Baby Aspirin & Progesterone Cream

Mamabear? Did you edit out your post?

Thanks famof6.

In the end I was just too worried about the cream so I called my OB nurse and expained my fears and she put me on a progesterone suppository, the smallest dose, 50 mg in the am and 50 mg in the pm.

I imagine it will be a bit more progesterone than the cream but at least I don't have to worry about it as much (though of course now I'm worried about the cream not being absorbed down there...I'm never happy :wacko:)

Mamabear? Did you edit out your post?

Thanks famof6.

In the end I was just too worried about the cream so I called my OB nurse and expained my fears and she put me on a progesterone suppository, the smallest dose, 50 mg in the am and 50 mg in the pm.

I imagine it will be a bit more progesterone than the cream but at least I don't have to worry about it as much (though of course now I'm worried about the cream not being absorbed down there...I'm never happy :wacko:)

Hey girl- congrats on your pregnancy! I did edit out my post- I don't know how to delete it. I realized that the op's post was really old and that she was already far enough along that my post probably wouldn't have made any difference. Awesome that your OB gave u suppositories. I just started on them again last night and am also taking 50 mg in the morning and 50 mg at night- that's the dose my OB told me to take when pregnant w/ my son, who is now 2 1/2 yrs old. Anyway, at that time I thought I needed more bc I had alot of cramping- so they said I "could" take 100 mg am and 100 mg pm- that dose made my dizzyness/sickness way worse and it never did take care of the cramping. I later realized I wasn't drinking enough water- I had to drink over a gallon a day to not cramp. Anyway, so this time around they told me to take 200 mg/day but I figured I would go w/ the lower dose and I'm happy about it. I make sure to put it in as far as I can and stay laying down as long as possible so it can absorb well- they say it absorbs down there better then the cream, pills or the shots. As far as weaning off of it, I think I just cut my dose in half for about a wk and then stopped completely at wk 14. I was so scared to stop them w/ my son but just 2 days after I quit I started being able to feel him move around in there all throughout the day (felt like a little fish swimming around =0), it was a blessing to me to know he was ok. As far as the tylenol/asprin...I took it when preg. w/ my son but decided against it this time around (bc it can be hard on the liver). I did have alot of heart pain w/ him and am having it again this time, so I think a blood thinner while on the progesterone is important. I've read that fish oil/cod liver oil (carlsons brand is good), ginger (I drink the tea-which also helps w/ the morning/all day sickness), and higher dose vitamin c is all good at thinning the blood.

I guess that's my 2... or 10 cents =0) Congrats again on your pregnancy- what an exciting time! :happydance:

Thanks for all of the information!!!

I have to cut the suppositories in half as I'm doing half in the morning and hald at night and I find it hard to get them far up there! It's so tight down there and kind of hurts
pushing it up. Any tips? I do it standing up, so maybe I should try laying down?

Thanks for all of the information!!!

I have to cut the suppositories in half as I'm doing half in the morning and hald at night and I find it hard to get them far up there! It's so tight down there and kind of hurts
pushing it up. Any tips? I do it standing up, so maybe I should try laying down?

I have to lay down on my back and bring my knees/legs up and relax down there. I use my middle finger to push it in as far as it'll go. haha. The things we can say online. =0) Oh and if you need, coconut oil, olive oil or some other lubricant can help you get it up there easier. I do the night one right before going to bed so it can soak in good.

Hi everyone, I recently found out the I am pregnant (friday)! I have had history of low progesterone and conceived on my first clomid cycle after ovarian drilling.

Anyway to cut a long story short literally as soon as I tested positive on Fri I started getting brown spotting and quite bad cramps (Ive had cramps since ovulation). I was scared so started using the progesterone cream that I bought online, basically using a pea sized amount twice a day.

I also have been taking baby aspirin since ovulation too.I am still spotting a bit..its there sometimes if I wipe and a few spots in my knickers. Sorry if tmi!

My question is has anyone else had a similar experience of spotting for days after bfp?

Is anyone using their own progesterone cream/ is this ok?

Is it ok to be taking baby aspirin? Thanks!!

Hi Darling, As far as I know you shouldnt take aspirin when u r pregnant, its used just for ovulation stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->