Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Whisper :hugs: Why is ben against moving to the UK?

We had a better night last night :happydance: Bedtime bottle at 10.30pm and then he woke up at 2am and then 5.30am so this is miles miles miles better for us! I made some changes last night though and would be interested to know what everyone else does:

* Where does your baby sleep? (Moses, crib, cot, co-sleep etc etc)
* Do you change their nappy everytime they wake for a feed?
* If they seem 'awake', do you sit up with them and try and get them back to sleep or do you leave them on their own so they can self settle and go back to sleep in their own time?
* Those with sicky babies, once they have had a feed, do you put them down in their cot/crib and hope for the best or do you sit up with them for a while?

Sorry for all of the questions :lol: Just very interested to see how others approach night time feeding and sleeping!

Last night I had Jack in his moses instead of his crib and he slept the whole night in his moses. Ususally, he gets to around 1ish and will become unsettled so I co-sleep for the rest if the night but last night he was fine for the entire night.
Also, I started him on gaviscon on sunday and now it has had a chance to start working properly, he was only sick once in the night which helped cut down feeding times dramatically last night. Plus I wasnt having to get up every two minutes to pick him up when he was choking on sick :dohh:

Xxx

Whitt sleeps in the napper portion of his pack and play - it's fleece lined and keeps his head slightly upright - this isn't our exact one but he sleeps in the thing on the left:
https://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1806997

Yes, we change before we feed every time unless he's not dirty which never happens lol. He pees a lot, usually has one poop at night and will fuss if dirty so we change it every time.

We rock after winding every time. If he's already sleeping I don't rock long but I do to get him sleepy. I will put him down if I've rocked for around 15 min and nothing's happening and try to give him a binky to get him asleep. Usually he's very good about going right back to sleep at the early am feeds - the 5am one is tricky bout half the time.

If he's winded good and not crying/asleep I put him down - the napper elevates his head so if he gets sick there wasn't any preventing it and I feed him and rock him upright. Vomiting usually happens during a feed, during a wind, or after loads of crying for him.

On the same topic, If baby is sleeping in the room with you, when is everyone planning to move them to their own crib? For us breast feeding, it's more convenient to have him in the room, his head is elevated and the pack and play has vibration and sound features that are helpful...but at the same time I do want to get him used to sleeping in his room...:shrug:

Glad the gaviscon is working for you:flower:

Oh no, AP, do you think it might be flu? :( Feel better soon. Rest up!

We had a nice morning out. :) Big Fatty has put on 13.5ozs in the past week, making him 8lbs 13.5ozs now. I'm very happy about that, because it means the vomiting isn't affecting him. It's just something we have to deal with until he grows out of it. :shrug:

Right now, he's asleep on my chest. I'm watching the latest episode of 'Once Upon a Time' while the dryer does its thing. DH helped with the housework yesterday, so I really only have minimal tidying to do. :) An afternoon in front of the TV - yay! I also started playing The Sims 3 again yesterday, so I might get on that if I have time. :)

Well done Harry :) Same here - despite his vomiting he had gained 10oz in 10 days at his last visit - such a relief isn't it??

And I am OBSESSED with OUAT!

Hope you feel better AP!

Embo - how nice to have a day to yourself! I might have to punch that card in here soon for a couple hours :)

Ugh I just found the cutest pair of little zebra crocheted little booties and forgot to put him in them and now his feet are a little too big :dohh: Might try to make it work for today to take at least one picture. I try to take pictures of him in all the outfits so we get at least some memories of them.

We are going over to a friend's house to visit with other friends who are recent moms or pregnant :) I am bringing lasagna - yumm! Hope he can manage not to get crazy fussy!

Oh and our sleep was crap last night - he did about 3.5 hrs from 9-1230 and then every two hours:dohh: - I got spoiled to those 5/6 hr stretches he's been doing...:coffee:

Evening ladies, hope your all ok.

Not has chance to come on all day...

Hugs whisper, hope your feeling brighter about things today?

Smiley, I put Ruby on her Moses updates and I either put Ruby in her chair or bring her Moses down.

AP, hope your feeling better now?

Sorry I did read up- can't think? Lol.

Becca you are a FAB mummy, please stop putting yourself down :)

We had a bad night! For some reason I could settle Ruby down :(
I went up at 9:20- thinking Ruby was down for the night but no, she moaned and wiggled till 3am!!! And then my two year old was awake screaming ( not that she still has a voice, poor thing)
So I think I got about 2 hours broken sleep?

Rubys spots on her face have now faded a bit but her skins feels like i imagine a snake to feel like!! I'm assuming it's excema? Hoping to get her weighed and some advice from hv?

My DH went to the doctors as he has a chest infection and is also being referred for the snip, eeeeeek!

Still no Af here and Ruby is 7 weeks on Friday. Thought it would return by now, it had with the others.

Hope your all having a nice chilled evening xx

Evening all, good night/day here Dh got up all night with phoebe last night and he has been home helping out as he won't be here end of week :nope: hope those who had rough night have a better one tonight.

Mf did you end up getting any advice on gripe water and how to give ?

Bug was weighed today and is 9lb exactly :D Its so weird as DD1 was 9.14lb at birth.

