Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Ooo jem that sounds nice. It does look like its going to be seriously hot today. Not quite sure what do do? May not venture out till this eve when its a bit more shady?

I don't think I would go out til this heat calmed down either hun, it'll be lovely in the evening.

Summer makes me really wish I had a garden, sitting out in late afternoon while the kids play sounds lovely :cloud9:

Embo :hugs: Xx

Em..it looks like it will be hot here too and Ive got to go to a kids birthday party :wacko:

Jem..have fun at your mums!!

I was only ordering off funky pigeon because they have a range of half price fathers day cards (which makes them £1.49 each) but then have a further 50% off code and free delivery so it shouldn't have cost much for the five cards I needed. But Im not nothering now :sulk: lol

Jades not keen on the heat either. :( I dont mind it being hot on the shorter days but I hate the long hot days!

Sash, we have a back garden that we have just done up but it has walls built up around it (we live in a weird spot) and so it becomes a sun trap and gets scorching...too hot for the kids :nope:

Ours is too hun as south facing. Sun trap all day :(

No about the cards, that would wind me up as I have no patience!

I hate fathers day with a passion, I lost my Dad 5 years ago now and Paul always works away so it's just depressing and a trip down my Dads grave :(

Morning!

Theo had his first bottle yday evening with gaviscon in and it went down well :)

We're going out for dim sum for lunch with friends. It's solo hot!

Are you guys getting broody already??? :)

GF I hope the formula does the trick for Theo, Ivy was 2nd centile until 6 months I think due to puking, it is so hard with bfing because you can't just 'get' more milk when they chuck up.

Have you done anything to try and boost your supply - fenugreek, brewers yeast, domperidone etc?

I haven't taken anything to boost it but I baby wear theo all day, nurse him every 2hrs, and let him feed from both breasts for as long as he likes. I haven't looked into dietary supplements. Not sure what else I can do. Am worried that my supply is going to decrease even more now I'm adding in bottles every other feed but don't think there's much else I can do. Plus he really needs to start gaining weight.

Nurses in the NICU used to give me 10 min to try to bf Blake. He was usually good at it, they were all surprised for his age then, but my supply was low, so after the 10 min (sometimes 15 if he didn't get sleepy) he'd be given bottle. Not sure if that was just a preemie thing, or if that would be any help in your situation keeping supply up. Thought I'd mention it, oh and oatmeal they also suggested. Honestly, I think your doing great! :hugs::hugs:

Thanks kitty. You're kind and helpful x

Are you guys getting broody already??? :)

GF I hope the formula does the trick for Theo, Ivy was 2nd centile until 6 months I think due to puking, it is so hard with bfing because you can't just 'get' more milk when they chuck up.

Have you done anything to try and boost your supply - fenugreek, brewers yeast, domperidone etc?

I haven't taken anything to boost it but I baby wear theo all day, nurse him every 2hrs, and let him feed from both breasts for as long as he likes. I haven't looked into dietary supplements. Not sure what else I can do. Am worried that my supply is going to decrease even more now I'm adding in bottles every other feed but don't think there's much else I can do. Plus he really needs to start gaining weight.

I was only thinking, like you said, with topping up your supply is likely to decrease further BUT you have to do what you feel is right by Theo and what lets you feel safe and secure you are doing all you can to make sure he is well.

I took Fenugreek with Ivy and it does provide a boost but I guess it depends how low they think your supply is? I am surprised they didnt offer to prescribe you something to help boost your supply, just incase he doesnt take to the formula.

Does he take a bottle well?

Please please dont think I am being all pushy about bfing - I hate the Mummy guilt - I just wouldnt like you to feel like your boobs were the problem or that your bfing journey has been cut short.

:hugs:

Thanks AP, I don't think you're being pushy at all! I appreciate your input. :flower:

He takes formula well but hates expressed milk in a bottle. I think part of the problem, as I understand it, is that theo needs more milk than I can supply. If he was keeping his feed down then maybe I'd have enough but because he needs extra as well as my supply being low then he doesn't get enough to thrive. Does that make sense? I don't know.

To be honest, I think my milk supply has been gradually decreasing over the last few weeks as when I've been expressing in the morning each time I'm getting slightly less. I am gutted about this and suspect I won't be able to sustain mixed feeding as I don't think my supply will keep up. If I'm not making enough already despite feeding him frequently etc then I guess adding formula will make it that much worse. I will try the fenugreek though. Sorry, i sound defeatist but I'm just trying to prepare myself for not being able to bf for as long as I have hoped.

Love you ladies :hugs:

:( hugs em. We dont do much! My kids normally make stuff at school for him. He thinks its cheesy if I do it! :/ jade is watching the simpsons! Opps!

You don't sound defeatest at all GF, you have been through a hell of a lot with Theo's reflux and weight gain issues - and bfing even when everything is great still has hard times.

I hate seeing ladies exhaust themselves pushing to extremes to carry on bfing, please don't try anything out of guilt or obligation!

If he takes the formula well and keeps it down then I would just let your journey follow its natural course and be happy with what you have achieved x

Thanks so much guys xxx I really appreciate it xxx

Hun, do be aware that by this time, your boobs might feel empty or more soft, but that's only because they're more efficient at storing and providing milk for Theo, just like he's more efficient at getting it out. I had anxieties about my supply too, but Harry is always satisfied and is gaining weight nicely. I can't pump great amounts in one go, but that's just the way my body is, I think.

Obviously, if you want to stop, don't beat yourself up over it. He's had a great start, despite the reflux (poor puppy. :( ), but I just wanted to let you know it's normal for your boobs to feel more 'normal' now. <3

Massive hugs Em :hugs:

I agree, you are doing brilliantly gf

GF did you try gaviscon before? Or is this the first time you are trying gavsicon? You have done brilliantly well! I only lasted a week!

Arghh bad morning!! Put Oscar in his room to play with toys whike I bathed Jack...heard a big bang...went into his room to find he had climbed on to his bed then up onto the window sill and grabbed hold of the blinds and fell backwards and pulled them down!! All the plastic clips have snapped :growlmad: :growlmad:

having a day of excesrsise here fed up of beiing flabby i want to get back to the weight i was hapy at 8/10

Lou - Eek! :hugs:

Sophie rolled from back to front then from front to side :happydance: She has been so close for weeks, but never managed to move her arm out of the way! I missed the back to front though. Stupid bladder :(

Happy 3 months Jack :cloud9:

My plans for today involve popcorn and a Disney film marathon with the kidlets. Still have no TV channels, but BT Vision has updated with a load of Disney films so I don't care anymore :haha:

Got Wall-E on now, Dumbo is next :happydance:

omg love Wall-E. when sprog was little all we ever watched was Dumbo. lovefilm have also added a bunch of disney films but not Hercules which is my fave. we had all the classics on video, (yes we still have a vcr :) as i didnt trust sprog with dvd's when she was younger as she was rather clumsy and would drop the disk, kick it around whilst trying to pick it up.

fathers day and oh's birthday are always close together 16th and 18th this year. if sprog behaves i will try to get to the pottery place one day after school this week.

It looks like iceland are starting to do home deliveries :D If that happens in my area i wont have any excuse to go to town once a week as 95% of the bills are now DD, the local shops sell 95% of the stuff we use/need at reasonable prices so it will be once a month trip to town which should save a fair bit of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->