Baby Bugs Due February 2013

I'm Northamptonshire... I think I'm band snack in middle of England :) but it's shite round here haha!
Im in bedford and i agree. its all shite around here.

Ive got sun burn :growlmad: didnt think it was that warm on saturday when we walked to the retail park.

Went and gave my manager and occupational health notice that when i return to work in August i will be expressing milk. Occy health were great about, emailed my manager informing her of the updated policy and that i have to have a break every 4 hours and i have to go to maternity to express milk as they have a posh nursing room and a fridge.Spoke to my manager who laughed in my face and said "why would you be expressing when you return to work as baby will be 6 months. Give her formula,its better for her. You know you wont get your breaks"
Spoke to some of my colleagues and things are worse than ever on my ward. People are working 8 hour shifts and not even getting a tea break. 2 nurses on maternity leave, 2 have done internal transfers to other places, two new qualified nurses (one who is 10-12 weeks pregnant and doing hardly any work but dont get me started on that) and one support worker who is on admin duties due to a major fuck up.

Smiley- is that where the travel lodge is as well as macdonalds?

Lucky- dh used to live in Cannington. Love cheddar gorge - when the coaches aren't there.

We had been TTC since sept '10. Nothing happened so we got referred for tests, everything came back clear bit because of my age we were sent for ivf. Our first cycle got a BFP but I mc early on. I had looked after myself so well leading and through ivf (no chocolate, alcohol, caffeine etc) I thought bollocks and although I didn't go wild I did think bollocks to it. Went on holiday with mum just as 2nd go was due to start (dh was waiting to call the hospital to tell them it was my day 1) but AF didn't arrive. My boobs were so sore but I wouldn't t get my hopes up. Came home, tested and got a BFP!!!! Went for a scan on Father's Day and loads more to reassure us :)

i can still remember the pain every cycle stupidly long cycles at that of getting my hopes up for 3 n half years only for af to trick me and another forum friend to get a bfp instead of me, wasted so much money on things like soy, macca, agnus castus, cheepy preg tetst, ovulation tests, ovulation moniters but nothing came from them remember breaking down in tears 2 christmas's ago as oe of my friends got her 2nd bfp he wasnt even trying and then again a few mths b4 my bfp as i thought i just wasnt good enought to be a mum as yet another firned was on her 2nd, many times i sobbed my heart out when my sis got pregnant then felt so guilty after she miscarried each time 9 times in total then got my bfp last june wasnt able to beleive it had to shout ben to the loo asking me if it was real and i needed help off the toilet as was a shaking mess

I'm Northamptonshire... I think I'm band snack in middle of England :) but it's shite round here haha!
Im in bedford and i agree. its all shite around here.

Ive got sun burn :growlmad: didnt think it was that warm on saturday when we walked to the retail park.

Went and gave my manager and occupational health notice that when i return to work in August i will be expressing milk. Occy health were great about, emailed my manager informing her of the updated policy and that i have to have a break every 4 hours and i have to go to maternity to express milk as they have a posh nursing room and a fridge.Spoke to my manager who laughed in my face and said "why would you be expressing when you return to work as baby will be 6 months. Give her formula,its better for her. You know you wont get your breaks"
Spoke to some of my colleagues and things are worse than ever on my ward. People are working 8 hour shifts and not even getting a tea break. 2 nurses on maternity leave, 2 have done internal transfers to other places, two new qualified nurses (one who is 10-12 weeks pregnant and doing hardly any work but dont get me started on that) and one support worker who is on admin duties due to a major fuck up.
i went to college in bedford hated your bus station stupid pidgeons always pood on me:haha::haha: but still do like going shopping there when i get to the uk less crowded

Becca - Having kids saved me too, before I got pregnant with Dylan I was on self destruct mode. I look back now and have trouble associating those memories with me, my life is so different now!

The only thing I would change about now is Theo's reflux.

Rota, can't believe how rubbish your ward is!!!! X

Becca - Having kids saved me too, before I got pregnant with Dylan I was on self destruct mode. I look back now and have trouble associating those memories with me, my life is so different now!

It's scary how much they change your life.

I do look back now and think "Wtf was I doing?!"
xoxox

It's scary how much they change your life.

I do look back now and think "Wtf was I doing?!"
xoxox

When we got pregnant I was so ready to have someone other than myself to think about. Children defo put everything into perspective!

Being a mummy is the hardest and most rewarding job in the world :cloud9: I love it!

I am so glad Sophie is getting more interactive now, I find the sleepy (or not so sleepy in Sophie's case) newborn stage quite boring :haha:

I'll be completely honest here and I feel awful saying it but Connor was a huge shock- I really really struggled with having him. I was all booked in for an A but I cancelled it the day before :nope: I pretty much cried for weeks :cry: It was really only after I was told he might not make it that I started to feel a bond with him, sounds so awful but it's true- I never wanted 3! I was watching broadchurch last week and the vicar said something that made me smile 'God doesn't always send you want you want, but what you need' :cloud9: I really think I needed Connor :cloud9:

Speaking of sleepy babies, Lily is asleep on my legs, again. She seems to like mummy's legs :haha:
xoxox

i went to college in bedford hated your bus station stupid pidgeons always pood on me:haha::haha: but still do like going shopping there when i get to the uk less crowded

Nothing much has changed, bus station is still a dump, more pidgeons than ever, but less shops :(

Lindy, yeah it is kind of near the travel lodge!

Whisper, :hugs: Im so glad you got your Lena after sll them years. Your post made me feel sad x x x

Becca, Im glad Lily saved you lol. I dread to think where Id be if I hadnt gotten preg with Osc (he was a big big big surprise).

GF, really hope theo improves soon. There is just no way of knowing how long it will last!

Rota, make sure you get your breaks! Is there no way you could change wards? Uours sounds horrendous x

i struggle a bit with mummyhood lena comes first but always feel as if im doing something wrong

Aw Rota, that sucks! I actually hadn't thought about it, but I'll probably want to express too! Or I'll end up engorged and uncomfortable. Argh! I'm going back to work when Harry will be 6.5 months old.

We don't do long days on our ward, so at least I would go a maximum of 8 hours if I didn't, and Harry may well be on solids by then, so I might be able to get away with it if my supply decreases because of the solids. Hmm!

Em :hugs: I was the same with Osc. He was an accident, I had said I never wanted children at all. I didnt know whether to keep him or to have an A and then one day I started bleeding and was told by the hospital that I was going through a miscarriage and I was distraught. Made me realise that I did want him after all. Obviously the doctors were wrong and I wasnt miscarrying him. I will never forgive them for putting me through that heartache, making me think he was gone :cry:

Oh Smiley, that's awful. I think doctors aren't so good these days :(.

I think when I bled at 19 weeks I realised just how much I loved Lily and it really hit my fiancé when she stopped moving and I had to go in for reduced movements. He cried when he came out and said "I just love her so much, and I've not even met her".
xoxox

But good news BF in public twice on friday :D

I honestly think my manager is loosing the plot a bit, the ward has lost so many staff members in the last 3 years (over 20 members of staff) but doesnt think there is anything wrong with the ward, all of those who have left 'just cant hack it' :dohh:

:hugs: embo & smiley. Deciding whether or not to have an A must've been so difficult.

Whisper, being a mummy is hard! I'm sure you're doing a great job. I struggle most days with motherhood! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->