Baby Bugs Due February 2013

I cannot start weaning for shresh before 6 months. Its not a matter of choice but customs and traditions we go to a temple and the priest offers us crushed rice after offering to the lord. Then we feed our babies. After this only we can start solids. So I cant argue on this.

Now a days here ..... no one gives water. I have asked all my cousins....neighbors. I try feeding my lo with my milk to quench his thirst.

just took a walk with lena to the pharmacy and got some natural teething crystal type things really prud of myself id normaly be out of puff by time i got there but wasnt even out of puff when got back home

Well done!! I dont think u need to add water if breastfeeding but I do sometimes with formula. The feeding ritual sounds cool :)
Jades grumpy today. Wonder if she's got the sore throat me and ruby had.

GF, great news on Theos appointment :happydance: Really hope that it helps him out a bit!xx

My friend has been round for a few hours and she is 39 weeks preg. I was soooo jealous lol. Hope Im not getting broody.

Wow did not know you had a ceremony when lo starts feeding. Do you offer puréed food? The thing here is 'baby led weaning' so you can apparently offer Lo anything you eat in whole pieces.

I did a bit of both with Demi- whatever is easiest. I think I'm going to wait nearer the six months mark with Ruby as with Isla I did it at 4 months (pressure from Shaun's mum) and she took ages to learn to eat and I was sooooo stressed coz Isla didn't get the whole eating thing. Xx

thanks ladies i must of sounded one paranoid mummy there sorry:haha:

Don't worry I'm always a paranoid mummy! Xxx

Not at all, Whisper, you're just a wonderful mummy! I'm a bit of a worrier, too hun, thanks for your help yesterday! :hugs:

GF - really glad Theo's chiro apps have been going well - must be great to see he's getting some relief. :thumbup:

Shradha- it is very interesting to hear your experiences!

BSM - oh wow carrots! Daniel is really getting to be a big boy!

Embo - been thinking about you :hugs::hugs: have you gotten any news on the job situation? Keeping fx for you xx

Best, has the early weaning helped Daniel's reflux? Am thinking of doing it with theo.

Theo had his second chiropractic appt today- think it maybe helping :) he's full of cold tho, it's his 3rd one since he was born! Bad mummy.

Hi Gf - did you see my post about the prevacid and cereal? Was hoping that might work for little Theo x

Shradha that sounds very nice.

I don't think I am going to stop bfing until at least 6mo if not a year - I think I will express after 6mo though, but can't say. I do enjoy the bond it gives us plus it's very easy to not have to do double the work. Many people in the US will bf until the child is 2 years old or older. There is quite a bit of medical research that shows the benefits continue past infancy. It might be helpful for his immune system to keep going through the next winter and then stop...:shrug:

Slightly better night last night and a big step that we moved him out of the napper for the first time to flat sleeping. He did ok! - I swaddled him so he wouldn't thrash and wake himself up so I think that helped. He did 8-1, 130-415, 445-6 or so. Tough still as I had to get up early for a work call:wacko:

Oh and just wanted to say I read STTN is considered a 5-6 hr stretch at this point, not 8hrs unfortunately.:coffee:

we start lena with puree end of this month so 4 months shes already trying to pinch my food sees me eatung and hand goes in it and she watches every mouth full lol, being brave and just washing and sterilizing the dreaded tommeee tippee bottles to try her with them again as shes not past the 3 mth colic stage fingers crossed for me please

I will wait until as close to 6 months as possible - I did BLW with Ivy and it was so easy and I just need Elodie to be eating with us really.

Also it is so much easier at 6 months being able to give gluten, dairy etc.

Yea also meant to say im glad Theo is doing well :) x

I'll be doing BLW with Sophie as well, I did it with Bethany and it was so easy, plus I am far too lazy for purees, Its easier to just scrape some food from my plate to the highchair tray :rofl:

Oh no, whats up? I hope she feels better soon :hugs:

Sophie has been screaming all afternoon :(

Shes grumpy. Cant wait till she can tell me whats up! Its been 21 here today ughhh

Theo's got a cold so is feeling really sorry for himself.

His reflux seems the same but I think he's a little more settled. The chiropractor seems optimistic that Theo will continue to improve.

TNT, I must have missed your post? How do you get the prevacid? And how do you do the rice cereal? I spoke to my go on Tues because Theo had a choking episode. Said it was part life of the reflux and to restart gaviscon and carry on with the domperidone & ranitidine. Because he's been gaining weight they're reluctant to do anything more.

Yeah meant to say january/February. Loved it. Remember saying I was going to do school run the day I had jade lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->