Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Do any of you have 'silly names' for your babies/children?

My first is Isla 'pops' (coz she popped alot as a baby)
Demi 'doodles'
And Ruby has lots.
Ruby dubes
Scooby Rubes
Ruby roo.

Lol x

Rachael=sprog, woodles
Mei=bug
Bug has this cute sleepsuit from primark which has ladybugs on :) gonna buy one in a bigger size as i love it so much.

when shes playing up the worst i just put this on and she stops straight away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC_hF31z130
arghhhhhhh Rach was singing that for the first week of the holidays,drove me nuts.

HV just been, bug is 10.2lb now, gained over a pound in 2 weeks :thumbup: i had forgotten about her coming to be honest but she came on the only day i havent hoovered, the collie is shedding like mad and we have to hoover twice a day at the moment, im in tatty tracky bottoms and a t shirt that has seen better days, bug is still in her sleepsuit from yesterday:blush: shoot me now. plus she had a follower so two people have seen the above:dohh:

but they both loved the fabric nappy and reusable wipes :thumbup:

I didnt know that about Po!

Mine mostly watch films, current faves are: wreck it Ralph, Lion King, how to train a dragon and the hobbit!

Yeah I knew that! MIL told me ages ago! You can't half tell, she's a right short arse :haha: Oscar watches Show Me Show Me a lot, we have about five or six episodes recorded and as soon as I put it on he goes very quiet and just stands watching it! He loves it because it has lots of music and singing!

Matthew slyly watches peppa pig! Sorry ive not replied to email yet lou. Promise I will, jst want to do a decent reply!

Going to have to put jade in cot as she rolls in the moses!

i said to ben im not gonna stop her watching tv and he said he will, i said yoiur not with her most the day his reply "well il make sure shes not watching its not good for her until shes at least 1" and pasted me this link on fb
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2054950/Passive-TV-watching-harm-babies-speech.html

Blimey my Lily is nearly 5 and theres no way physically possible I could strap her in a buggy :lol:

The main problem with TV is dumping them in front of it and never interacting with them, as long as you are still talking and playing while it's on then it's not a problem, the TV can be a brilliant educational tool :D

Mf did I follow correctly Jade is rolling in her Moses?

Didn't kno that about Po.

Mr tumble worked with my girls aunty (mil sister) years ago in a music studio.

Ruby is demanding today, trying to clean.
I'm house bound coz the wipers have broken and as it's raining I can't get it to the garage.

My hv never visits my house, I'd be mortified. Lol

The main problem with TV is dumping them in front of it and never interacting with them, as long as you are still talking and playing while it's on then it's not a problem, the TV can be a brilliant educational tool :D
im to make sur she doesnt watch

My hv never visits my house, I'd be mortified. Lol

She was really good about it and said 'its the easter holidays, you have a little one and a bit of dog hair isnt going to harm anyone'

I love 'i can cook' and Mr Tumble, Rachael used to watch that when she was little and still remembers some of the signs.

Rota, I don't change jade every morning unless sleep suit is dirty or wet! Dont worry!

Jem...she keeps rolling into the sides and pushing her nose against the side which worries me! So into cot.

WHisper, is he being serious. Id laugh in my oh's face if he said I couldn't do something with my own child. :(

anyone elses hubby really bad about not letting your baby watch any tv? hes told me she shouldnt se any tv until at least 2 years old and even then only 5 mins a day as its bad for the speach and development

All my kids watched tv, and my eldest had a vocabulary of 150 words at age 15 months and will graduate college with a double major in May. DS 6 speaks wonderfully (doesn't stop asking questions, and is a wealth of information)and lived in front of the tv in my grandmother's tiny apartment for 4 years while I was at work. As long as you are speaking to your LO and interacting often a little tv won't harm. I always talked to my kids and sang around them as babies and toddlers so they were all little chatter boxes who are all now into music and/or singing, lol.

As for baby knicknames, we have Annie-bananny here :)

Same here, MF! I'm super defensive with him when it comes to Lily, as I know I know more about babies then he does.

