Baby Buddies!

Aw, she is so precious!

Still no solids here... well for the most part anyway. She has nibbled at some bread, and once I got her to take some blueberries & apples I pureed, but for the most part she wants nothing to do w/ purees and the finger foods I've tried offering have been too slick or mushy for her to pick up. She doesn't seem to want to be fed from a spoon. I will wait until she shows more signs of wanting to eat and we'll go from there.

Lydia sounds like she's making amazing progress with moving around!! Vanessa will pivot on her belly and try to push a lot with her legs, but she has yet to bring her arms into it so she doesn't get anywhere just yet. STILL not rolling belly to back, just the other way around and that's it. Not really sitting steadily either, she keeps leaning forward. Her sister wasn't a steady sitter until 7 months or so though, she might be the same.

No teeth here and no sign of them coming any time soon, that also is no surprise to me.

Glad you are all moved in!! How are you liking the new place?

Hi There! Sounds like you guys are doing well. So glad. We LOVE our new house!! SO much space.

I think we are going to start trying again this month. So many of my friends and relatives are pregnant. I have baby fever! Are you guys going for a third???

For the time being we are not planning to ttc again. We'll reconsider it in a year or two, but I want to have a handle on the two I've got before I think about another one. ;) I've only just recently warmed to the idea of EVER being pregnant again. We'll see if baby fever really hits me when the girls are sleeping at better times and more consistently.

Things are going really well for us. Michaela is saying more words all the time and sings like half of the words to a handful of songs that we sing to her a lot. Vanessa got super interested in eating the other day and even ate some actual chicken! Only a small bite, but she def ate it. I'm very willing to go slow and laid back with her. Desperately want to avoid 100% handfeeding her. I want her to self feed as much as possible. When I do purees I load up the spoon and give it to her. Sometimes it makes it to her mouth and sometimes it doesn't. :haha:

Michaela had a playdate today (yesterday) and I got on really well with the mom (who also has a baby a bit younger than Vanessa). Hopefully we'll be seeing more of them and I can have an actual "in person" friend!

Really exciting for you that you are going to start trying again! Are you comfortable w/ the age gap you'll have if it takes right away?? Probably a little more apart than my girls are now (15.5 months). Or are you expecting it to take longer?

I'm in a group of November moms on facebook and 2 of them are expecting again already. One is 16/17 weeks along! Other is like 6/7 weeks I think.

Good to hear. How is sleep going for you guys? We put Lydia in her own room when we moved and the first few weeks were hell but for the past few weeks she has been sleeping 8ish-6or 7ish. So that is super nice. Watch, I just jinxed myself. :)

I think I would be ok with the age gap. If I got pregnant in June (Which probably will not happen) babes would be about 15 months apart.

I see pregnant people and I am getting super jealous...I think I caught the bug. I really want a child close in age with Lydia so she can grow up being close with a sibling. I really hope it happens soon!

I have only done purees and oatmeal with Lydia. How do you do finger foods?

Sleep could be better, but it could be a lot worse too. Vanessa goes down around 8/9, but has one or two wake ups before midnight lately. After that she sleeps til about 8 am so that's good! Michaela isn't going to bed til round 11 at night. BOO!

I felt a bit overwhelmed at times having them so close and needing me so much, but it's getting better the more sturdy Vanessa becomes, if that makes sense. I do look forward to when the are both old enough to play together. :) maybe then I'll think about baby #3 haha.

For finger foods I'll steam/boil/cook a food so it is soft, but not TOO soft to be held. I cut into pieces roughly the width and half the length of my pinky finger (I don't really measure though, just eye it) Then either hold it out for baby or just lay them on the feeding tray for them to grab on their own. Vanessa takes EVERYTHING to her mouth whereas her sister had no interest, so she's pretty much made for BLW! I know of girls who have fed their babies broccoli trees as a good starting finger food. Other babies have nommed on celery. Do whatever Lydia seems to enjoy. If she likes to grab things and bring to her mouth give her a shot at it! even without teeth they can gum the heck out of things! They have the gag reflex farther forward in their mouth than we do, so if a piece is too big for her to swallow she will gag on it before she's in danger of choking. It's part of the learning process of eating for them. TRY not to freak out and be prepared to fish something out if you have to. ;) Or you could stick w/ purees for now and introduce finger foods around 8 months which is also just fine.

