Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Harry watches TV all the time! He likes the light. He actually smiled watching Jeremy Kyle once (before he'd smiled at me properly!). Maybe I watch too much Jezza? :rofl:

Jade watches tv loads. Especially in half term as tv is on! She is currently on her changing mat watching how to train s dragon!

Harry watches TV all the time! He likes the light. He actually smiled watching Jeremy Kyle once (before he'd smiled at me properly!). Maybe I watch too much Jezza? :rofl:
i got told off for putting on in the night garden to keep her still while i was feeding her said that no parents here let there kids watch tv unless they are chavy i said kids in the uk watch tv all the time "yeh if we want them to have bad development and language skills" yet its me with her all day all night long sometimes the tv is all that calms her, hes read too much on line once again
about it so it must be tru becoase some profeesor or somesorts has said so:dohh:

Hehe, my two year old watches plenty of tv and she never shuts up! She can sing the entire theme tune to Mr Tumble!

I say it is like anything - there is watching tv and watching tv. Sometimes Ivy just needs to be entertained whilst I am busy but other times we sit together and we talk about the program that is on etc. Lots of programs for kids are really good now. I still read her books and talk to her all the time and I think that is what helps language.

Personally at the babies age I think the bright colours and moving images help their developement!

Ivy used to smile at Noel Edmonds because I had a deal or no deal obsession :blush:

Haha, Bex, same. When she wakes at 3am I coo over her. Liam grunts and rolls over, bloody men. :haha:
xoxox

Oh no :( tell him not to believe all online. My daughter watchef loads of tv anf she was talking perfectly at 17mths and does not bloody stop lol!
Sometimes you need to do what you got to do. Your her mum so you havr a say too.
Watching tv for 5mins wont harm.

Xx

i think he goes by my "friends" kids too she used to just strap them in the buggy infront of the tv and at the age of 5 the oldest still can not speak properly as all he was watching was baby programmes, im not gonna stop her watching but can see alot of arguments about how to raise her coming up

Oh no :( tell him not to believe all online. My daughter watchef loads of tv anf she was talking perfectly at 17mths and does not bloody stop lol!
Sometimes you need to do what you got to do. Your her mum so you havr a say too.
Watching tv for 5mins wont harm.

Xx

:haha: ive tried trust me but every thing i say gets backed up by him googling the anwser :haha:

Wait until she is 2 and terrorising him, he will loooooooooooove the TV then!

I would say that someone who is strapping their child into a buggy at the age of 5 to watch TV probably isn't doing other things most normal parents do that naturally develop language, that is probaby more the problem than the TV.

Wait until she is 2 and terrorising him, he will loooooooooooove the TV then!

I would say that someone who is strapping their child into a buggy at the age of 5 to watch TV probably isn't doing other things most normal parents do that naturally develop language, that is probaby more the problem than the TV.

no she smoked week etc while pregnant too she wasnt the best mother the buggy was always the weapon buggy or carseat and a dummy shoved in his mouth to keep him quiet

My older 2 watch a lot of TV/films. More than I am happy with right now TBH, but it is very handy when I am feeding Sophie or cooking, they take advantage of me being busy and go wild, TV is the lesser evil :haha:

Sophie isn't interested in TV, she won't pay any attention to it at all.

when shes playing up the worst i just put this on and she stops straight away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC_hF31z130

I have never stopped Oscar watching tv! He has cbeebies on from 6am till 7pm :haha: I have recently started turning it off for a few hours in the day though so we can do activities together. He never really watches the tele unless there is one of his faves on. Usually it is just background noise!

Strapping a 5yr old jnto a buggy in front of the tv? :nope:

Our TV is on all day just for background noise, though I do like The Chase on ITV at 5pm. :p

Ivy is the same - she only really likes the programs with'real' people. Like Mr Tumble, Ballamory etc.

Oscars favourites are ITNG, Show Me Show Me, Postman Pat, Timmy Time and Mr Tumble! Hes partial to a bit of Baby Jake too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->