Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Morning all! Hope you're okay.

I'm really proud of myself, me and Lily had a calm, stress-free night feeds. She's got a routine now too, she wakes up at 1am, 5am and 8am :D.

Myself and my fiancé aren't doing so good at the moment though :(.
xoxox

well done lily we have a similar night routine too 830/9 -1/2 then 6 am

Aww Becca whats wrong with you and OH? Glad Lily had a good night!

Morning! We had an alright night. I am so so tired though. I need to sleep when he sleeps today, I think. At least for one nap anyway! :sleep:

Bec, what's up? :hugs: We're here for you. It's a huge strain, having a baby. Me and DH definitely argue more; we're both so knackered!

Today, I have no plans, but need to get out so I'll probably go to the shops to get lunch or something. I may also take my 'before' 30DS photos! :p

Aw, thanks ladies. Well, I asked him last night if he'd rather Lily wasn't here, and he replied "No, that sounds like I want her dead, but if I could turn the clocks back I wouldn't have her, I wasn't ready to be a dad". I wasn't ready to be a mum, but she's here and I love her. I deal with my responsibilities and she is mine. Also, he never changes nappies and does very little feeds. He seems distant and all he wants is for her to grow up. I've told him she's my priority now, and I'll leave with her if he doesn't step up. I feel lonely and like she's MY baby, not OUR baby.
xoxox

Oh Becca, massive hugs to you.
The first ten ish weeks are the hardest and mostly on the relationship. I really hate this part, you rarely get any time alone as a couple and the stress and tiredness take s it's toll.
Things will improve and I'm sure he is just finding fatherhood tough (even though us mummies do all the work)
Can you not go out for a meal and have a few quality hours together?
Xxx

Well done for all the good sleepers

Nix hope the appointment goes well.

Rota enjoy your hair cut, I enjoyed mine.

Canr remember anything else, seriously my brain is rubbish!!! Love to everyone else.

Ruby slept 11:00 till 4:20 and then I had to wake her at 8am- good girl Ruby :)
Shame my two year old had me up!

I'm a bit concerned about Rubys face.
The spots is now an angry dry rash and over her face, ears and neck! I'm only using water and putting sudo on it.
I may have said this already? But a friend said her rash looks like a milk intolerance rash? And the past two days she has vomited her whole feed (twice) even though the milk was due, she burped and drunk it at a good speed.
I know I'm probably over reacting and it's nothing?
Anyways getting her weighed later and see what they say?
Xx

Deary me, men DO find it difficult to adapt. My OH is sooooo much better with Oscar now he is a toddler rather than a baby. Most men 'prefer' it when they are a little older. No idea why?

But that doesn't excuse the things he has said. I suppose in one respect it is good that he is being honest but it still doesnt make it any less hurtful for you. :hugs:

What has he said about stepping up? Did he say he will make the effort?

Jem, Jack has been on and off with baby acne and now his skin has gone sort of scaley on his face? Really dry and flakey in places too. Ive been advised to use olive oil but I cant bring myself to put it on his face :haha:

Olive oil!! They said to put that on after birth, pure gross, that would have to be my last result.
I did think it maybe baby acne but I dont think it is??
These poor babies, to top Ruby off she has a tickley cough, which she got off the girls and there has chesty- so I think I'm in for a rough week?
X

Morning!

Sorry I have been so crap at keeping up with this thread, having a hard time right now.

Lots of love and hugs to everyone x x x

I use olive oil! I used it on my tummy all through pregnancy and I have used it to massage jade and jabbed a bit on her flaky eyebrows. If you think about it and read ingredients in sudocreM etc olive oil is a great choice. Its a tad gready but absorbs quick if you use tiny amount. Coconut oil is another good one.

JAde slept 9-4 then 4:15 till 7.30 but I feel crap. Been running around like a headless chicken and its my OH day off and hes in bed do I sympathise on the men grumbles today!

I've been using Aveeno moisturiser on M since birth. My nephew gets prescribed it for his excema so it's good stuff x

we only use oil on lenas skin pediatrician told us to not use creams

:hugs: Wiggler. Hope you're okay and it's not too serious. :flower:

Little Harrison is sleeping in the pram at the moment, snoring his head off! Well, it's like really heavy breathing - does anyone else have a snorer? :haha:

I'm finally on my PC!! I have put the heater and TV on in the bedroom, and we're hanging out in here this morning. :) Now that we're getting good at time-keeping, I'm becoming more relaxed with Harry and his little routines - he knows when he needs feeding/cuddles/playtime etc. I'll just do my thing until then. :D

Yes, men definitely prefer when babies do more! Now that Harry has started to smile, Alex is much more interested in him. He told me the other day not to be such a mumzilla, so I've taken that advice and am backing off. He's spending a lot more time with Harry now, which is lovely, and I try not to be critical of his parenting skills because he finds it hard. I just encourage and praise, encourage and praise. I have a very sensitive husband, and I'm sure he'll come into his own when Harry's a bit older. :)

Olive oil is great for the flakey/scaley skin as it is slightly abrasive and takes the very top layer of skin off - really good for cradle cap etc.

I am feeling better today, just full of cold. I had a raging temperature in the night, I hope Elodie doesn't get it - the antibodies in my milk should protect her a bit right?

Excited for Ivy to get back from nursery as I have my double buggy now (I wanted to do without one but can't cope with a slow walking, buggy board hating 2 year old!) My work friend has sold us their old buggy so I don't feel so guilty about the cost - or having a house full of buggies :wacko: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->