Baby #2, what to buy?

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
Other than clothes and some new Bedding I really don't know what we need to buy.
We have the travel system, bath support and cot from the first time round.
Is there anything that I really need to get?
Were borrowing a Moses basket.
I almost feel like I'm missing something super important!
Help :)

A carrier!!! :thumbup: I wouldn't have survived chasing a toddler without it - kept my hands free to help him, make him snacks, etc and still keep LO close. We're on #3 and bought a car seat because our old one doesn't fit with my other 2 kids seats, but other than that we don't need a thing.

I second a sling though I haven't had my second yet I would question what I'd do with a crying baby plus another child without one.

I'm assuming your child will not need to go in the pushchair but you might look into a buggy board ?

I'm hoarding slings and getting a buggy board!

New mattress for cot?

I feel the same, I have literally every baby item from no.1 and its not been used long ago.

my list-
A few bottles
1 pack of dummies (just incase)
Good quality carrier
Maybe a new changing bag
socks
a few nice babygrows
new blankets & sheets
laundry basket
maybe a little toy of its own (even though theres heaps)
Few sunhats

and thats literally it.
we do need a new carseat & cot but these are gifted.

I had a list of things that I needed to buy new and a list of things that I wanted to depending on our money situation. It was roughly something like this:

Needed:
Double buggy
Bottles and bottle brush
Steriliser (old one broke)
Coming home outfit
Special blanket
Special teddy

Wanted:
New baby grows and vests
New dummies
Isofix base (wouldn't fit in our old car)
New bedding for Moses basket
New hats

Can't imagine we will buy much other than mattresses for basket and cot. Plus a new change bag as the old one got binned.

Some new teats for bottles once I start to express as well as BF.
My sister is giving me her old sling.

New mattress, bottles, dummies, hospital babygro, Isofix base for the car seat. I might buy a changing bag but I'm still not sure, I have many big handbags

I need to get...
Crib mattress
Moses basket
Carrier
Buggy board
Sleeping bag
Muslins
Changing bag
Bottles

Guess it really depends on what you've saved from your first and also if your second is the same or a different gender :thumbup:
I've bought (so far) bottles, mattresses for the cotbed and crib and a few neutral items of clothing. I need to buy a buggy board, more cloth nappies, large muslins for swaddling, boba wrap and clothes and bedding if we have a boy. If it's a girl i'll mostly use DD's with a few new bits mixed in :flower: I'd like a new carseat as ours doesn't fit on the pram we have but it's not essential as the one we already have is fine.

My first baby was an almost summer baby and the second baby will be born just before winter, so I'm having to buy different season clothes even though I kept all the old stuff. Those cute little summer outfits aren't going to work in the cold weather.

We also have to replace the car seat, crib mattress, baby monitor and changing pad w/ cover. Since my kids will be 5 years apart, I'm guessing things like bottle nipples and pacifiers will be all cracked or sticky from age and need to be replaced. A good sling will definitely be on my list and I'll need a bassinet for my bedroom until baby 2 is sleeping well enough to share a bedroom with his/her big brother.

We've bought a new Moses basket mattress and will buy a cot mattress when the time comes to him moving into a cot. A carrier (if you haven't got one already).

I looked at a buggy board, but DD scoots everywhere so unsure whether it's worth it. Apparently they stick out and make it difficult to push the pram??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->