Babies that were due in may 2012

Congratulations Meghan, so pleased to hear all went well. Awww I'm so broody lol! How does Gabriel like his new sister?

Aimee I must have missed your status but I get the gist of what happened lol!

I'm sat here full of cold but Lola is fast asleep in bed so it's a night of chillin for me!

Awww Anti, I can't wait to have another baby. Just hope it doesn't take ages to fall pregnant.

Lola is getting funnier by the day, she just chats about everything and doesn't stop lol! She's great fun though.

Ladies I need to moan... I've decided I want another baby and my OH is all for it but we're planning to go visit my dad in South Africa in feb next year to go to his time share so obviously we can't try for another baby for a long while still... I don't know if that will make the age gap too much. It's the best option for us and I know we have to wait but I don't wanna!!!

Moan over...

Thats great Antoinette!
To have a smaller gap could you start trying near the end of the year? And go for your trip during your second or first trimester?
Or would you rather not travel while pregnant?
The end of the year isn't too far away :p

Anti that's fantastic! The best age gap, the one that works for you. If you don't mind being pregnant and traveling, 2nd tri would not be a bad time. Is there any way to arrange too travel earlier?

Thanks for the congrats, I think everyone here is on my Facebook, so I'm guessing you've already seen her pictures :) such a dainty little thing. She's breastfeeding fairly well, she's got such a tiny mouth that her latch is a bit shallow, and she's jaundiced and very sleepy. She stopped peeing for 16 hours, I was letting her lead the feeding (oops) but she seems to be getting on track. Waiting for a good poop now. She's a super snuggly baby, and where she's likely my last, I'm having a hard time putting her down. She has yet to sleep anywhere but on my chest. Hubby thinks I'm encouraging a bad habit, but right now, I don't care!

Hehe thats gorgeous meghan!
Max was the same, his mouth was so teeny it was hard to get a good latch and he curled up on me and only ever wanted to be close.
I dont think its a bad habit!
Granted max still does not sleep in his own bed and still sleeps on me I dont mind........they grow up so fast and one day they wont want cuddles like that anymore.
Cuddle away hehe

Yazzy, Gabriel adores her. Constantly kissing her, hugging, bringing her toys...sometimes he's a bit too loving... No jealousy so far. We've been making sure to keep his routine as best as possible, and Jillian spends a lot of time with daddy.

She's brand new... I don't think any bad habits could be formed this early on... especially since all she needs is love, food and sleep lol. Congrats mama :) If I remember you said she was 5lbs 12oz? Leah was discharged at 5lbs 11oz, so I know what you mean about her being a dainty little thing. I thought I'd break her or something. Now she's a total chunky monkey lol.

I am so jealous of you with your babies!!! I'm so ridiculously broody!! My OH was adamant we can't have any kids together (he has a DD 4 months older than evie) so obviously have 2 between us already. Watching OBEM together has got him broody too though, and he says he'd want another, just not yet. Thats fine by me, I start college in sept to get the entry requirements for a midwifery degree :) so a baby just yet wouldn't really work!!
In other news, am slowly moving into my new house, after a bit of misunderstanding with the new landlady, who said I could start moving in yesterday, got there and she's decorating until Wednesday :/ so evie and I are living with OH and his nan for a few days. Wish us luck!!! We pick our new kitten up this week too :D he's still nameless though, so atm he's just called kitty lol. Evie loves animals so much, so am excited for her to grow up with a cat, and OH and I have a biiiiig dog, who lives with him, so she'll always have animals around her :)

Well although we were just starting the ntnp my OH is really keen for another baby so full throttle ahead yay I'm so excited now!!!

Anti that's so exciting!! Like the others have said, can you ttc later this year or maybe put the trip on hold for later or bring it forward?

Meghan, that's so sweet about Gabriel! Oh and I say cuddle, cuddle, cuddle! Lola always napped in my arms and it's done her no harm :)

Aww babies!

I don't want any more but if all of you start getting pregnant again, I may change my mind! lol.

Well im making progress with boy names!! We already have a girl name picked so its just boy names.
I read a top 100 list to hubby and he picked Oscar, Sebastian and Felix.
so they still aren't the sort of names I would go for but it's a great improvement to what he had been pulling out of nowhere.

Oooh, I like those names. My best friend had a baby last fall and named him Sebastian. They call him Bash all the time lol.

They are growing on me! It is nice hearing of someone using the name! Sebastian is cute.
I think if I have lists like that and get him to pick a few it will make it less painful. I am totally happy with Sebastian or Felix as opposed to Necron or Conan. Smh lol

Lol. Aimee, I love the name Sebastian.

Jillian is back to birth weight at 4 days old. I guess it's safe to say breastfeeding is going well...Lol. I was certain Jillian would be my last baby, and after having yet another baby stop growing, she probably SHOULD be my last. But, I can't actually say she will be my last. It's crazy. She makes me happy, but dad at the same time. We went through so much crap with Gabriel that I never really got to enjoy him the way I enjoy her. I feel so guilty for pushing breastfeeding, because it put me in a very unhappy place. Thankfully Gabriel will never remember it, and it just reminds me to enjoy him for the happy, sweet little boy he is now.

