Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Id call nurse bec as sounds uncomfortable :(

Today I ended up driving across town on the motorway. Miss sleepy slept most of the time! I also went to a baby group and met my friend there.

THank god for slings! Jade was just in hers (luckily) as my dog done a runner out the door when my veg box got delivered! Lucky I had two hands free to grab her. Must have looked a right sight as I only had one slipper on!

Smiley, do you still have milk in? The only thing I know that will increase supply is Motillium (I think the active ingredient is domperidone) you might have to get someone else to buy it though, even though its just an anti sickness med I believe they have cottoned on to women using it for other reasons!

I think I will. I thought I had an illurgic reaction to Badedas but now I'm not so sure.
xoxox

Smiley, do you still have milk in? The only thing I know that will increase supply is Motillium (I think the active ingredient is domperidone) you might have to get someone else to buy it though, even though its just an anti sickness med I believe they have cottoned on to women using it for other reasons!

Damn I had a bottle of domperidone from when Oscar had bad reflux but I got rid of it when he no longer needed it :(

I still have bits of milk but only if I squeeze it out and it is only a few drops :shrug: So no, I dont have a proper supply or anything.

MF :haha: The one slipper thing made me laugh!

Excuse my horrid tattoo, but this is the kind of rash I have on my body:

https://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/Rebeccastarrr/EBBA1179-4F39-4E74-9A75-6624783086AD-322-0000002B199132AF_zps9e46a35e.jpg
xoxox

Excuse my horrid tattoo, but this is the kind of rash I have on my body:

https://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/Rebeccastarrr/EBBA1179-4F39-4E74-9A75-6624783086AD-322-0000002B199132AF_zps9e46a35e.jpg
xoxox

loojs like an alergic reaction to me

Smiley - your supply would still be very receptive but you are right it would be hard work.

The best thing would be seeing if your LO will still latch and get him to stimulate your milk. Expressing would help. Domperidone is the best thing but fenugreek (can get from holland and barratt) works - I used that with Ivy and food like oats boost supply.

The main thing though is lots of stimulation on the boob - preferably in the early hours of the morning when your prolactin levels are highest.

I have seen stories in the bf section where ladies have done it though - even if it is just enough to combi feed for a while x

I'm so tired. Think Thomas is gearing up for a growth spurt. Been on a mad feed this afternoon. Do they have another one soon? Found clothes 0/3 I forgot about so hope he doesn't outgrow them too fast!!

Looks like an allergy to me. X

Dh has made me my favourite cakes... Chocolate cornflake cakes :) but used green and blacks choc :) :) Only thing is I can imagine the kitchen I will be cleaning xx

Thanks AP, yeah I have just been reading a very encouraging thread in the breast feeding section! I offered Jack the boob a little while ago and he latched on no problem and was sucking away for a while but soon got bored when the milk wasnt flowing.

Smiley I tried it 1 week after stopping. I had a hospital grade pump, domperidone and put Jude to breast. It didn't work for us. I was having to pump every 2-3 hrs and then put him on too. With phoebe too it was too much. Plus the heartache of it not working AGAIN!
Nt trying to put you off but just trying to explain how hard it was for us. Even after all that your supply may never be back to what it was to exclusively breast feed.

Hope if you try it works hun. But also think about the reasons why you stopped... Are they still there?

Good luck smiley :)

Lindy yep 6weeks is a growth spurt. Have you looked at wonder weeks book/app?

Our issue to start was the latch but my supply had dwindled cause he wasn't getting much. We had the issue that even if the supply came back he may never have actually
Latched properly.

Will try and get wonder weeks app. Any tips in settling LO when on feeding frenzy and boobs empty? He is crying and trying to feed :(

During growth spurts I try skin to skin, having a bath with LO and mainly trying to relax. I find myself getting tense during cluster feeding and LO getting fed up with milk flowing slowly - I am sure it makes it worse when I tense up and it even slows the milk down.

Easier said than done but try and relax as much as possible, your boobs are refilling all the time and the milk he is getting by emptying them and upping your supply is super fattening and good for him x

When sophie is on a feeding frenzie I get comfy on the sofa, big drink and snacks handy, skin to skin and let her feed while u watch TV, browse the net, read as they all relax me, if I find myself getting frazzled then OH takes her for a few minutes do I can stretch my legs. When Sophie starts getting frustrated at the boob we have a winding break and a nappy change if needed the onto the other side, when it gets to the point where she is getting very frustrated at both boobs quickly I squeeze by boobs to help a little extra milk out and that calms her a little x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->