Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Hi Ladies!!

Hope everyone is well and adjusting :):flower:

Whitten is doing well - he went from 8lbs 12oz birth weight to 8lbs 5oz when we left and had gained 3oz at his check up today :) Relieved as he's decided he only likes the left breast so will generally only nurse there - I was worried he wasn't putting on enough weight so that's a relief.

MrsS, hang in there! I was so frustrated with getting him to latch to my right - my nipple is a little flat there and he has trouble. I found pumping a little to perk it up and then put him on helps, but mostly I just store what I pump there since he seems satisfied from the one! Have you tried different holds? Seeking lactation help?:hugs:

We didn't get his third hearing test today - dr wanted to wait another couple of weeks. Little jaundice but nothing to treat.

Perfect baby other than crying when he wants food, diaper or is cold :) :cloud9:

I didn't really love my ped today - I think I am going to shop for another one - the dang office left me waiting for over an hour with a newborn!!! :growlmad:

Still has his cord. Looks like it will go in a day or two. Just using a bit of alcohol on it.

He's sleeping in a bassinet or swing during the day and a napper attachment on the pack and play at night. Working well so far!

Whisper, hoping your dad improves!

Lindy, is he gassy? hugs - I know that's frustrating:hugs:

Jade still has the cord atm but it looks very dry now hopefully it comes off soon! My other kids are scared of it ha ha

LO has been super sleepy today. My milk is in full force but I got enforced an started leaking because LO is out cold and only eats for a little while now compared to non stop eating for her first three days. I did get her to feed and she managed to eid me of all fullness, plus she has had really great full diapers all day. I'm super worried again even though we just seen the nurse this morning who said her jaundice readings were good despite her yellow eyes and skin. I'm worried and I can't sleep, I can't shake the feeling like something is wrong ugh, I hope I'm worried for nothing. My SIL says to try not to pay so much attention to the nurse and more so to the jaundice meter readings so here's hoping!

Yes, proper day 4 blues girls! Thank god that day is over!

However, over night I massaged and hand expressed before each feed, and - it took time - but 3 times he got 10 mins of feed straight from the boob! I felt very victorious. Though now, I think I've got mastitis in my right one - it's red and I had a temperature last night. :(

Also, Harry's cord came off last night. I think, because he's so little, and therefore it was going in his nappy, he squirmed and it came free. I'll see what the midwife says.

Thomas cord fell off after 5 days. He has a little red patch but it doesn't seem to bother him. I love him so much but when he cries and I don't know what to do ( clean bum/fed/ holding him) I feel so crap and like I'm letting him down. I feel just like a milk machine at the moment and not like a mum. Maybe it's delayed baby blues for me :(

Thomas cord fell off after 5 days. He has a little red patch but it doesn't seem to bother him. I love him so much but when he cries and I don't know what to do ( clean bum/fed/ holding him) I feel so crap and like I'm letting him down. I feel just like a milk machine at the moment and not like a mum. Maybe it's delayed baby blues for me :(

Hun it is hard as they are soooo needy. All I do is hold/feed/change her. Things will settle xxx

Hi Ladies!!

Hope everyone is well and adjusting :):flower:

Whitten is doing well - he went from 8lbs 12oz birth weight to 8lbs 5oz when we left and had gained 3oz at his check up today :) Relieved as he's decided he only likes the left breast so will generally only nurse there - I was worried he wasn't putting on enough weight so that's a relief.

MrsS, hang in there! I was so frustrated with getting him to latch to my right - my nipple is a little flat there and he has trouble. I found pumping a little to perk it up and then put him on helps, but mostly I just store what I pump there since he seems satisfied from the one! Have you tried different holds? Seeking lactation help?:hugs:

We didn't get his third hearing test today - dr wanted to wait another couple of weeks. Little jaundice but nothing to treat.

Perfect baby other than crying when he wants food, diaper or is cold :) :cloud9:

I didn't really love my ped today - I think I am going to shop for another one - the dang office left me waiting for over an hour with a newborn!!! :growlmad:

Still has his cord. Looks like it will go in a day or two. Just using a bit of alcohol on it.

He's sleeping in a bassinet or swing during the day and a napper attachment on the pack and play at night. Working well so far!

Whisper, hoping your dad improves!

Lindy, is he gassy? hugs - I know that's frustrating:hugs:

I think he is gassy- he trumps a lot when getting fed. Told mw and she said that's normal for bf babies and they don't really need winding. Just feed then put in crib of a night. I do try and wind him though- often he does burp.

MrsS, is there any BF clinics or anything you could attend? Try looking at Le Leche League website for local support? bF'ing is bloody difficult, please don't beat yourself up. The other thing is trying different holds, trial and error I guess but I know a few of my friends have done better with the 'rugby hold'. Insist that your MW shows you and offers you some help and suggestions. Good for you for sticking with it xxx

Thank you girls. We had a really good night actually, and he had some good feeds from the boob. Feeling MUCH happier today. :D

Im on my own today with all 3kids. 1s got lurgy too lol. Managed a walk to shops and made sure I had enough bottles made lol and breatheeee

Well done Harrison!

Ive had all three this afternoon, I put them in that garden.
I'm dreading the school run next week.

Just gone to use the kettle for dinner and the lid fell off! Thankgoodness I've just made the bottles! Shaun has had to run to the shop and buy one.

Oh no jem!!! I am just waiting for powercut lol we get loads.

Also dreading school run!!

Harry has only lost 4ozs since birth! I was so anxious about getting him weighed today, but I needn't have worried! And that also proves he's feeding well for him. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->