Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Whats everyones plans for today?

Ive got to take Oscar to see a paediatrician so Jack is going to MILs...she has been saying how she 'cant wait to take Jack out in the pram' but she can sod off because its snowing and Im not having him out in it. Plus, I can only fit one pram in my car so i cant take his pram anyway coz I need to take Oscars!

She will act hard done to when I turn up without the pram and I'll feel horrid saying no you cant take him out but its freezing so she can just deal with it unfortunately.

How the peds trip goes ok hun. I have a very exciting day planned :happydance: Lily and Jack are at school/nursery all day so OH is watching Connor and I'm going for a day out to the shops- all on my lonesome! I'll probably be back after a few hours but even thats going to be amazing

Morning! Off to our usual Tuesday HV clinic in a bit for Harry's weigh-in. :)

We had a good night - hardly any sick! :happydance:

I hope you girlies are okay. I haven't read through, but I will do now. :flower:

Smiley...

* Where does your baby sleep? (Moses, crib, cot, co-sleep etc etc) In his Moses basket, next to my side of the bed in our room.
* Do you change their nappy everytime they wake for a feed? Yes, and we have a system - change then feed at night (because he's always sleepy after being on the boob), feed then change in the day to keep him awake.
* If they seem 'awake', do you sit up with them and try and get them back to sleep or do you leave them on their own so they can self settle and go back to sleep in their own time? If he's quiet but awake, I leave him to go back to sleep. He'll often yawn loads anyway, so I know it won't take him long.
* Those with sicky babies, once they have had a feed, do you put them down in their cot/crib and hope for the best or do you sit up with them for a while? Harry has been very sicky recently. I feed him upright, and keep him upright for a good while afterwards and make sure I get a good burp out of him.

* Where does your baby sleep?
Jude sleeps in carrycot of pram upstairs and Moses down.
* Do you change their nappy everytime they wake for a feed?
Yes
* If they seem 'awake', do you sit up with them and try and get them back to sleep or do you leave them on their own so they can self settle and go back to sleep in their own time? Let settle himself !!
* Those with sicky babies, once they have had a feed, do you put them down in their cot/crib and hope for the best or do you sit up with them for a while?
I wind him put him down and hope for the best!!

* Where does your baby sleep? (Moses, crib, cot, co-sleep etc etc) pram downstairs and moses upstairs
* Do you change their nappy everytime they wake for a feed? no, I feel bad reading other replys lol but she stays in it 9pm till morning unless dirty but shes been fine.
* If they seem 'awake', do you sit up with them and try and get them back to sleep or do you leave them on their own so they can self settle and go back to sleep in their own time? No, feed then straight back down
* Those with sicky babies, once they have had a feed, do you put them down in their cot/crib and hope for the best or do you sit up with them for a while?
N/a as shes not sick.

Have a lovely time em xxx

catch up when fed Jade but we had a good night (9pm-4am) then 4.15 till 7. I was surprised as she slept all day lol xx

Ugh, I'm having one of those days, seriously. I'm feeling crap about my parenting skills and my housewife skills. My mum has come down to watch Lily, with my nine-year-old sister and she is managing to watch Lily and clean, I can't even do that! I feel like a failure. I'm a crap mum, poor Lily :cry:.
xoxox

Whisper :hugs: Why is ben against moving to the UK?

We had a better night last night :happydance: Bedtime bottle at 10.30pm and then he woke up at 2am and then 5.30am so this is miles miles miles better for us! I made some changes last night though and would be interested to know what everyone else does:

* Where does your baby sleep? (Moses, crib, cot, co-sleep etc etc)
* If they seem 'awake', do you sit up with them and try and get them back to sleep or do you leave them on their own so they can self settle and go back to sleep in their own time?

Sorry for all of the questions :lol: Just very interested to see how others approach night time feeding and sleeping!

Last night I had Jack in his moses instead of his crib and he slept the whole night in his moses. Ususally, he gets to around 1ish and will become unsettled so I co-sleep for the rest if the night but last night he was fine for the entire night.
Also, I started him on gaviscon on sunday and now it has had a chance to start working properly, he was only sick once in the night which helped cut down feeding times dramatically last night. Plus I wasnt having to get up every two minutes to pick him up when he was choking on sick :dohh:

Xxx

Thomas sleeps in pram bit on stand (its for overnight sleeping)
I change his bum sometimes- if he has leaked or I know he hasn't finished feeding and is drifting off.
If he is awake he won't settle on his own so I cuddle him, tap his bum etc to get him to sleep then transfer him.
If Thomas has a sicky night I do sit with him for a while until I feel comfortable lying him down otherwise I'm up and down checking none stop.

Don't know if that's right but would be good to know what others do!

Elodie sleeps in our bed, I have a bed rail up at one side.

Nappy changes - I avoid it unless she has poo'd or if I can tell it is very very wet at let's say 5am.

