Baby and long distance relationship

I honestly have NO idea hun, but I didn't want to read and run.

There are an amazing lot of women on here though, so I'm sure it wont take long to get your questions answered. :hugs:

thank you :flower: I hope someone knows something !! :)

If the baby is born in England, I'm pretty sure it would automatically have complete rights to everything in the UK. If this isn't the case though, the fact that the baby's father is English will make up for it. The baby will be absolutely fine to live and raise in the UK.

It can definitely have a British passport, because it's born in England and therefore considered British by birth. It depends on Finland whether the baby can have dual nationality and have a Finnish passport aswell. Many countries allow dual nationality, but many don't. My mother's country does not, so she lives in the UK and has doe for over 30 years, but she cannot have a British passport; even when she was married to a British man.

I@m pretty sure that if you moved to the UK when you were pregnant, they would take you in for antenatal checks as they do with everyone else. I moved away from the UK when I was pregnant, moved to Gibraltar (also British), and I was fully cared for, even though I didn't have paperwork saying I was local; I was still considered foreign, but they still looked after me and my baby.

I think you would get some form of child support, ot credits, but since I don't live in the UK anymore, I'm not sure who gets what, or what's available. But if you're with your partner, and he's English, he will automatically be entitled to support, so you should be included with that. In the UK, they won't let a baby go without. Especially if it's been born there and needs help, so even if your partner isn't entitled to anything, I think you woudl receive help if you needed it.

Have you asked him to find out? He could ask around and see what would happen, and put your mind at ease

I would suggest you send your oh down to his local citizens advice and they can tell you all you need to know :) x

If Finland is part of the EU then you should be able to claim exactly what a British person can and health care will be provided the same as if you were a British citizen.
As your boyfriend works it will depend on his income if you can claim tax credits. Generally if he earns over £17,000 you wouldn't get anything until after the baby is born. You would be entitled to child benefit then for the baby which is £20 a week.
You should be eligible to work if you wished to. Any employer would have to allow you paid time off for ante natal checks but they wouldn't be liable to pay maternity pay.
I'm not sure if you could claim maternity allowance, perhaps a call to the Job Centre might give you more information but bear in mind the person you speak to might not know a lot and might give you wrong information.
I would also give the citizens advice centre (CAB) a call for what you can do.
Congratulations!

Thank you so much for replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->