Baby Bugs Due February 2013

How do you tell if baby has colic?

Need a bit of non baby advice. My mum has always had a set of keys to my house. When we got married dh moved into my house. My mum has just let herself in and he was so rude to her she made her excuses and left. He has now stormed out and told me to tell
My mum to knock before she comes in. How do I do that without offending her? I really have no problem with her letting herself in and am so angry at dh the way he behaved to my mum today and yesterday. I just don't have the energy to argue. I'm tired , sore , hormonal and could do without arguing. Dh ranted at me about putting my family first or I shouldn't have bothered having a baby. I'm so upset anyway (hormones) without this. X

Gosh blue, poor thing! Hope it doesn't happen again.

Theo sleeps for 3-4 hours on average. Makes me really anxious because i have to wake him up after 3 hrs to feed him according to my MW. He gets so stressed wheb i do wake him that he doesn't feed well, bless him. Not sure how long he'd sleep for if I left him!

Lindy, sorry not sure what you should do. Sounds like a difficult scenario. If in doubt I tend to go with honesty is the best policy and explain your predicament to your mum. Really not sure tho hun x

I'd go for honesty too hun but that's the way me and my Mum do things, I know it might be different for you :hugs:

Connor slept for like 5 hours today after his feed, I ended up waking him up as I know he must've been hungry :lol:

Need a bit of non baby advice. My mum has always had a set of keys to my house. When we got married dh moved into my house. My mum has just let herself in and he was so rude to her she made her excuses and left. He has now stormed out and told me to tell
My mum to knock before she comes in. How do I do that without offending her? I really have no problem with her letting herself in and am so angry at dh the way he behaved to my mum today and yesterday. I just don't have the energy to argue. I'm tired , sore , hormonal and could do without arguing. Dh ranted at me about putting my family first or I shouldn't have bothered having a baby. I'm so upset anyway (hormones) without this. X

uncontrolable crying / scrwMing, gas, bloated etc

i have learnt not to wake lena or i pay for it loltheywake when hungry

Thanks embo and gflady. I hate conflict. Just want everybody to get on :( Now me and dh not getting on over it and mum upset over it and I'm in the middle

hugs hun xxx hope you sort it.

Jade sept 4-5 hours for first 5 days of life so maybe its some growth spurt?

Thanks midnight. I'm too exhausted to sort anything at the moment So sad today :(

Lindy, sorry about your situation!
My mum and step dad came to my delivery room an hour after I'd given birth! No telling us, just turned up!! Shaun didn't want to let them in and I just said it's easier if he did. They only stayed five mins, but Shaun was furious but what wad I supposed to do?

Anyway I feel shit today too. Shaun is super stressed at the girls- not Ruby coz she is quiet as a mouse- thankfgoodness coz we would be divorced by now.

He won't play with the girls at all and they want his attention! All he wants to do Is cook so he is out the way or sits in his phone or computer watching golf!!

I'm sick to death of doing everything. I do all the night feeds and then get up at silly o clock with the girls while he lays in until after the breakfast is sorted.
He doesn't think to ask how many hours I'm up with Ruby.

Yes he is great going shopping and cooking the dinner but what about the other stuff?
What about our girls who just want daddies attention?

I'm sure I'm going to explode any time soon, if this is how my weekends are going to be I think if rather just do it by myself. I'm fed up with worrying about how much the girls are stressing him out.

Rant over, sorry just needed to tell someone.
Hope your all ok xxx

Jem- I'm with you. When you are out in a situation like that what are you meant to do without seriously upsetting somebody. My dh said I choose to upset him rather than other people but I just feel like he has seriously over reacted and made a difficult decision into a major battle. You must be do frustrated. After going through the birth and feeling exhausted over that, then the hotmone changes that kick in. It's so annoying that they can get tired and need a break of go off and go something but we can't. There is no escape or respite for mums. We just have to carry on and be there for the little ones so they get all they need. Does your dh work? Is he on pat leave? Big hugs Jem - would love to tell you to lock the doir and have a bath but if its anything like here you will get 5mibs to yourself. Sending you big hugs. Xxxx it is so rubbish having extra stress and pressure. With you in the stressy sad angry mix Jem , its shit. Xxx

Hi everyone!

Haven't read the last few pages but I hope that everyone is ok.

We had a great night last night, Daniel fed at 9.30 and then fell asleep about 10.45 and slept to........ Wait for it...... 5am!!!!!

I actually think that I woke him checking to make sure that he was ok because he normally only sleeps for 4 ish hours at night! Hopefully this is the start of him sleeping longer!

Wow, Best! That's great! I am so jealous, though. Lol

We have has 2 good nights in a row now - good meaning Blake actually slept in his crib for stretches of 3-4 hours! I think it's because I had a little talk with him. :winkwink: A few nights ago when he was screaming after 5 minutes in his crib again, I went in, so tired, and started saying stuff like ...I get that you don't like your crib, I'm sorry it's the crib you're stuck with, you weren't old enough to go shopping and pick out your own bed, it's a very nice crib though and you'll just have to learn to like it. You know they put my nan in a dresser drawer to sleep, don't you? Aren't you glad you're in this nice big crib with an expensive nontoxic mattress instead of a drawer? Lol! Blake stops screaming for a few minutes and just stares at me, my oh was laughing so hard. :haha:

Hi ladies!

We've had a busy day today, and are just now settling down at Alex's parents' house after an amazing dinner cooked by my FIL. :)

And now for an evening of snuggles and, if we're awake, Alex and I are going to watch the Oscars!

Harry generally sleeps for 2-3 hours at a time after a feed. At night though, he has to be in someone's arms, so even when he's sleeping - we can't. Boooo!! :p

Jade seems to want to self settle which I guess is a good thing in long run but she gets very noisy lol

Bsm that is fabulous!!

Midnight- self settling is brill!!

Going to tell Thomas to get himself sorted :)

:hugs: Jem

Lindy-its so hard to be stuck in the middle. :hugs: such a tough situation. It's wonderful your mom is so close and able to stop by like that! I can see both points of view...you feel comfortable with mom coming anytime, always welcome, but your oh wants a bit of a heads up before mom just walks in. I agree, maybe being open and honest with mom is the best idea. That way, hopefully she'll feel more welcome by oh, and less stress for you. Tbh, I'd be so embarrassed if my mom walked in unannounced and saw me say, cleaning the bathroom in my undies or (cringe) in the middle of sexy time with oh. :blush: Good luck, Hun, I know you'd hate to upset either of them. :hugs:

i have learnt not to wake lena or i pay for it loltheywake when hungry

Same here - he screams and then can't latch on so it's counter productive! He wakes when he's hungry and goes straight on the boob :)

Sorry he's being so cross. I agree with honesty with your mom but Id let him know he can communicate his feelings about things that bother him in a more sensitive way next time - don't put up with nonsense :):hugs:

We had newborn pictures today! He was good except he wouldn't sleep at all so we didn't get too many of those sweet angelic posed pictures but I think she got a few good ones despite him being awake. Can't wait to see them!!

Anyone else have bad baby acne :( ?? Poor little guy

My edema is finally going away but man seems like I am more sore than ever down stairs :( anyone else with an epi still really sore??

When is everyone going to start taking baby out in public for more than dr visits or have you already? I am thinking of trying it maybe later this week in my ergo for just a short trip to target or something... but I worry about germs...and screaming...lol

We're sleeping when we can...sometimes he gives us 3-4 hrs at night or during the day - sometimes like last night it was 2hrs or so. I've learned to sleep at any moment's notice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->