Hope you're all okay.
xoxox

MF, Jack keeps rolling into the side of the swinging crib! He has his face right up against the bumper, but if I didn't have a bumper his poor face would bang on the wooden bars! I want to move him to his cot soon too. Moved Osc at 8 weeks. And dont worry about the email :)

We have tv on as background noise a lot, too. Or music. Need to find some of our older CDs to give Blake more variety. I listen and sing along to pop/club type music with a good beat while exercising. I laugh with my mom that the lyrics are not age appropriate for Blake! :haha:

Wanted to share a tip for cradle cap - coconut oil. We've only been using it for a couple days and what an improvement! It was getting so gross and scaly, rubbing on the coconut oil has really helped and quickly. Blake seems to enjoy the head massage and the scent, he smells like a little macaroon cookie. Making me want to bake something fattening today. Lol

Nicknames - I call him Blakey, dh doesn't like it, tough i say, he's my little Blakey while he's a baby. Sometimes i use little bunny or hungry bunny. We also use silly ones like Bratface, Fungus head, and now Coconut head or Cocohead. :haha:

Rota, I don't change jade every morning unless sleep suit is dirty or wet! Dont worry!

Jem...she keeps rolling into the sides and pushing her nose against the side which worries me! So into cot.

WHisper, is he being serious. Id laugh in my oh's face if he said I couldn't do something with my own child. :(

yeh hes seriouse :nope:

Hi PM!:flower:

no i was a big brave girl and got a cup and a piece of paper and caught it went to throw it out the bathroom window then droped it so its somewhere in my bathroom or hallway now:shrug:

I would have burned the house down to kill it.:haha:

Hehe! It will be, Sasha. I'm glad I took Harry's nappy off in the middle if his poo-splosion yesterday, so I could just wipe as it came!!

Day 2 of 2 of DH's days off. It's so nice to have an extra pair of hands to help all day, though his patience with Harry is non-existent!

This is so my husband - night before last he was changing him (which takes all of 45 seconds unless there's poos let's be honest so his job at night is WAY less demanding than me nursing and getting back to sleep) and he got frustrated putting on the diaper and took too long so of course, he pees all over, and then he just throws the diaper up in the air and starts to walk off. UGHHHHHHHH

He also does the 5 min of crying "what's wrong with you" . His solution is always back to me as "he's hungry" -:growlmad:

And last night it was bath night and he tried to push it off as "he just wanted to relax" UM WTF, I just want to relax after taking care of him all day by myself and working a full time job at the same time, and going to get the take out! ASS!!:growlmad: I did bath by myself anyways and he went straight to sleep after eating so it worked out. I didn't wake him to change the diaper as I just didn't want to deal with his grumpy ass. Men suck.

Elodie is going 48 hours between poos and they are all up the back, up on her tummy and out the legs.

I am scared of leaving the house when one is due! Also her clothes are getting stained. Best tips for getting poo stains out?

Cloth nappies getting strip washed this weekend, they contain poo much better!

This is true! The disposables leaked way worse! I use a bit of All Free and Clear (detergent) and warm water to prewash before I wash it. I rub the detergent right into the stain. Got to do it right away though which is a pain...Might also try salt. I've read it helps get out a lot of stains from things like carpet.

He doesn't watch TV but it's always on. Keeps him asleep as it covers up the dogs walking around or me doing work.

Rota, don't worry about the dogs - it's actually good as it helps them have less allergies as kids. Between that and bfing I think I'm raising a potential superhero:haha:

Well done on sleep last night babies!:happydance: We got a 6 and 4 too but the 4 took some work on my part. Had to put him in bed with us and keep shushing him as he fidgeted:wacko:

Hi pm.

Thanks for tip!! We have cradle cap here- girls didn't ever have it. Or thrush of the tongue, seems Ruby like having 'new' things to make me look stupid as I've no idea what to do?

TNT, my husband is the worst! If Ruby is crying I automatically take Ruby from him as I an literally see the heat from his body- he ant handle any children noise. Ha ha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->