I am just so afraid of Lydia choking!

What are your summer plans? Do you guys have a schedule? We FINALLY have a schedule and now it is going to change because my summer schedule starts June 17th. Right now Lydia sleeps until 7:00-8:00 am and starting June 17th DH will have to leave our house at 6:45 am to bring Lydia to my in-laws since we both will be working mornings now. I only am working about 14 hours a week so Lydia and I will have tons of time together.

We have been meeting tons of mom friends. Down our street I have befriended a mom who is my same age and has a 9 month old named Jack. She is a chiropractor so she is a little busy but we try to get together once a week.

We don't really have much of a schedule. She's just started doing a crappy bedtime thing where I think she's down for the night but she gets back up and doesn't go to sleep til midnight. boo. Then she's awake around 8:15. sometimes she takes two naps, sometimes three.

We just switched Michaela to the toddler conversion of her crib because a few nights ago she was crying and I went in her room to find her sitting on her crib rail w/ one leg in and one out and she was scared!! So this way she can climb in and out safely. It's made bedtime a challenge once again, but we'll hopefully work it out soon. Maybe she won't fight bed so much knowing she can get out if she needs to? Past two nights I've had to go into her room w/ her and shut the door and lay on the floor until she falls asleep. 2 nights ago she fell asleep on the floor next to me, last night she fell asleep in her bed.

I understand the fear of choking for sure!! I held off on anything other than purees for M's whole first year and I'm totally regretting it now. I don't know if it's just her personality or if it's problem I created, but she's very picky and very hard to feed now. If Lydia seems very curious about foods (Michaela really didn't get this way) I say let her explore with a good amount of caution.

Good luck to you TTC #2! Back on the message boards there?

Lydia isn't too curious about our food. She is more interested in what we are drinking. Always reaching and always wanting to try and drink it. She really doesn't care about food at all. I pretty much have to force her to eat purees.

How big is Vanessa now? Last month Lydia was 17lbs and she dropped from the 93rd percentile to the 68th. I am guessing she is close to 18 lbs now? She is 26 1/4 inches long.

I just went back to the TTC boards. I am always so nervous I am not going to conceive. I hate that stupid fear. I am really struggling with my body after baby. I am trying to lose weight and going to TTC. If nothing happens I will just keep working out. Ideally I would like to lose 30-40 lbs before conceiving so I don't balloon up like I did last time and have a hard time losing it.

Hope you guys had a good night sleep :) Lydia is pretty crabby today. Not sure why?!?!?!

Vanessa was 19 lb and I forget the ounces at her 6 month appointment. I think she is just about 20 lbs now. Also round the same height as Lydia so a bit more of a chunk I'd guess. haha.

Nights haven't been too terrible, but they are not as easy as they used to be!! Last night got both the girls to fall asleep in the same room, but M woke at 5:30 and I brought her to bed w/ me (DH had fallen asleep on the couch). Then 6 V woke (usually is sleeping til quarter after 8) and didn't seem to be in the mood to go back to sleep, so I woke DH to lay w/ M and got a bottle started for V, but she fell asleep as I was cruising fb this morning so I laid her back down and got another couple hours sleep.

I think that Lydia's curiosity with food will come in time. Just don't turn mealtimes into a battle to feed her as under one the majority of her needs are filled by formula/milk.

Sorry to hear about your body issues, but I think that's pretty normal too. I'm about 15 lb heavier now than before the girls were born. I actually got within 5 lb of my pre pre pregnancy weight and it seems to have come back after I stopped pumping. I'm not a highly motivated person, but I have a huge fear of turning into my mother (heavyset) that I want to want to exercise!! I just get so tired after watching the girls and then get lazy on fb. :p In any case, I hope you get to reach your weight loss goals before pregnancy, and if not I hope the pounds melt right off after #2!!!

I am pretty sure I am not pregnant I took a test last night at 8dpo and it was a BFN. I cam going to test on Friday because we are going to a wedding and I would like to have a glass of wine :)

How are you guys? We are heading up to the cabin this weekend for a wedding. Should be fun. This will be wedding #3 for Lydia :)

I did so good last week and didn't calorie count over the weekend and am having a hard time getting back into it. Also I have only walked 3 times this week.

Someone is up from a nap!!