Aimee they are nice names so he's heading in the right direction!

Meghan so pleased to hear everything is going well and that Jillian is feeding well.

Lola has been making my sister laugh so much today. Her speech is just coming on leaps and bounds and she just comes out with random words or sentences but in perfect context. Even I stand there with my mouth open in surprise. I really am loving this stage!

Hi all..sorry I've been MIA for so long. I do keep up with post but don't often have time to write my own.

Congrats Megan..I love your new avatar and glad that BF is going well.

Aimee, the names are getting more sensible finally, luckily my DH likes traditional names

It's strange - I get broody seeing all of you with new babies but still don't want to have another..hmmm.

Sam is doing great. He got chicken pox a few days before his birthday so that wasn't so much fun but luckily he didn't suffer too badly. His speech is finally starting to take off. We are even getting 3 word sentences like There he is or I want (fill in the blank - usually juice or chocolate :dohh:) and what is this?

He has gone train mad since visiting a zoo with a narrow gauge Thomas the Tank engine so my SIL got him a wooden train set for his birthday which is great because he will sit and play by himself with it for hours :happy dance:

Plus he got loads of outdoor stuff to keep active. Here is a picture of him blowing out his birthday candles.

https://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r625/samuelsmummy/Birthdaycake.png

Lola has been making my sister laugh so much today. Her speech is just coming on leaps and bounds and she just comes out with random words or sentences but in perfect context. Even I stand there with my mouth open in surprise. I really am loving this stage!

Hahah same here with Hannah. Yesterday she was walking around going, "OH NOOOO" so I asked what was wrong and she said, "Hannah's butt hurts." Then she was laying on the floor, half under the couch saying "Mommy help. STUCK." So I went to help her out but she crawled out by herself and I said "Silly, you're not stuck if you can get out" and she just said, "Oh!" and walked away lol. She makes me laugh with what she says a million times a day. Her first "statement" was probably "brush your teeth" and since that happened, she's been saying phrases and sentences non-stop.

Since her birthday she's been walking around exclaiming "BIRTHDAY! BIRTHDAY! CAKE!" every day lol.

Ha ha Waves, that's funny! They are great aren't they!

Today is Lola's birthday!! She's fast asleep at the moment after having a fun morning at an indoor soft play centre.

She has a few friends coming round tomorrow although she's not that social so luckily it's just family and very close friends with children coming over lol!

Kwood lovely to hear how Sam is getting on and great pic!

how is everyone doing lately?

Jillian is a boob monster. She's gaining weight like a champ, almost 10 lbs now! she's up 4 lbs in 8 weeks... she's started smiling and cooing and is quite the chatty little diva.

She's only 8 weeks (tomorrow) but I am still wanting another. Im pretty sure Jillian will be our last, but I can't rule it out 100%. My dr told me that if I DO decide on another, I would have to be going for regular growth scans in the third tri, and would most likely be induced again around 38 weeks. I guess there is some research that a small percentage of women have a shorter placenta "shelf life" and she figures mine starts to quit around 38 weeks.

Gabriel is his usual silly self. In the past month we've seen a HUGE emergence of words. They aren't easily understood, but they are what the SLP calls approximations. He's not really trying to tell us anything yet, but he will point and label things, which is how it starts :) his sleep has been improving, he's still up in the night, but its usually short lived and we are starting to get a few nights where he sleeps all night (about freaking time too!)

Meghan that made me laugh! Just the whole wanting another baby already with an 8 week old :p if you do decide on more it sounds like they will look after you and baby well :)
Glad to hear both Jillian and Gabriel are doing great.

We are doing good here, still have no idea what baby is but have had 3 dreams its a girl when I thought It was a boy so I just don't know.
I'm still planning a homebirth and im starting to feel nervous about the birth already eek. I don't feel pregnant much I just eat more and im really loving ice cream and this berry gluten free cereal together. I eat it every night. Hubby thinks its gross but he doesnt know what he's talking about lol

Max and Aria are doing very good, we are still working on maxs talking.
For things like hungry he rubs his tummy and thirsty he puts his hand to his mouth so we know those at least!
He says please, wees, poos, fart, dadda, mum and aria all very clearly and tries to make other sounds which is great.
aria is a chatterbox and speaks for max occasionally when I don't know what he's saying.
In the mornings I'm greeted with "hey mummy what you doin?"

They both talk to my tummy and cuddle the baby. Don't think they quite understand the whole baby thing properly tho.

twin toddlers is pretty crazy tbh as fun as it is I do have some pretty crazy days where they are right little punks and I don't ever go out alone with them anymore so im stuck to the house a lot. They both egg each other on so not listening to me and running off together is the in thing right now.
Honestly, twin newborns seemed so much easier.
We do enjoy it tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"