Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Fides I do wonder now im off how I/ we will all cope with everything but you just do.

Random- but this really bugs me. When people write a status on favebook about there bad night with there child... And someone leaves a comment Like ' welcome to motherhood' how patronising is that!!!!

Fides I do wonder now im off how I/ we will all cope with everything but you just do.

Random- but this really bugs me. When people write a status on favebook about there bad night with there child... And someone leaves a comment Like ' welcome to motherhood' how patronising is that!!!!

I know i hate that too. My sister is like this.

My sister is a single mum of two (little boy nearly 3 and little girl just turned 1) and she often patronises me that ive got it easy because both me and oh are here to look after the kids whereas she had to do it all by herself etc etc :dohh:

On my first day alone without OH yday she just "popped in" on her lunch hour to see how i was getting on ( i think she expected to see me having some sort of melt down but Oscar was in bed having his nap and Jack was just having a feed...the house was spotless because Id managed to do the cleaning that morning :lol:)

well i'm pretty sure i had more than one melt-down DH's first day back at work, and if someone had dropped in on me that day, spotless is not a word that would have described our place! :haha:

I'm glad we had already planned that I wouldn't return to work, as now we couldn't put Blake in daycare due to the risk of infection with him coming so early. I was an actuary before.

We had a great night last night. Blake slept from 11:30-5:30, 6:30-8:00.

I'm just about to watch it on +1, until DH changes the channel of course!

I loved the lady with 1 boy and 12 girls bless her but she was well involved but I think thats nice! I don't know know how the mum of all the little kids had time for makeup and making bread!!!

Sophie is a complete boobie monster tonight, I hope she stops soon, I'm shattered!

Physio tomorrow! Can't wait :)

I just watched it too, yikes they must be mad. Its wonderful that they all seem so happy though!

Just got Jack off to sleep, please please please have a good few hours now little boy!!

My OH goes back to work tomorrow - holy crap, I'm going to miss him and his help, hope I cope :cry:.
xoxox

I'm a staff nurse on a surgical urology ward. :) It's all bladders, catheters, urine, prostates and kidneys!! And because it's surgical, most of our patients come in for planned surgeries that can range from a simple circumcision to a radical cystectomy (total removal of the bladder). Our ward has 36 beds and I look after up to 9 patients at once. :) It's my first nursing job, and I really enjoy it.

Cool, Im a trauma/orthopedic nurse so deal with bones and breaks, basically hip and fragility fractures. Our staffing is not as good as yours, we have 30 beds and there are days (happening frequently) where i would have up to 16 patients with myself and one CSW/HCA/support worker with me (charge nurse would be overseeing the whole ward, doing doctors rounds etc). Ive only been qualified two years. Staff are leaving the ward in droves due to the heavy work load, nine shifts out of ten we wouldnt get a break or leave on time and apparently this has only gotten worse since i went on mat leave. Two qualified experienced nurses have left in the last 3 weeks and there are no replacements in the pipeline.

The really sad thing is that i cannot give the care that i want to give. I want to make sure that my patients are clean and well cared for but i simply do not have time.
Im speaking to my union in the next few days as the ward is falling apart, we simply do not have enough staff, let alone experienced staff. We are being cracked down on in regards to assessments and made to stay behind to complete them, patients arent being assessed reguarly as we have trouble getting the basic needs met.

Those who are returning to work... Are you doing keeing in touch days?- we get 10 before it affects our mat leave. I've been asking my boss for two weeks and she has finally got back to me... Now she has though, I don't want to do it, ha ha, but the extra money would be great.
My boss wont put me on any training, even the breakaway training that i requested (occy health requested it as well), KIT days havent been used at all, not even mentioned.

I popped into work today to officially give my 8 week notice that i intend to return to work early (mid may instead of early august) and ward manager said 'i hope you are ready to come back as i cant be dealing with you having another breakdown' (ive had two bad breakdowns in the last two years, last one being in november 2012)I actually shocked at her, so much for health professionals being understanding of people with mental health problems. A nurse who has been in the job for more that 2 decades has no understanding/care for those with mental health issues.

finally just got lena down to sleep almost half one tho lol lil madame does not like her moses basket with the covers on it byt gave no choice as she cut the top of her head last night on the sharp wiker :nope:

Rota I just cannot believe what i am reading!! Your work situation sounds awful and it's sad you can't be the nurse you want to be.
I did have to mention the KIT days as she had never heard of them, it took her two weeks to reply to me about doing them as she had to read up the policies, ect.
So maybe if you mentioned them... When you go back mid May maybe those shifts could be KIT so you get paid your mat pay too (extra cash)

I'm even more saddened of your boss attitude!! I hope another position comes up on a
Different ward that you could apply...?

Ive got 16 kids and counting on record And the programme on BBC 3 about first time dads- looked interesting.

Hope your all sleeping. Xx

Ohhh, I forgot to record Don't Just Stand There I'm Having Your Baby. I'll have to ipayer it. I'm watching the Stacey Solomon one now though, as I'm up for a feed. Good old Harry is consistently going 3 hours between feeds now, which is really good for him. The fatty. :p

Oh dear, my skin is super itchy! Don't know if I've had an illurgic reaction to something :(. Bah!

Hope you're all okay! : flower:
xoxox

Becca, do you have itching on your belly and like ant looking bites/rash? I've read when I had pupps that some women get it after delivering...not to make you paranoid but just keep an eye out on it :thumbup:

Ugh that is really really annoying. Or like when DH was in the military when you'd miss him while he was gone deployed for a year, people would say well you signed up for it...ASSES!:growlmad: No kidding but am I not allowed to miss him for pete's sake??

16kids and counting. ...o m g

Oh it's 19 and counting now - that must be a rerun LOL - and their oldest son has two kids and one on the way. Interesting family though. Gotta give them credit that they are self sufficient and take care of their kids.

We've had a lovely day at the mall with a fellow mom friend with a 10wk old - we strolled and walked around for 6hrs! ha! I couldn't believe it when she said what time it was.

Got a cute easter outfit, nursing tanks, couple of regular shirts and a hat :) Success. Whitt was excellent and I even nursed him twice semi in public (bathroom) while we were there :)

DH made dinner and Whitt is now asleep on his own accord! SCORE. I am off to bed to take advantage! Night ladies xoxo

Is there anything you can use for sleeping in our bedroom when LO outgrows crib ? Thomas is looking long in his and ding know how many more weeks we will get out of it, but still think he is small to be in big cot.

Just got 3 hours of sleep :) Sadly tried to out my pjs on (cotton do no stretch -excuses) and I couldn't pull them over my arse!why has that grown so much!! Soooo hating my body. Eaten crap this week though as no time todo my nice healthy food I planned :(
HV said that breast milk changes and goes really thick soon and weight drops off but mw looked blank. Anybody know anything. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->