Baby Bugs Due February 2013

knew i was bad at ths mummy buisness, hubbys just had a major go at me for giving lena a teething ring saying i could kill her as i forgot to sterilise it and put it AND i put it in the fridge he says its full of bacteria in there and that if she catches anything she will die:cry: i didnt think i just wanted her to stop crying he said that if i droped her from a high hight it would be better im such a shit mum:cry:

Oh sorry whisper but that is a bit harsh from your hubby to say that :nope:

https://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/germs-and-babies.aspx#

Read this link and make your hubby read it too.... You do not need to worry about not sterilising it.. it is best OFCOURSE but babye won't "die"... What a thing to say to a new mum....

You are an amazing mum whisper don't let even your own daughter tell you otherwise.. :hugs:
hes appologised now said he was just worried about her but i still feel like if shes gets ill it will be my fault, have just put 2 dummys in the freezer with lids on them so they stay clean

Period pains are killing me but still no show? I'm gearing myself up for 30 day shred.
So do you have to get your botty out to get the cream? Lol x

I haven't managed to get appointment with GP to discuss bum matters yet so taken matters into my own hand. Tbh I was weary of telling GP I saw the other day because he was young, and cute, and lives on my road :blush:

:lol: poo pains :haha: what does the cream actually do hun? x does it numb it? x

It has lidocaine in to numb itching (I don't itch though) so guess it numbs it a bit. Think the main thing is that it helps shrink them. I only used it twice. I keep forgetting it. Baby brain!! I do remember when it comes time to poop though :haha:

knew i was bad at ths mummy buisness, hubbys just had a major go at me for giving lena a teething ring saying i could kill her as i forgot to sterilise it and put it AND i put it in the fridge he says its full of bacteria in there and that if she catches anything she will die:cry: i didnt think i just wanted her to stop crying he said that if i droped her from a high hight it would be better im such a shit mum:cry:

:hugs:whisper:hugs: I find this sterilising thing confusing. I sterilise the cups to mix gaviscon in but not sure i dry/ store them right. All we can do is our best and sometimes we miss things/ make errors. I guess being a mum is just doing your best. :hugs:

Read this link and make your hubby read it too.... You do not need to worry about not sterilising it.. it is best OFCOURSE but babye won't "die"... What a thing to say to a new mum....

You are an amazing mum whisper don't let even your own daughter tell you otherwise.. :hugs:
hes appologised now said he was just worried about her but i still feel like if shes gets ill it will be my fault, have just put 2 dummys in the freezer with lids on them so they stay clean

It won't be your fault huny, you do the best that you can, we all do! Life doesn't bring on anything we can't handle trust me.. it's hard and I am always second guessing myself when it comes to sterilising and cleaning.. I mean it is a whole life in our hands! :hugs: Don't be so hard on yourself!

It won't be your fault huny, you do the best that you can, we all do! Life doesn't bring on anything we can't handle trust me.. it's hard and I am always second guessing myself when it comes to sterilising and cleaning.. I mean it is a whole life in our hands! :hugs: Don't be so hard on yourself!
thanks hun i think shes finally fallen asleep dunno how long for , so scared to go sleep myself as know the min i lay down she will wake screaming again teething is horrid at least it explains the nappies, drooling, fussyness, and everything else this week

i forgot to say anyone got baby brain? i went out with mil earlyer and ben stayed home and cooked dinner he called me just before we came home asking me where i had put the maggi fix mix as he had looked all over the kithchen and flat and couldnt find it anywhere :shrug: ...id put it in the fridge:wacko:

Ha ha whisper- I've been like that all day. Keep going blank and forgetting what I'm doing! Just keep doing your best. Xx

Whisper I can't actually believe he compared giving your baby a unsteralised teething ring to dropping her from a great height :wacko:

You are a fantastic Mum :hugs:

:( whisper. What about babies like jade who get germs from older kids. If I ask them to pasd me dummy you can guarantee they touch the teet!!
Also, I am only anal about sterilisation of bottles due to milk. I dont worry to much about dummy's. Shes had ones that ive dropped on sofa etc third baby syndrome lol massive hugs hun xx

Whisper, wtf?! Im gonna say it, he is being a right dick head. Why is he being so over the top? Sterilising a teething ring is not the end of the world and certainly shouldnt be compared to dropping your baby :nope:

I dont really sterilise dummies, just a quick wipe lol.

Becca i cant believe they are trying to make you wait a week for anti bi's anyway, ring and ask for the doc to do prescription and pick it up from the desk.

We had a good night jack only woke twice! Once at 1am amd once at 4am! Woo!

Luckyno3. Hope the colic settles, it's horrible feeling helpless in those situations. My boy is laminitic so has had a grazing muzzle on and has obviously been determined to get it off as he rubbed a huge sore under his chin :( I feel awful but at least it's an area that stays relatively clean.

I much more relaxed about sterilising, just do bottle mainly, will chuck dummies in if I remember. I wouldn't worry Whisper! I think in the US, they only sterilise on first use?

Morning! Happy Good Friday, girlies!

Harry was really sicky after every feed in the night. Plus, it feels like I had a long night because we all went to bed at 9:30pm! I was sooo tired. Still knackered, but I must get moving soon because my in-laws are coming to visit for lunch.

Wow, Lena's teething already? That's early isn't it? Hun, you're not a crap mum at all - it's so hard to know what's 'right' etc, and you won't always agree with your OH about everything. What he said was really harsh. :( :hugs:

Whisper have you tried a amber necklace or anklet? I've ordered Connor one already, they have a natural healing property which helps with pain :hugs:

I don't really steralise dummies that much :lol: I do the bottles obviously but the kids are always around kissing and I bet he gets shed loads of germs. He's had a horrible cold recently but he's fighting it off really well, better than me infact as I'm still struggling with it :(

Anyone have any nice plans for good friday? x

Aw Whisper, you're a great mum :hugs:. Lets put it this way, Lily gets licked by my dog a lot! Germs galore!

Hope you're all okay.
xoxox

Jack needs to go onto 5oz now I think, he is draining 4oz and still wants more.

Happy one month to Jack :happydance:

Massive hugs whisper. Ignore him hun, it's not going to kill her :hugs:

When Bethany was little and just starting to move around the floor a little I caught her licking the wheel of her buggy :sick: they put disgusting stuff in their mouths as they get older, your OH needs to relax a bit :hugs:

thanks ladies hes appologise this morning again said he was just worried about her hes a health worryer has been since his dad died , she didint go to to sleep until 4 am and woke at 6 wanting fed drank half then screamed and woud rather chew my knuckle has now just woken up for the day but a grumpy tired girl so i am mumby the morning

Smiley! Think we need to do the same with Lily, fatties!
xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->