oh my word Aimee! I can't believe how close you are to having another baby! Yay!! So excited for you!
Lucy?! Have you got news for us? Does Meghan know something we don't?!
We've decided to ttc April next year... Seems so far away! I'm so broody! Ashlynn starts nursery on Monday for two morning a week. I'm so scared! She's a very demanding, clingy child so trying to get stuff done around the house is near impossible with her around and she needs more interaction with other kids, she's starting to act up and I think it's coz she's getting bored with me. I'm gonna cry my eyes out on Monday! I just hope she settles and doesn't get upset and enjoys it. I'm very happy with the nursery I've chosen though.

Aimee you're so close! Do the twins understand whats happening? Evie loves babies (my friend had a baby mid june) and is more interested in the babies than her friends her own age!
Congratulations lucy!! Thats so exciting! I saw on Facebook that Lola has been trying nursery? How is she getting on with it?
Anti, I'm sure Ashlynn will be fine :) like any change it'll take a few days to settle in, but i bet she'll love it :)

Evie has just finished her 2nd week in nursery :) she only goes 1 full day a week, on a thursday. I've started a course at college, access to nursing and midwifery :D she absolutely loved her first week, didn't bat an eyelid when i left,and didn't want to leave when i went to collect her, but yesterday she cried at drop off, and apparently was very sad all day :( made me a bit upset that she was sad, but she's coming down with a cold, so think it could be linked to that.
My OH and I are debating starting TTC in October 2015. I was ridiculously broody, but its subsided a bit now. Obviously my hopes are finish this year at college, get accepted into uni straight away, then 3 years degree and I'm qualified :) but, I don't really want to wait that long for another baby! I get 3 years of applying before my access qualification expires and i have to retake. Obviously I'll know by june if I've got onto a degree. If i do, we'd have to decide what to do, as I'd be pregnant through my first year (assuming i fall pregnant quickly) then give birth in the summer) then have a newborn during my second year. If i don't get accepted, we could maybe start a little earlier, as obviously we wouldn't be aiming for a summer holidays due date (especially as midwives only get 3 weeks holidays in the summer!) Its a difficult decision atm!!

Yay Aimee so close now...so excited for you!

Eeek yes, we are expecting baby no 2!!! Very excited and it will be another May baby, I think I'm due May 7th...2 days before Lola's 3rd birthday. Nothing is on Facebook and only the OH knows at the moment.
Been a bit paranoid as symptoms are different this time...sore boobs seemed to have just disappeared but feel nauseous etc...fingers crossed all is ok.

Lola has started nursery, she does 2 short afternoons a week and seems to love it, we have a few tears when I leave but nothing major.

Luci...good luck with all your studying, sounds brilliant :)

Anti...yay for ttc next year!

Congrats on the new pregnancy yazzy! How exciting. Another May baby hehe

Anti yay for ttc next year, waiting to try is hard but it will go super fast especially with xmas coming up soon! Good luck for Monday :)

Luci, well..... funny you should ask that. I actually wasnt sure if they did understand so we watched a not graphic at all home water birth video and they were like this :O and then Aria started excitedly shouting "baby come out soon!" So I think they get it now lol
Good luck with your ttc decision! It's hard when you are trying to work around study as well.
Glad to hear Evie is doing well in nursery :)

the twins won't be starting any play center or kindergarten till they are 3 and I seriously cannot believe how soon that is.

Yazzy - CONGRATS <3 So exciting.

Aimee - I can't believe it's almost time. Good luck and I hope you get the home birth you want.

Hannah's been sick with a stomach virus all weekend but seems to be doing better. Her vocabulary has exploded a bit recently and she's stringing together bigger sentences. She knows her entire alphabet and numbers up to 10, several shapes and colors. Sings along to songs. So crazy.

Leah's 6 months old and has 2 teeth, seems to be getting a top tooth in now as well. She can roll all over and sit up unassisted for very brief periods but not that well and isn't even attempting to crawl right now. Crazy because I have friends with babies her age who are crawling or pulling themselves up on things. She just has no interest.

OH seems pretty committed to being done having kids but I'm not ready to be done. I know we can't handle any more in the next year or so financially or mentally but I want to have another as soon as we're capable. It'll be ridiculously rough early on since we'll have 3 so young but that way we won't be raising kids (well, you know what I mean) for the rest of our lives if I wait until much later to have more, you know what I mean?

Thank you everyone :)

Waves good to hear how your girls are doing, can't believe Leah is 6 months now!

So what are all your LO's up to?
This toddler age is brilliant, Lola has me in stitches with her comments daily. OH asked her to look up and smile so he could take her picture, Lola replied, no Daddy I'm too busy! Lol

We've just got a trampoline in the garden so that's the new favourite thing at the moment.

Well not great news this morning ladies...had some brown discharge and then after using the toilet (tmi) I have red blood :(
Can't do anything about it at the moment as my sister is at my house - we are working all day to launch our new business argh! She doesn't know I am pregnant.
I guess I need to phone my midwife for advice :(
Had a feeling something wasn't right when my boobs stopped hurting.

Thank you Anti. I've phoned epau but they aren't too worried about it and have just said if it gets worse then book into my doctors. Getting a few cramps now though so I expect it's not good news but that's nature for you. When the time is right it will happen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->