Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Bug puked on our border collie a few weeks back. That was fun to clean,full bath kinda job. But other than that She doesn't really be sick, the odd mouthful here and there.

Bug has started waking up at 5am for a big feed then goes back to sleep. She slept through for two weeks,which was bliss. HV wants us to think about early weaning. But I'm undecided.

Jem, if you comment on a thread (one of our journals , for example) then you are automatically subscribing. A the top of the page can you see where it says 'user cp'? Well click on that and it shows you all of the threads you have 'subscribed to' (commented on) so you can find them nice and easily. :thumbup:

Hi girls.

I have just had a sudden guilt attack about formula feeding Daniel and I don't know why because I have been happy all along about it. I think that I just want the closeness with him.

He doesn't like skin to skin contact with me at all :-( he loves it with his daddy though. I think that part of it is caused by me not having any after he was born with him needing to go to neonatal!

I know tht it will pass but it is really bugging me today.

I have a friend coming for lunch, she is an obs/gynae doctor- no talking shop though for her!

Aw bsm xx it may not of helped the way you feel as he was whisked away. I have never really done skin to skin and I have great bonds with my kids so don't worry xx

None of my babies were sicky, Jade doesn't even posset. She just does mega loud old man burps!

My hv is lovely and relaxed. She just said I seem relaxed and jade is content then said I should do what I like.

We are hoping to do baby led weaning. I'm not really bothered about purees.

MuSt admit I feel so much better now and my anxiety has gone. Aw the wonderful 12week mark lol x

Ladies, how do I subscribe? Lol... That's why I can't keep up with your journals!!!!
I've got seriously grumpy girls.

Got to toddler group and Ruby's milk (which was made by mil) had leaked everywhere!!! So it was either go homeor see if Ruby would make it through. So I stayed and Ruby was ok but starving by the time we got in- 45 mins late for bottle.

Ruby burps up sticky deposits all over my shoulder nut that's about it really.

this is how you subscribe to a thread
https://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/lindseyj85/Untitled-1-10.jpg​

Haha! I love the tutorial, Linds. <3

Weaning-wise, I'm hoping to start baby rice, Rusks and purées etc. from about 5 months. I want Harry on mainly solids by the time I go back to work when he's 7 months. :)

Haha! I love the tutorial, Linds. <3

Weaning-wise, I'm hoping to start baby rice, Rusks and purées etc. from about 5 months. I want Harry on mainly solids by the time I go back to work when he's 7 months. :)

Just a word of warning about rusks - they say 4 months + on the box but they contain gluten so it isnt advised to give them until after 6 months.

I personally like eating rusks myself but think they are too yummy to give to babies :haha:

My baby girl is 11 weeks today! Wow! What a wonderful 11 weeks they have been, couldn't imagine my life without her, she's amazing :cloud9:

Hope you're all good! I can't wait for rusks, yum!
xoxox

Though with weaning even when mine had 3meals say at 9mths milk was still the main source of food really?

Though with weaning even when mine had 3meals say at 9mths milk was still the main source of food really?

I was always told that milk should be the main source of nutrition until 1.

I always offered 3 x meals a day and snacks once Ivy was 9+ish months but milk was definitely the main food souce until she was probably 14 months tbh.

I know some people though where their babies have really rapidly dropped milk (my friend's son stopped having any bottles at 7 months :wacko:)

Oh thats good to know. Both mine had millk in morning, 2nap times and bed times at age 1. Ruby even had a night feed of milk till she was about 3. I don't think they actually 'eat' properly till over 1 do they?

Ivy certainly didn't! In times of illness etc even over 1 she would go fully back on to milk - it was her comfort thing I think x

Ah thanks girls. I want Harry to reduce his boob intake by the time I go back to work, so I don't have to pump while I'm there. But I guess, if I have to, I have to! :shrug:

And thanks AP on the rusk advice! Baby rice until 6 months, then rusks. I loved them when I was little. :) Mmm!

Baby rice is a complete waste of time and money (in my opinion lol) It actually doesnt taste of anything and has no texture to it so it is pointless. Wont be usingit with Jack. Oscar used to look at me like wtf is this?!? Haha!

Purees...a lot of time and effort, dont think I will have time to make them this time round so BLW will be the route I take. Oscar still drinks two bottles of formula a day :lol:

Hope you girls don't mind a little moan from me.

I'm a bit down :(. I'm feeling lonely and super horrid about my body. Motherhood is lonely when you have a social anxiety. I hate my saggy boobs and belly too :cry:.

Sorry for the moan.
xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"