Baby Bugs Due February 2013

My 2 year old just had rage over a pair of trousers and went and wee'd all over her floor in protest at having to get dressed :nope:

Omg, you girls are scaring me! How do you all with older ones handle the going to the bathroom on floor, in garden, etc?

Hi ladies!

Went to the hospital today with Theo. Dr thinks he may not be gaining weight because of my milk supply, she said that cutting out dairy was the right thing to do but it probably means I'm not getting enough calories to produce enough. Have been prescribed formula to give a few+ times a day. Feel a bit sad. How do you prepare formula in advance? I know you're not supposed to but Theo's too unpredictable to time it. X

Hi Gf, glad you got in to see dr. I usually prepare 2 bottles at a time, so we always have one available. I know what you mean, sometimes Blake will go 4-5 hours now, sometimes 2-3 and it's like he goes from happy to STARVING in a few seconds, screaming his little head off. :haha: and try not to feel sad, you're doing what's best for him :hugs:

Thanks kitty :flower:

I'll do anything if it'll help him gain weight. How do you get the bottles the right temperature?, x

I prepare 3 bottles in advance and pop them in the fridge once prepared. When I need them I just take them out and pop in mircowave for 10-15 seconds to take the chill off. x

I do a "double boiler" type thing. I just fill up a little plastic tub (with a flat bottom) with hot tap water, then put his bottle in the water. Usually takes 1-2 min to warm up, by the time I've changed him and get him all set up with bib, burp cloth, etc, it's ready to go.

I boil water in kettle and add to bottles 4 at a time. When she want it I add powder and heat for 15/20 in microwave xx

We try to avoid microwaving plastic, could be nothing, but I've seen/read some scary stuff about it. We also use glass baby bottles, that's what my mom used for me.

Thanks ladies. I'll boil the kettle and put the water in a few at a time. Sure I won't have to think about it once I get used to it. The consultant I saw was lovely, she reassured us that it was probably a straight forward reflyx case. Hope it is just my supply that's making theo not gain weight since that's easy to fix x

I make them up as I go but at night I put the boiled kettle water into the bottles and just add milk when I need it. I dont add milk in advance. To get to the right temp I put n micro for 25-30 secs...obvs depends how much you have in the bottle. I use a bottle warmer at night x

I dont make bottles hot, just takes chill off. It takes me less than a min to get jades bottle in night and she takes 6-8min to drink it and then back to sleep :)

Its sooooo hot today!

Oh, here too, going to be 90! That's really hot for Ohio, esp in May. Thank goodness our A/C is good and cold! I just wither in the heat.

Oh no. You live by the sea, right? Do you get any breeze from that?

I can give Jack bottles either warm or cold but prefer to give them warm.

It is hot here too, gotta go to my nephews tea party at 4.30...he is 3 today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->