Baby Bugs Due February 2013

My first two babies use to pooh loads but Riby doesn't web do one a day!

What are you using to wipe bottoms? I'm using water and cotton wool and the odd wipe if it's an awful pooh. I used wipes on my middle LO and she ended sore, I think the wipes irritated her skin?

Keep up the hard work of breast feeding, you really are all doing fab!

hope your feeling better midnight, it's tough having three little ones to think about.
Did Jade like the bath? Ruby seems to love it and I wandered if the water birth had anything to do with it?

Gflady, I still worry about everything and she is my third baby. I'm always questioning if I'm doing the right thing.... Like Shauns my asked me why I don't put cream on Ruby's bottom? I replied that the midwife said not too.... And I think that if her bottom isn't sore then idont want to put anything on her as her skin is brand new... So anywys it made me worry that I was doing the wrong thing?
I think just go with what you think, I'm sure we are all doing the right thing as we have our LOs interest at heart.

So what's everyone one to? I'm drinking my first glass of wine since pretty much the night I conceived!! I'm either going to be very drunk or fall asleep! Ha

Thanks Bec. I want them to go brown like my eyes. :) :cloud9:

Regarding poos - my midwife said everyone is different, just like adults; some go once a day, some go 5 times a day! She said that, because most of the breast milk is used by the body, there's hardly any waste. As long as he's having loads of wet nappies, and at least does a good poo a week, they're not concerned. :D

Oh, and you think you're worrying?! Alex worries about everything! Before we saw the doctor about Harry's gunky eyes, he must have said, "I'm worried about it eyes!" a million times! When he said it yesterday morning, I said, ""Oh really? I don't think you've mentioned it!" :p

I also asked him what he thought might be the worst case scenario with Harry's eyes, and he replied, "He loses them!" Haha! :rofl: I asked him if he thought we would leave it so long without getting anyone to look at them for that to happen! Mad man.

Alex sounds like me lmao I'm terrible!!!

Jade absolutely loved the bath. She was so chilled!

Im using wipes x

Glad I'm not the only worrier! And Tom worries more than I do too. Gosh, being a parent is crazy. Theo's got really gunky eyes. MW said to wipe with cotton wool & boiled water only if he's having trouble opening his eyes.

My MW said to only use cotton wool & water and only use sudocrem if needed so you're doing the right thing Jem

We thought theo had a bruise on his eyelid from the forceps but it's not fading and he's 8 days old. Do you think it could be a birthmark?
Xxx

Well Ruby has a Mark in the middle of her forehead and I was worries it might be one od those strawberry birth marks? But my midwife suggested it could be a pressure Mark from delivery? It's still there now so I'm assuming it's a birthmark? Is only slight though.
Oh and apparently Ruby looks like Shauns brother!!!!!

Harry's also got a red mark on his eyelid, from birth. I just assumed it was from the pressure of coming through the birth canal. He also came out with his hand to that side of his face, so it could just be a graze from that.

I'm using wipes - different brands deoending on the room we're in (I didn't set it up like that!). My logic was to expose him to more things, really. We're going to give him his first bath tomorrow, but with no products. Then, I can have a good look at his skin and see if there's any rash or whatever. I've not noticed anything - just redness where he's been on his back/bum all day! :)

My midwives said for Harry's gunky eyes (before we went to the doctor), wipe then with breast milk on cotton wool. We tried it, but his little infection didn't go. You could try that for Theo hun? <3 Hope his eyes get better.

It's prob a stork mark - my daughter had one on her forehead, eyelid and back of head... The usual places. It's faded now and she's 2 - can see it still when poorly or angry. It's strange that Jude hasn't got one as hers was soooo noticeable. So
Many people asked if she'd banged her head!??? I'd say "Yes she is 2 weeks old and she banged her head" knobs!!

Ha ha nix. Actually my girls have the red marks on there hair line on the back of there necks. It also gets redder if there crying.

I've heard Breast milk helps.
Ruby has a gungy eye too I just bath it with boiled water and it's not got any worse x

Another worrier here! :haha: it's nice to hear we all have some of the same worries. Blake had that eye gunk in one eye for weeks, seems to have cleared up now.

He poos every 2-3 days, and then they're huge! :haha:

Oh and the diaper wipes...so the day after Blake was born, I was still in the hospital, and we went down the hall to visit him in the NICU. A nurse was doing his care time, and there was a little spit bubble in his mouth, then I saw her take a diaper wipe out of the package and wipe his MOUTH with it. Since getting pregnant, I've been trying to buy organic, not use harsh chemicals, get non-toxic baby stuff, etc, so this really upset me. Especially since I was still recovering from the shock of him coming so early and he was SO tiny and helpless. I didn't cry or raise my voice or anything, but I made it very, very clear we did not approve of anyone using diaper wipes in his mouth! My oh saw it coming, told me later he was surprised how calm I was about it (poor guy knows me too well! :haha:). So the nurse says to me, well I only did it because it was easier for me. Ooooooh, that really got me! :growlmad:

So we requested that never happen again, and the head nurse suggested they just use sterilized water and disposable cotton cloths on his bottom as well (to get the wipes out of nurses reach completely). She said that's what they use when the diaper wipes give babies rash on their bottoms anyway. :dohh: From that day until he left 7 weeks later, there were little notes around his incubator/crib saying, "Please don't use diaper wipes on me! Thanks, Blake". Small victory for a worrying mother. :happydance:

Thanks mrss x I'll try the breast milk.

My poor theo has a really sore bottom from nappy rash. Bless him.

I guess time will tell what the marks are.

Im going to go to clinic on monday and then the bumps and bundles group after. Im nervous!!

What are you nervous about? The toddler group?

Yeah lol I am hoping its a nice one and not a clicky one. I didn't go to any with math as I was only 17 and I did not go when ruby was little as math was a toddler and quite a pest! X

Settling down for the night. My boy is sleeping... for now! Fingers crossed he stays down for a good while. :)

Night night everyone, but you know I'll be back in the wee hours as usual! <3

Settling down for the night. My boy is sleeping... for now! Fingers crossed he stays down for a good while. :)

Night night everyone, but you know I'll be back in the wee hours as usual! <3

night hun xx see u in the middle of nightx

Thanks mrss x I'll try the breast milk.

My poor theo has a really sore bottom from nappy rash. Bless him.

I guess time will tell what the marks are.

The best thing for nappy rash is bepanthen, I was recommended to use it in the hospital when Daniel had a sore bum as he was having about 6 dirty nappies every day.

I have also used wipes since I came home from hospital, I use the fragrance free ones on him and we don't have any problems.

Glad today is over!! DS2 had his surgery, LO is eating more again, I PIGGED out on chocolate caramel popcorn and had a iced tea beer. So yummy!!

I've always been a huggies fan, ive used them on all three of my other children. Although I was given two big packs of NB pampers and they seem to be working fine I plan on switching back to huggies for the majority of LOs diaper wearing days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->