Most of the time she falls asleep feeding. I feed her laying down at night, sometimes I wake up and her eyes are open though so I guess she is sometimes settling herself.

Elodie isn't sicky (thank god!) My eldest was, I would burp her and hold her upright for a while and then put her down with a muslin under her head x

lena sleeps in the moses basket beside me in the living room at the mo while my joints are playinv up other times the cot in bedroom, i chanfe her bum before feeds in the night if i change after shes usualy sick:shrug:

shes not a sicky baby as such buf when she is i lay her on side with muslim under her head

Thanks ladies for the replies, was just interested to know what everyone else was doing.

Jack usually sleeps in his swinging crib but changed him to his moses last night and he slept much better.
I dont change his nappy at every feed in the night, I only change it once a night when it seems to be getting pretty full.
If he is awake I usually sit up with him and try and help him fall asleep but last night I just put him down and he self settled on his own.
The major issue I have at night is his sickness, I cant put him down without him choking on sick :nope: So im up and down constantly cleaning him and changing him etc but last night was fine because the gaviscon is starting to make a real difference now.

How is everyone doing today? Ive just got home from the paediatricians and my house is a pig sty! Need to clean up x

How did the app go? Im ok just over ryans dads but they are pottering around with the car so me and jade are just sat in lounge. I have my car though so will go soon and get sorted for school run. X

How did the appt go smiley?

I am poorly : nope: I think Elodie has it too - cold symtoms and chills etc. I am really dizzy and Elodie just wants to be fed and cuddled - I obviously want her to have her milkies but Ivy is getting grumpy. DH has offered to finish work early, I might need to take him up on the offer.

Appointment was fantastic MF, Im not going mad, they took me really seriously and are sorting a few things before they want to see him again when he turns two where they will hopefully be testing him properly! It all just depends how he gets on in the mean time, but Im very glad I went.

It went great, thank you for asking AP! :) hope you feel better soon!

Oh no, AP, do you think it might be flu? :( Feel better soon. Rest up!

We had a nice morning out. :) Big Fatty has put on 13.5ozs in the past week, making him 8lbs 13.5ozs now. I'm very happy about that, because it means the vomiting isn't affecting him. It's just something we have to deal with until he grows out of it. :shrug:

Right now, he's asleep on my chest. I'm watching the latest episode of 'Once Upon a Time' while the dryer does its thing. DH helped with the housework yesterday, so I really only have minimal tidying to do. :) An afternoon in front of the TV - yay! I also started playing The Sims 3 again yesterday, so I might get on that if I have time. :)

I I forgot I ordered a farm salad box lol just pulled up on driveway and massive box on drive. Opps.
Get well soon ap.

Whisper :hugs: Why is ben against moving to the UK?

We had a better night last night :happydance: Bedtime bottle at 10.30pm and then he woke up at 2am and then 5.30am so this is miles miles miles better for us! I made some changes last night though and would be interested to know what everyone else does:

* Where does your baby sleep? (Moses, crib, cot, co-sleep etc etc)
* If they seem 'awake', do you sit up with them and try and get them back to sleep or do you leave them on their own so they can self settle and go back to sleep in their own time?

Sorry for all of the questions :lol: Just very interested to see how others approach night time feeding and sleeping!

Last night I had Jack in his moses instead of his crib and he slept the whole night in his moses. Ususally, he gets to around 1ish and will become unsettled so I co-sleep for the rest if the night but last night he was fine for the entire night.
Also, I started him on gaviscon on sunday and now it has had a chance to start working properly, he was only sick once in the night which helped cut down feeding times dramatically last night. Plus I wasnt having to get up every two minutes to pick him up when he was choking on sick :dohh:

Xxx

Blake sleeps in his crib in his own room.
Yes, we change him before every feed.
If he's not upset, I let him self-settle and go to sleep.
With Blake's acid reflux, he can't lay down right after a feed. We try to get a good burp from him, them hold him more upright for about 15-30 min before putting him down. If he's still clearing his throat or looking upset, though, well hold him a bit longer. Usually Big yawn means hes ready and no more puking.

How the peds trip goes ok hun. I have a very exciting day planned :happydance: Lily and Jack are at school/nursery all day so OH is watching Connor and I'm going for a day out to the shops- all on my lonesome! I'll probably be back after a few hours but even thats going to be amazing

Have a fun day, Embo! Sounds great!

Appointment was fantastic MF, Im not going mad, they took me really seriously and are sorting a few things before they want to see him again when he turns two where they will hopefully be testing him properly! It all just depends how he gets on in the mean time, but Im very glad I went.

Glad your appt went well, Smiley!

My big guy is ready for next size in clothes, 3 mo. Glad he's growing so well, but sad to put his newborn clothes away. Uh oh, Just had a spit up, time to change him again.

AP, hope you're feeling better soon. Sorry for you and Elodie, good your dh can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->