Baby Bugs Due February 2013

I dont mind being so far away from everyone. People are a pain in the rear end, and I love that we were able to just plod along after emily was born with no visiters. But on the other hand, i been feeling really emotional lately, up and down mood swings, more down that up. Could've really have done with some hugs or a shoulder to cry on from my sister or friends. I hope I'm not heading towards pnd!! Is it my hormones going back to normal??

As for sex, right now there is no chance of that. Thankfully I'm not interested. But contraception, I am planning on having a good long chat about my options with my gp in a few weeks, as I dont want another baby for a couple of years!!!

On the up side, my OH has spent all day clearing up the yard, as it was full of sacks of rubble and all kinds of crap. Now I can at least get out there and let Alfie run around outside!!!

Rota, hope things are ok!! :hugs:

:hugs: Whisper, sorry you're having a hard time missing your family, I find it hard missing my mum when Ruaridh gives me a hard time and she's only 6 miles away!

Out of curiosity, what is everyone actually DOING with their babies?? Ru is 3 weeks old now and is starting to be more awake but still sleeps loads between feeds/changes and I haven't the first idea about how you're meant to have a "bedtime" for newborns etc.

Had to do my second trip to the pharmacy for him today too to pick up Nystatin mouth drops for mouth thrush, so now he's to take that 4x a day, get cream applied for his bum thrush twice a day and have Infacol before every feed to help him give up his wind. I'm just glad his gunky eye cleared up so he didn't have to get eye drops too... :dohh:

:hugs: Whisper, sorry you're having a hard time missing your family, I find it hard missing my mum when Ruaridh gives me a hard time and she's only 6 miles away!

Out of curiosity, what is everyone actually DOING with their babies?? Ru is 3 weeks old now and is starting to be more awake but still sleeps loads between feeds/changes and I haven't the first idea about how you're meant to have a "bedtime" for newborns etc.

Had to do my second trip to the pharmacy for him today too to pick up Nystatin mouth drops for mouth thrush, so now he's to take that 4x a day, get cream applied for his bum thrush twice a day and have Infacol before every feed to help him give up his wind. I'm just glad his gunky eye cleared up so he didn't have to get eye drops too... :dohh:

Daniel gets infacol too, he had a gunky eye for the first few weeks- apparently it is caused by blocked tear ducts.

He is nearly 7 weeks and tends to have 2 good naps every day- he dozes lots of other times but quite often he sits in his bouncer chair and I carry it round to whatever room I am working in and talk to him the whole time. He has started smiling loads too so it is nice to see him respond when I speak to him.

He goes to bed at the same time as us, his last feed is normally about 11pm and then we take him up with us. I'm going to put him into his own room in about 6 weeks though because our alarm wakensn him in the mornings plus he will have outgrown his Moses basket by then and there is no room in our bedroom for a cot- I have an angelcare movement sensor mat to put in his cot when he goes in there just for my piece of mind.

We got infant gaviscon today from gp as Jude is sick a lot. Hope it helps him. We had been using infacol too but didn't see much improvement.

My DS had the gaviscon for a bit Nix, it's good stuff. Hope it works for you.

As for routine Ruby has to fit in with my girls... So bedtime I give her a bath at 6ish and hopefully I've worked her bottles out and she will need one around 7ish.
Ruby stays downstairs with us until we go up but she is only 9 days old.

My first girlie put herself into a routine- she got tired at 8pm and begun sleeping through the night at 8 weeks but my second took longer and didn't move her bedtime to 7ish until she was 12 weeks old. (there all different, what works for one may not work with the other)

So during the day Ruby sleep in her bouncer and she follows me around the house. Once her sleeps are a bit more established I will put her to sleep in her Moses during the day.

I also have one of those sensory mats, that's the main reason I make her follow me about the house, I want to see her breathing as I'm a bit paranoid.
I also talk to her all the time and she has her sisters who are still all over her :)

Same as Jem as in Jade has to fit in with us. I have not bathed her yet though, shes quite dry so tried to hold off atm.

I keep Jade down untill we go up. Most of the time about 12am although sometimes I sleep on sofa lol

I put her in bouncer, pram, or basket during the day but still pretty much with me 24/7 x

I have started to put Daniels Moses basket in the cot during the day when he has a nap. I just put the monitor on so that I can hear any noises that he makes.

I talk a load of crap to him during the day- thank goodness that he can't tell anyone what I'm saying to him!

Thomas doesn't seem to settle during the day in his bouncer or crib. He cries and I try walking with him, rocking him etc bi would love him to settle in his bouncer and just chill, not even sleep. I just don't know how to get him to do that.

Girls, I'm so down. Harry has hardly fed all day, and was working himself into a frenzy. My milk came in yesterday and they became really engorged this afternoon because they weren't being used. I keeps trying him, but I think they were too hard for him. I had to pump/hand express some and am just finishing him with the bottle of it.

I feel so guilty. :cry: :cry:

Midwife is coming tomorrow. I'm hoping tomorrow will be happier. :(

Girls, I'm so down. Harry has hardly fed all day, and was working himself into a frenzy. My milk came in yesterday and they became really engorged this afternoon because they weren't being used. I keeps trying him, but I think they were too hard for him. I had to pump/hand express some and am just finishing him with the bottle of it.

I feel so guilty. :cry: :cry:

Midwife is coming tomorrow. I'm hoping tomorrow will be happier. :(

Don't beat yourself up about it. You are doing your best for him.

I wanted to breastfeed but I didnt get the chance with him being in neonatal, I expressed for the first while and then he got it mixed with formula in a bottle as i couldnt express full feeds for him and he was too tired to suckle with being in the incubator.

I am glad now that I am bottle feeding him as I know exactly what he is taking and he is feeding so frequently that I could never have kept up with him- he feeds every 2.5 hours during the day.

Hopefully the midwife will help you tomorrow :hugs:

Lena is usually in her Moses in the day or asleep on one of us and at night me and her sleep in here as Ben doesn't wake up easy lol put her in her bouncer today for the first time and she just fell asleep:haha:
Been talking to my mum and dads been kept in till weds at least he's got fluid on the lung and a chest infection and they have found one side of his heart is beating to fast so he has t have a ct scan tomorrow and then they may shock it back to rythem and then. 6 weeks of warfarin :nope: really annoyed he's been back and forth to the docs since October with this and only now has it been picked up:growlmad::growlmad:, he's been doing the proud grandad thing and showing Lenas pictured to everyone possible:cloud9:

Yea bex, It must be the day four blues? I can't offer advice in bf as I'm bottle feeding. It sounds like your doing a fab Job though.
Hopefully your midwife can offer advice tomoz.

Whisper I hope your Dad Is on the mend.

I've got the health visitor coming tomoz, I'm assuming she is going
To weigh Ruby? She dad every two hours last night so I'm behind for a better night.

Midnight has Jades chord fallen off yet? Rubys has but she has been left with this big scab inside her belly button and with the girls there just come clean away. But I think Ribys looks sore, I have to fold the nappy down or it makes her scab bleed.

Midnight has Jades chord fallen off yet? Rubys has but she has been left with this big scab inside her belly button and with the girls there just come clean away. But I think Ribys looks sore, I have to fold the nappy down or it makes her scab bleed.

Lenas chord was like that midwife said to just be carefull with it and try to clean it a little, the scab fell off the other night when I was changing her now looks normal, before that we kept finding blood on her nappy and clothes

Olivers cord fell of on friday and left a scab which was bleeding onto vests. We kept nappies folded down under it and the scab came of earlier and it seems fine now and no more bloody vests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->