Baby Bugs Due February 2013

So Ruby went to sleep after 10 mins of light moaning, so here's hopin for a good part of the night. I feel a bit lost not having a baby here. 8pm is the earliest and not in my view.

Hope your Los go down well too xx

No he isnt in his wonder week :shrug: He is asleep in his swinging chair at the mo so Im going to leave him in there for a good while and then take him up to bed at 10ish and give him a dreamfeed (if he doesnt wake before then).

Well done, Ruby!! Enjoy your evening now Jem!

Yes, we've been letting him cry it out a bit for a little while now, especially on occasions when he turns into crazy baby in the evening. Its the resort after no holding, rocking, feeding, binky, shushing, absolutely nothing works. I find if he just gets it out of his system for a few minutes in a safe place he's much more receptive to consoling.

Plus, I can only take so much before it gets to be too much for me - I hit my limit after he's been red zone crying for about 30 minutes straight. :wacko:

I also let him fuss a bit before he wakes up as sometimes I get him up and change him too fast hoping he'll go back to sleep easier, only to find out he was fussing to work out a poo. :dohh: When you cloth diaper this is much more troublesome than with disposables LOL...

I also feel terrible but sometimes I have to participate in work conference calls and I have to let him fuss in another room while I am on the phone - I check in on him but there isn't much I can do. I have to have my job to support us and tbh, I think some fussing is probably better than being with strangers all day at daycare...sigh

Evening

Jem what I would give for a child free evening :haha:

Well had visit from hv today and she has confused me. She asked about feeding I said she was feeding 5oz every 3 hours in day and 5-6 in night. Then she weighed phoebe and said that she should be eating more for her weight which is 11lb. Now I'm baffled? Thought what phoebe was eating was a lot already. Then added I should be changing teet to next stage and that might help,but I tried last week and she couldnt cope with flow. Bloody irritating hv :nope:

Evening

Jem what I would give for a child free evening :haha:

Well had visit from hv today and she has confused me. She asked about feeding I said she was feeding 5oz every 3 hours in day and 5-6 in night. Then she weighed phoebe and said that she should be eating more for her weight which is 11lb. Now I'm baffled? Thought what phoebe was eating was a lot already. Then added I should be changing teet to next stage and that might help,but I tried last week and she couldnt cope with flow. Bloody irritating hv :nope:

Our standard in the states for proper weight gain is an ounce a day...is she gaining that much or more? If so I wouldn't change a thing...

Id ignore hv lol. I have no idea what Jade drinks in day and bit had her weighed in 3weeks lol imo if baby is happy enough then carry on as you are. Sounds fine to me.

JAde went down at 7:45. I put her upstairs now so I can totally be without kids for a bit lol x

Ignore the hv, surely babies like adults gain different amounts of weight from the same amount of milk - like adults with different metabolisms?

Well, AF has arrived :( Felt it coming for days! Damn, I was hoping I could get away with it for a few more weeks yet. Oh well. Does anyone know, can we use tampons now? Or do we still have to use pads? My postpartum bleed stopped about 2-3 weeks ago?

Thanks ladies, it works out to over an oz a day! Going to just bumble along in my little world I thought she was eating fine just takes one person to make you doubt yourself though. :winkwink:

Another question is anyone giving water? When other two children were babies it was advised to give but now not advised. No problems with constipation here so just following advice, I knew breast fed babies didn't need but not ff babies.

Totally ignore lucky! when I asked hv two week ago about Ruby only drinking 3oz she waid don't go by the tin, it's by the individual baby! Assuming Pheobe is gaining it's fine.

Well done Jade.

Just ordered Isla's birthday presents, she is four next month, wowzers!
DH is on his computer and I'm bored so I'm in bed catching some sleep.
Night all, babies be good for us mummies xx

I've given water to top up if she is still hungry, but that's justice odd occasion. Should I give her water everyday? All i kno is they say water for constipation..

Smiley my af arrived sat- 8 weeks after Ruby. I'm using tampons and they felt uncomfortable but today it's fine. Tmi, I'm super heavy and bad af pains. So just warned (I never suffer with pain, must be coz it's been so long)

I know my little sister never took more than 4oz at a time, she grew up fine!

I dont give water, but I would if he was constipated or if he was poorly (to keep up his hydration)

Thanks Jem, Ive gone for a tampon :thumbup: No discomfort whatsoever so it should be fine. AF pains are starting now, hope they dont keep me awake :( I always have heavy and painful periods so Im hoping this wont be too extreme!

Hi ladies never heard of giving babies tea!

I agree, if baby is happy and gaining weight ok feeding must be fine!

Is first AF really bad? I'm bf so no sign yet. How long is it if bf?

Has anybody got post injection calpol for 8 week injections ? Does the pharmacist give this or do you need a prescription ?

Hugs and love xx

Am I the only one still having PP bleeding? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"