Baby Bugs Due February 2013

The doctor assessed him, then we signed the consent form. He told us to wait in the ward, down the corridor but left his office door open! I could hear Harry screaming, and it made me cry, but as soon as he'd been cuddled and brought back to his little side room, he was fine. He's fed twice since, and it's still shallow, but I'll just try to persevere! :)

How awful for you!! Bless him. Maybe it's sore hence the latch not Being any better? X

He will improve hun, he is used to using his tongue a certain way. I found doing this helped after Sophie was snipped:

Before putting baby to the breast:
*Put gentle pressure on the middle third of his tongue by inserting a clean finger pad side down so that baby's tongue cups your finger. Note: Please assure that your fingernail is well trimmed beforehand.
*While baby is sucking on finger, use your other hand's index finger to put gentle pressure under the bony point of the baby's jaw. This will stabilize baby's tongue.
*Do this for less than a minute before putting baby to the breast.
*If this the exercise alone isn't helping, try the above while dripping milk into baby's mouth. This will encourage him to bring his tongue down and forward while sucking and swallowing.

Note that if your baby becomes upset during this exercise, or you're not seeing any improvement after a few days trying it, it's important to get help from someone who has experience in sucking problems.

https://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?53997-Suck-training-any-help-from-LLL-leaders

Think its 3 months isnt it? Or maybe its 2? I dunno I will have a look for you now, got some calpol in the kitchen x

Eta: its 2 months so she will be fine :D

Thanks hun. Did use it for others but forgot. Great to know its still ok. Poor jade I bet she will be all quiet and then get shock of her life :(

lena's jabs are the end of the month/ begining of next mth i think doc said will book them after her check up:shrug:
feeling very meh tonight and don't know why missing my mum i think just want a cuddle from her

I have had it all with Jack already (not vaccinations) because when he was born he had to have a few blood tests at 1 day old for his liver function and they kept repeatedly stabbing his foot with this white thing and he was screaming :( Then he had more tests at 3 days old for the same thing again but in the other foot. It was horrendous. Then obvs had his heel prick at 5 days but he didnt really flinch for that. Dreading the jabs at 8 weeks! Hope Jade copes okay with them. They get so sleepy after the jabs.

Sophie has her jabs soon too, I am dreading it.

Still waitingt for my GP to send me an appointment for the 6 week checkup. Idiots.

Jabs are sad :( 3 to go and that will be it for a long while!

Jades cradle cap stinks! Just read this can be common with oils so going to try dentinox tomorrow and ask at docs on Monday. It smells really sour even after a wash!

Jabs are sad :( 3 to go and that will be it for a long while!

Jades cradle cap stinks! Just read this can be common with oils so going to try dentinox tomorrow and ask at docs on Monday. It smells really sour even after a wash!

we tried all oils going mum sent some dentinox over used it yesterday and looks better already got to use it a few more ties then hopefuly it will bigger off she looks like a little pasta bake with cheese on top

We bought most of Bugs bits from the charity shop whilst I was pregnant. I mean 25p an item or 5for £1. Plus someone around here buys stuff from debenhams,next and lots of Disney bits. When we had sprog we bought brand new stuff and most of it ended up covered in orange stains at both ends and had to be chucked. We buy some bits new.

We bought most of Bugs bits from the charity shop whilst I was pregnant. I mean 25p an item or 5for £1. Plus someone around here buys stuff from debenhams,next and lots of Disney bits. When we had sprog we bought brand new stuff and most of it ended up covered in orange stains at both ends and had to be chucked. We buy some bits new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->