We're good. Currently expecting a nasty storm to hit us in the next hour or so. Be nice if I could get these girls in bed before it hits, but I have my doubts. Vanessa maybe, Michaela unlikely!!

Hope you have fun at the wedding. Vanessa's been to one so far and we only did the ceremony because the reception was too far away and DH was on call for work.

DH has some vacation time coming up over the next few weeks as his niece and nephew will be in the area and we want to go to the zoo or something with them and the girls. Should be fun whenever that happens. Also Sunday we'll be doing pictures w/ my brother & sister and their families to get a big family shot for my parents wedding anniversary in August.

Hope everything is well with you and sending you sticky baby dust!! Even if you were pregnant and didn't get a positive yet I don't think a glass of wine so early on would cause any harm (heck, there's ladies who drink a glass of wine now and then during pregnancy and they have perfectly healthy babes). Have a great time!

HOw are you?

We were out of town for a few days and my parents were here the last three days. I also started my new work schedule so our lives have been a little hectic.

Is sleep getting better?

We just landscaped our yard while my parents were here. So we have been really busy!

I see Lydia's first tooth is coming through. She is getting too big :(

sleep is ok. just wish they would go down earlier. but they sleep all night.

we went to the zoo today, no petting zoo, but had a good day.

yay for the tooth! we are still toothless here.

I just don't use the computer as often anymore. LOL

I think I will be ovulating next week so we are going to try again this month. I am trying to remember what I did last time!! :)

I am exhausted from coaching during the morning/afternoons and then taking care of Lydia.

We are doing well and looking forward to the 4th next week! Hope you guys are well!

Understand you probably don't get a chance to come on a whole lot anymore.

Good luck with TTC, FX this is the month for you!!

DH has got me worried/paranoid that I might be pregnant. We had ONE slip up and since my cycle is apparently not regular I don't really know what to expect. I was thinking that I must've been past my ovulation by a few days at least (judging by cm), but the more I think about it, it's very possible that I was not. Expecting AF at some point in the first week of July and hoping like hell she arrives. 3 under 3? That is terrifying!!!

Vanessa's got her first tooth! I think her second is going to be close behind.

Went to the beach for the first time today and Vanessa slept the entire time! Michaela LOVED it just like last year, but this year she is walking and not crawling and a lot harder to keep out of the water when it's time to GO! She threw a right tantrum when we had to leave.

Can't imagine we'll be going to the fireworks for the 4th. If we do it will be without the girls because Vanessa is terrified of loud sounds like that. She would be bawling the whole time. Since we've still got extended family in town thru the 5th I think we'll probably do some kind of family meal for the 4th at least and that'll be nice!

Have a great Holiday!!

I can't believe it is already almost the 4th...Lydia is almost 8 months!!

Still not crawling. Just rolling everywhere! Yay for another tooth. We have 2 as well now! She has been super cranky lately and clingly so I am assuming it was just her teething.

We are going up to the cabin Wednesday-Sunday. I will be ovulating during that time so I am sure we won't get a chance to do the bd : (

I hope your AF arrives. I would be super jealous if you were preggo ; )

af showed her face same day I wrote that! no need for jealousy. meant I only had a 25 day cycle and the one before was 33 days. can't wait for some normalcy!

still no crawling or even rolling here. she clearly wants to crawl, but can't yet.

hope you do find a chance to bd and catch that eggy! good luck!

Hi There!

My best friend is due November 22nd and she just found out she is having a girl. Really happy for her and a little sad and jealous. I miss those feelings from a year ago!

I got a positie OPK yesterday and now today it is negative so I am not sure what is going on. I think we will just try to dtd as many times as possible over the next few days. I hope this is our month but I am trying not to be to optimisitc.

I hope you guys have a great 4th!

Just try to enjoy dtd and I hope you get your bfp, but try to stay as relaxed as possible and keep enjoying precious Lydia! It'll happen!!!

Congrats to your friend!! Little girls are the best! ;) Try not to be too sad, you'll get there soon enough!

Got my niece & nephew here right now and I should probably be making dinner or doing anything but being online. Naughty me! M is napping (at 7:30 pm) It's not looking like a good night for us!

How was your 4th?

I am enjoying Lydia :) I am not stressed about getting pregnant just jealous!!

Doing anything fun coming up?

Lydia isn't crawling still but rolling around all over lol. She can stand and play by herself for like 20 mins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->