Going to get my hair chopped off tomorrow, eeekkk!!! Ive had long hair for 10-11 years now (mid back length) and im finally taking the plunge and treating myself to a bob :D (its being done at the local college so cheap cheap cheap) Got a list of demands, slightly below chin length,choppy layered with a side swept fringe. OH is happy as its a hair style that i cannot scrap back into a pony tail.

*Where does your baby sleep? (Moses, crib, cot, co-sleep etc etc)In the play pen next to our bed
* Do you change their nappy everytime they wake for a feed?We change mid feed as she poops 5-10 mins into a feed
* If they seem 'awake', do you sit up with them and try and get them back to sleep or do you leave them on their own so they can self settle and go back to sleep in their own time?We walk around with her. Once shes over six weeks we start to allow her to self sooth
* Those with sicky babies, once they have had a feed, do you put them down in their cot/crib and hope for the best or do you sit up with them for a while?When Elsie was sick we were up with her but she had a fever so it was a bit different then reflux or a cold.

wow the bubs are getting so big!

Smiley-

Beany used to sleep in bed with me then I put her in a moses basket next to my bed and now she has moved on to her cot on my side of the bed!
I Change her at every feeding (since Im so worried about rashes, unless she woke up after less than 2/3 hours)
I do exactly like MrsSwaffer does! she feeds sitting up then I burp her and keep her upright for a little while, it works wonders!

Also, at night I keep interaction to the bear minimum, infact, hardly any light and not even talking if i can... but in the day time I try to spend a lot of time talking and playing with her and moving around until she makes it clear she has had enough (but dont feel guilty to leave her lying alone as long as she is content if you have stuff to do, she will let you know if she gets lonely!

My AF started last night.. I wasn't sure until I woke up this morning.. yup.. it has definitly started! No pain yet though *fingers crossed*

Grrrrr booked 6w check today. Got told 1pm but then a text to say 1:20. Turned up at 1:10 to get told could only do thomas check. However have sent me for bloods as explained i was transfused but need to go back bext week. so Monday - weigh in Tuesday - 6w check wednesday- bloods thursday- got to call in work for year end meeting :( :( I'm feeling crap. Full of a cold. Head feels like its going to explode. Please let me sleep tonight!

On plus point I have been healthy other than 5mini eggs and an after eight!

Lindy, your lurgy sounds like mine. I can only take paracetomol at it isn't doing much for me. I need Elodie to give me a good night.

Nursey run tomorrow which is tiring but at least I get time with just Elodie.

All the first timers finding it hard to adapt :hugs: it is totally normal - at this stage with my eldest I often was in pjs all day and never got the housework done. Sod it, the time with your baby is too precious, try and enjoy the good bits, don't do the washing up instead!

feeling much better today flats majorly clutterd again but we will fix it this week managed to get a half hour bubble bath and wash my hair today plus had a proper home made dinner:happydance: now laying about to wat h eastenders on i player b4 bed my princess is 8 weeks tomorrow:cloud9:

Whisper :hugs: Why is ben against moving to the UK?

We had a better night last night :happydance: Bedtime bottle at 10.30pm and then he woke up at 2am and then 5.30am so this is miles miles miles better for us! I made some changes last night though and would be interested to know what everyone else does:

* Where does your baby sleep? (Moses, crib, cot, co-sleep etc etc)
* Do you change their nappy everytime they wake for a feed?
* If they seem 'awake', do you sit up with them and try and get them back to sleep or do you leave them on their own so they can self settle and go back to sleep in their own time?
* Those with sicky babies, once they have had a feed, do you put them down in their cot/crib and hope for the best or do you sit up with them for a while?
Xxx

* sleeps at night in the bassinet
* yes, change the diaper each wake
* stay up with him and rock/pat until he falls asleep again
* thankfully he usually doesn't spit up at night

On the same topic, If baby is sleeping in the room with you, when is everyone planning to move them to their own crib?

he's in our room, but we haven't decided when he'll go to the nursery b/c i don't want him waking Jacob up. Jacob moved to the nursery at 5 months, which is when he was able to sleep at night without a warm body next to him. This one's already in teh bassinet, then we'll move him to a crib in our room until he sleeps well enough not to wake Jacob up when they share a room...

AP, hope you feel better soon! Ejoy your day with Elodie!

Whisper, glad you are feeling better :hugs: Happy 8 weeks to Lena!

How is everyone today? Did everyone sleep well?

We did ok! Jude did 9.30-1.30 and 2-5.30! I like a one wake up night! It's better if he takes last feed at 10/10.30 so one at 2.30 then 6/630 :)

Off to put paediatrician appointment today to see what other mess we can get for his reflux although I think we har seen improvement. He still isn't settled after a feed but he doesn't scream as often now.

Thanks AP

Restless here, up since 4:30! Is it milk spits when there are little spots on cheeks by mouth? Is there anything you can do to help clear them up? X

tired here lena slept but mummy was awake and in agony from head to toe:nope: struuglein to even go to the toilet as hurts to bend my knees

Nix, when Oscar was referred to the paediatrician for his reflux when he was you ger, he was given domperidone and that helped him. Hope they can give you something that works, its a real nuisance isnt it.

Lindy, not sure, both of mine have had them but they just cleared up on their own.

Morning all! Hope you're okay.

I'm really proud of myself, me and Lily had a calm, stress-free night feeds. She's got a routine now too, she wakes up at 1am, 5am and 8am :D.

Myself and my fiancé aren't doing so good at the moment though :(.
xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"