Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Nah you won't, it's OK to skip a meal or two, milk is their main source of nutrition until they are one :)

Thanks ladies. So when you are weaning do you give some meals soley food and others milk or mix? Sorry I really don't know!! I thought of giving mashed up food and finger foods. Is that ok?

I still just offered milk on demand and the amount she took naturally reduced as she ate more food.

I sometimes would give a little milk so she wasn't starving and upset but still hungry enough to be interested in food.

Early weaning however you do it is all about tastes and the baby eats very little in reality - generally the younger you wean as well you take things slower.

Of course you can mix mushed food and finger foods, they do all learn to eat normally in the end :flower:

Wiggler & Amelie .....nice pics..they are sooo :hugs: adorable!!

Yes what AP said... With my girls I think by about 8 months, I got up and gave breakfast first rather than milk as my girls would drink all the milk and not eat breakfast.

So breakfast first, then milk at 8/9 ish and I found my girls dropped the 10ish feed, lunch at 12/1pm and then milk at 2/3 and tea at 5pm

I don't think there is a rule to weaning.... Just got to do what's best. Just lots of variety, textures and healthy ness.

I do try to get my girls to eat 5 fruit/veg a day. Mostly they do, sometimes not.
X

Bethany will eat her 5 a day, she would eat a dead rat if I dished it up :rofl: Dylan is more picky. I hope Sophie is a good eater though, there is nothing better than seeing your kids eat something you have slaved over, be it proper food, or puree :cloud9:

Oh gf poor theo! The vomiting is a terrible mess. Hugs. Hope that helps!! I am hoping he will grow out of it soon so I can wean him off the prevacid. It's rather expensive here!

Aw foods sound fun! I am going to make his baby food. Probably a mix of mash and finger like you all say.

Wiggler hugs lady! I hope you can get some relief for your bf issues!

Harry just did 8:30pm-1:30am. :shock: I'm stunned! Someone told me it all changes at 12 weeks, and he'll be 12 weeks on Thursday. Let's hope it's not a fluke! :happydance:

Well done harry! I just put little man to sleep for attempt #1 - he napped for an hr through dinner time which could be a bad thing...we'll see how it goes

Thomas slept 8:30-1:10. I'm amazed!!! But now I've been up for an hour and half and he won't settle in his crib. Dh a total tosser kicked off because he is crying.... It is what babies do. So sorry it's disturbing his sleep. Arse hole. Xx

What good babies :) Grrrrrr men! Hope your ok Hun and are asleep now. Xxxx

My DH does that sometimes. I have to remind him that crying is what babies do, and that he signed up for this! :p

Last night, we were looking through the snippets of video he's taken on his good digital camera. He'd taken some just after Harry was born, as he was getting weighed, and I was reminded of how verrry mini and fragile he was 11 weeks ago! I want another one!! :haha:

Glad to hear all the babies are sleeping well. Sophie is still feeding every 1-3 hours through the night.

We tried her in her cot again and she wasn't having any of it, it seems like that was a big waste of money :haha:

I said to dh that I feeling sad about no more babies. Oh mu gosh he nearly yelled at me, I wasn't hinting. I just feel sad, no more tiny babies.
saying that :-
Tmi, we dtd the last night and he forgot to pull out and I'm sure it's ovulation time? Do you know if they sell the morning after pill at thr chemist?
Can't risk a baby ;(
(waiting for Af to go back on the pill) I'm going to feel very stupid x

Morning!

Well done harry and Thomas!

Jem, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get the morning after pill this morning. We still haven't DTD. How will I know if I'm all healed beforehand?

Tom's been great last night and this morning helping to settle Theo back to sleep after his feeds, which is a mammoth task every time. Theo always puts up a big fight before sleeping.

Ugh, it's tipping down here. Where's the sun gone?

You will be able to get the morning after pill today Jem - boots etc all do it.

We have just failed with contraception totally. It is because I didn't ovulate for so long after having Ivy because of bfing so we are both assuming it is the same this time - which is stupid.

Buying condoms today and then waiting 2 weeks from last DTD to test and then getting the coil in! I don't hate the idea of a 3rd baby but I can't cope with diabetes and 2 tiny children with all the hospital appointments etc.

Jem - I think you can get them from the chemist

Emma - Glad Jade is happier today :D

Sophie is in a foul mood today, as always :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back