Baby Bugs Due February 2013

I used to love coming on and scouring through to check if anyone had their baby over night lol!

i was going to do blw but hubbys not keen on it hes more the old fashion way

Theo's got a cold so is feeling really sorry for himself.

His reflux seems the same but I think he's a little more settled. The chiropractor seems optimistic that Theo will continue to improve.

TNT, I must have missed your post? How do you get the prevacid? And how do you do the rice cereal? I spoke to my go on Tues because Theo had a choking episode. Said it was part life of the reflux and to restart gaviscon and carry on with the domperidone & ranitidine. Because he's been gaining weight they're reluctant to do anything more.

I would try to get the prevacid first - it worked for us so we didnt end up using the cereal - looks like you guys call it zoton, fastabs? The zantac did nothing for Whitt so I imagine it's not working for Theo either as he's been on it for a while...I would ring your dr and tell them you want to try a new med as it's not working. If you tell them it's affecting his feeding they should try to help you...It really worked well for Whitt - he still spits up a little but he isn't vomiting like he was (he'd lose 2-3 feedings a day from vomiting), fussing at the breast is much better and the hiccups are much better.

For the cereal, He's not too young - my dr gave me that at 6wks I think? If they didn't have reflux obviously you wouldn't give it to them that young and it was his third choice as he said it's empty calories...just meant to thicken your milk up a bit to help keep it down...he says two level teaspoons of rice cereal in 3-4 oz of pumped milk twice a day - if he's eating more than that I'd keep the cereal the same and up the milk to start - this was what he suggested at 6wks...

Guess your last resort is hypoallergenic formula : / you could also try cutting citrus and tomatoes (high acid) foods and see if that helps too. It didn't make a difference for me but if you eat a lot of those might be worth trying...

^^ That's what I had posted :) Keep pushing - I was able to get help even though Whitt was gaining - is Theo vomiting as part of his reflux?

Ooh I loved Jan /feb... Amazing time :)

Blw is where you give them fingers food... Stuff you eat. So bread, grated cheese, ham, soft carrot sticks... I've not looked into it loads.
But with Demi I made sandwich type things that basically fell on the floor with fruit piece/purée and for tea I'd make our dinner puréed, like spaghetti bolognaise, ect.

The point in baby led weaning is the baby eats what its wants and is not 'force fed'... Feel free to input ladies but that's the way I got told?

Normally the HV will inform you of weaning classes nearly six months xx

I'm having Chinese tonight mmmm mmmmm.

Hope Jade feels better soon xxx

Jem I think I will combi blw with traditional too with the blw lunch etc but if we wean before 6mths il probably start tw though jades not a hungry baby so hoping we can hold out :)

Haha Emma, My OH has no say in weaning or stuff like that, I am the main caregiver and will be cooking all the meals so he just goes along with what I say. Luckily he is very on board with it after what a disaster purees were with Dylan.

Hope Jade gets well soon.
This is new to me. I guess I shall try it with Shresh once.
In the beginning we smash veges, rice. ...give lots of fresh fruit juices, soups. Gradually stop smashing food. I am new to this..... I shall get back with details after asking mom.
Gf- hope Theo is better.
Shresh has woken up. Its milk time. I will breastfeed him till he is 2 years.

god im living up the the british reputation ive managed to get sunburn on my face just walking to the pharmacy and back:dohh:

Ouchies :hugs:

I'm hoping to breastfeed until Sophie self weans, but we have had nothing but problems last time. I'm not stopping though, as stupid as it sounds I still feel guilty for stopping with Bethany and as Sophie is my last baby I am determined to get it right this time, no matter how much pain I am in.

I can't imagine my OH having an opinion on weaning :haha:

BLW is pretty much like Jem has described, you start once the baby is 6 months so can sit up and pick up food for themself.

They only eat tiny amounts initially so it is quite gradual, it is amazing what a baby can eat with their hands though.

There is a very good book by Jill Rapley which is all about it. Hardcore BLW basically says no spoon feeding (they say you should give the baby preloaded spoons) but to be honest I didnt find a bit of spoon feeding interfered, mainly things like yoghurt and breakfast things like weetabix.

Ivy had no teeth until she was ten months but has always been great at chewing things, doesn't gag, no lump phobia or anything and just eats the same meals as us. BLW is brilliant for improving the diet of everyone in the house I found because I made sure we could all eat the same thing.

I can't wait to do it again actually. Oh and with Ivy we started at 5.5 months, just with fruit and veg :flower:

Piccy of her eating banana below on the first day we tried it!

Attachments

• Banana4.jpg
    Banana4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Banana3.jpg
    Banana3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
Theo's got a cold so is feeling really sorry for himself.

His reflux seems the same but I think he's a little more settled. The chiropractor seems optimistic that Theo will continue to improve.

TNT, I must have missed your post? How do you get the prevacid? And how do you do the rice cereal? I spoke to my go on Tues because Theo had a choking episode. Said it was part life of the reflux and to restart gaviscon and carry on with the domperidone & ranitidine. Because he's been gaining weight they're reluctant to do anything more.

I would try to get the prevacid first - it worked for us so we didnt end up using the cereal - looks like you guys call it zoton, fastabs? The zantac did nothing for Whitt so I imagine it's not working for Theo either as he's been on it for a while...I would ring your dr and tell them you want to try a new med as it's not working. If you tell them it's affecting his feeding they should try to help you...It really worked well for Whitt - he still spits up a little but he isn't vomiting like he was (he'd lose 2-3 feedings a day from vomiting), fussing at the breast is much better and the hiccups are much better.

For the cereal, He's not too young - my dr gave me that at 6wks I think? If they didn't have reflux obviously you wouldn't give it to them that young and it was his third choice as he said it's empty calories...just meant to thicken your milk up a bit to help keep it down...he says two level teaspoons of rice cereal in 3-4 oz of pumped milk twice a day - if he's eating more than that I'd keep the cereal the same and up the milk to start - this was what he suggested at 6wks...

Guess your last resort is hypoallergenic formula : / you could also try cutting citrus and tomatoes (high acid) foods and see if that helps too. It didn't make a difference for me but if you eat a lot of those might be worth trying...

^^ That's what I had posted :) Keep pushing - I was able to get help even though Whitt was gaining - is Theo vomiting as part of his reflux?

Thanks TNT, that's really helpful. Yeah, hr vomits loads throughout the day and not just after feeds. I can't put him flat without him vommitting and he can't go in any prams and try car seat as they make him sick too.

I bf Ivy until she was 16.5 months, she basically self weaned and it worked really well for us. I would like to bf Elodie until she was at least one but wouldnt have any issue carrying on until 18 months or longer if it felt right x

Ahh she is too cute! I didn't realise how much I enjoy weaning. Love there little faces x

She is a gobby 2 year old now :haha:

I am in nooooooo rush to wean, I do remember the mess and it is so much hassle with snacks and having to take food out...and the poo is much worse :rofl:

Love the weaning pics :cloud9:

Sorry it's massive: https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/387216_309793809040316_440290942_n.jpg :cloud9: Eek, I am dreading the mess and weaning poos, but I can't wait to see Sophie exploring different foods.

arghh just realised if we wean leney at 4 mths then in july il have to take food with me in the car 7 hour trip from here to milton keynes:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->