Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Harry's very good at settling himself too. :)

No clinic today - not sure why. So I'm going to weigh Harry myself, at home. :D My mum is coming for the day, and we're going up to Mothercare for a parasol for Harry's pram. And I may also buy an electric breast pump. :)

Jack can settle himself down to sleep too but he has to be at the right stage of tired lol.

I have got my '6 week check' tomorrow even though Jack is 8 weeks this week! :haha:

Whisper, why no earlier than 4 hours? If she is hungry then feed her. Thats what we do. No point letting them get upset because they are hungry...waiting a few hours isnt going to make them less hungry :haha:

Just put them down and hope for the best :haha: No seriously, we made the huge mistake of rocking Oscar to sleep every time he was tired when he was a baby and it is so so so hard to break them away from it once you have got them used to it. We have major troubles with Oscar sleeping at night now because he always craves the closeness of one of us being with him. With Jack, I vowed not to do the same thing so these last two weeks or so, once I can tell he is getting tired I just out him in his basket. He will moan but I just pop my head over the basket briefly and reassure him and give him a dummy and he eventually settles.

Sophie is bathed once a week.

No routine here either, I'm going to start introducing a loose bedtime routine soon though :D

Thanks smiley. Theo's almost 10 weeks old now so it'll be difficult to break probs. would be amazing if he did get to sleep on his own! He's always put up a fight to sleep. Can't remember when it wasn't a mission! X

Anyone know how long child benefit is taking to process? And do I need to wait for that to be done before I ring tax credits (for 2nd+ children)? I can't believe I still haven't got any of it done :S

Omfg cae battery flat just walked kids to to school three miles in 15mins. Dying on way bk ffffs meant to be on a course aaagghh

Oh no MF!! How frustrating. I'm sure your course will understand x sucks though x

Its my Lilys 5th birthday tomorrow so I'm off into town to buy wrapping paper and the last few bits :) I'm also off to buy a bumbo for Connor :happydance:

Connor was SO tired after being kept awake at hospital so he slept 9 hours! 6-3 :shock: He took 7oz then went back down till 6.15 :)

Awwww!! I hope she has a lovely day tomorrow! Well done Connor, that is a brilliant sleep!

I kept waking up though :lol: always the way when they sleep well!

Sasha, my child benefit didn't take long at all. :shrug: I still need to do tax credits though - I've got the form, but I need a backdated P60 from my work (which I have to pay for!), and this year's. Humph!

I get Harry to settle by putting him in his Moses, and turning on the turtle (it projects stars onto the ceiling). I turn the baby monitor on and get on with the washing up. He whinges, but you can tell it's half-hearted and for no reason, so I let him whinge for a bit, and he settles after about 15 minutes. Sometimes I'll go in and shush him if he's getting desperate, but I never really get him out (unless he's distressed), because he'll have to start self-settling all over again when I put him down.

Gflady it isnt too late, better doing it now when hes young rather than trying to do it in a few months when he will just want to be with mummy or daddy! Give it a go, it might be a bit harder at first but he will get used to it.

Mrssw, tax credits shouldnt need to see your p60, can your work not just give you the figure for your earnings so you dont have to pay for a reprinted p60?

MF, how annoying!! Hope your course are understanding. X

Em, I have still got a bumbo from when O was a baby but got to get it out of the attic!

Wiggler, my CB took about two weeks. You can apply for tax credits to be updated once you have got your CB x

Brilliant, I'll get that sent off this week. TC only backdate a month though, I should have got it done sooner :dohh:

Whisper, why no earlier than 4 hours? If she is hungry then feed her. Thats what we do. No point letting them get upset because they are hungry...waiting a few hours isnt going to make them less hungry :haha:

i think its due to her colic and tummy pains ,gonna put her on hungry milk i think she doesnt get upset as such more shows hunger signs

Lou, I never thought of asking them! Haha! They surely wouldn't tell me the information over the phone?

I called my payroll office to see how I get hold of my P60 and it only apparently costs £10. I didn't realise TC only backdate a month though. :( I've had to request my P60 in writing (email) from my work email address, which I can only access on site! I might ring them this week to see if they got my request. Grr!

Happy birthday lily for tomorrow!

Going to have to try this self settling and see how we get on. I can cope with the grizzling- he does that after half an hour of being in his basket sometimes. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->