"Baby B" is here! Speedily but safely delivered! cdj1's birth story!

cdj1

Mummy to 2 princes
Reaction score
Hi girls!

I am pleased to finally be able to post my birth story after impatiently awaiting the slightly late arrival of my yellow bundle...which turned out to be a :blue: bundle, just as I suspected all along!

Oscar Charlie Beau Adam was born on June 18th at 3.28am weighing 3600g with a head circumference of 33cm, after an extremely short but slightly hairy 2nd stage at 40+7, just missing Father's Day!

I had originally hoped for a home birth, but after some rethinking something made me decide that it would be safer to birth in the hospital. I cant tell you how glad I am about making that decision! Instead, we planned for me to labour as much as possible at home with a TENS machine, and then to come in to the hospital when I felt it was time.

My waters broke after a nice long cliff walk at around 3pm on Father's Day...and let me tell you what a strange sensation that was and at first I was a bit scared until I saw that the waters were nice and clear and that I didn't start getting hideous contractions straight away, which is something I was worried about! (My waters did not go on their own with my first baby so I didn't know what to expect) It was quite a sight to behold, as we were about 100 yards from home at the time they went, so I had to kind of waddle home with the waters still flowing into my flip flops and a nice wet patch appearing on my trousers!!! :blush: We did see some other walkers on the way but they didn't seem to notice! When I got home, I called the hospital and my husband and we all went up there to get checked over and everything was fine and as labour had not started properly, then we were told to go home to wait for things to start.

My contractions started properly around 6.30pm that evening and quickly gained pace over the evening until around 1am I called my mum to take me in to the hospital as I was really having to breathe through the contractions by this stage and knew it wouldn't be too much longer!

We got to the hospital around 2.00am and I was taken straight into the suite - a nice home birthing room with a birthing pool - which needed to be blown up and filled..so whilst my contractions gained pace I sucked on some gas and air. The MW checked me before I got in the pool and found I was 3-4cm! Cool! I was really chuffed I had done that well and couldn't wait to get into the pool. I got in around 2.30am and as you can see from the time that Oscar was born, things quickly gained pace! The first contraction I had in the pool did not hurt and my whole body just relaxed...but it was the calm before the storm! I honestly thought that my labour would feel like that the whole time in the pool but from the 2nd contraction I had in the pool I knew it was time to push because I felt like I need to do a poo!!! :haha:

The MW's obviously couldn't believe that one minute I was 4cm and the next thing I needed to push, but as I was in such an awkward position in the pool they could not get to me enough to listen in to the baby properly..and when they did it was not good news as baby's heart rate was low and I was told that I needed to get out of the pool ASAP and get into the delivery room next door to be put on the monitor!!! It was quite scary and for a second enough for me to get out of the pool, I didn't feel any contraction...until I started walking next door! I cant remember how I got onto the bed but as soon as they clipped a monitor onto baby, they told me it was not good baby was not enjoying the contractions/pushing and they called for the on call obstetrician.
I dont remember feeling scared but I knew things were serious and I couldn't help but push with every contraction as they were so strong! Anyway the OB appeared as if he had been hiding behind the door and one look at the trace and he decided I would need a ventouse delivery and an episiotomy. I remember feeling disappointed as I have had a ventouse/epis for my first baby and I felt a bit like I had failed, but it was much needed as baby was sunny side up with the cord around his neck - I think I was able to deliver him and his body with assistance with about 2 pushes!!!! OUCH!!!!
It was a very different experience to my first ventouse because the first time around I had a spinal first before having it but this time I did it au naturel.....very painful!!!!!

After the baby was born my placenta followed straight away and the OB noticed that actually it had slightly abrupted so I could have bled to death!

The baby needed a bit of help to breathe, so the paediatrician was on hand and gave him a few whiffs of air and some rubbing before a minute or so when we heard his first few gentle cries!!!! Such a relief!

When they put the baby on me, just like the first time, I could not believe that I had given birth. I remember them putting a towel on my chest saying that the baby was coming, and then all of a sudden there he was! :cloud9:

When they tell you second births are quicker...they aren't kidding!!!!

Baby Oscar is doing really well and breastfeeding day and night, and his big brother Alexander is very kind and gentle with him! I can tell they are going to be great friends!!

I better leave it here as I can hear a certain little man calling for his boob!!!

Good luck to all those yet to have their bundles and thanks for all of your support along the way! I will be stalking the forum for a while yet!! (if I get the time!!) :flower:

xxxxxx

Attachments

• Oscar.jpg
    Oscar.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 35
He's beautiful. Congratulations, sorry it didn't go quite as planned but it's all for the best as your gorgeous baby boy is here at last lol. I wish you the best of luck in your future together xxx

Congratulations!!! He's gorgeous! :)

Congratulations he's beautiful! Sorry it didn't go to plan, but you in no way shape or form failed! You gave birth to a healthy beautiful baby boy. Xx

ahhhhhhhh congratulations! what a beauty! well done! thanks for sharing! x

He is absolutely gorgeous! Well done Hunni. Which OB was on? Can't believe how quickly u dilated! That's crazy fast! Hope my labour is quicker then my one with Tay! Big hugs Hunni zxxxxx

He is absolutely gorgeous! Well done Hunni. Which OB was on? Can't believe how quickly u dilated! That's crazy fast! Hope my labour is quicker then my one with Tay! Big hugs Hunni zxxxxx

Hello! Thanks! It was Mr Jensen! He was great and was really calm
The whole time even when Oscar was born all blue and limp...! How long was your labour for Tay? xx

awww hun!!! i never have time these day's to get on atm lol but amazing well done!!! your yellow turned blue!! congrats!! he's so cute! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->