Baby Bugs Due February 2013

hey, ladies - haven't had time to post much b/c have spent the last 10 days non-stop nursing trying to get a supply.

now, with Jacob, my milk never came in - tried almost everything for 25 days, but nothing, nada. this time, decided to try the one thing i hadn't - placenta encapsulation - but was only going to give it a week instead of dragging things on for 25 days again.

well, got some milk this time, and got my hopes up, but it's not enough to feed baby full time. i've been nursing non-stop day and night, sitting in a rocking chair with baby for 10 days. we'll nurse for hours until he's too frustrated, then i'll give him a bottle and he'll down 2-3 oz of formula at one time - Jacob didn't eat that much in one sitting until he was a few months old!

anyway, i've decided it is no longer worth it - i'm putting nursing first ahead of my family, and i just can't do that any longer. going to wean to bottle now over the next few days... it was nice to experience nursing, but it's having a negative effect on my family.

so, that's what we've been up to - going to try harder to be in better touch - have read the pas t several pages and it seems things are tough for many in here - :hugs:

Hey Fides, seems some women get lots of milk, others just don't? You're def not alone, you did your best!

I've felt sad my milk didn't come in for quite a while now, and I've just recently been able to start letting go of the disappointment and feeling that I was inadequate bc of it. Right after Blakes birth and the entire time 7 weeks he was in NICU, I pumped and pumped (with a hospital grade pump) 7-10 times a day, setting the alarm in the middle of the night and getting up to pump. Hardly got anything, averaged around 60-100 ml a day. At first, that was a few feedings for him when he was so little, but after about a month, my supply started going down as his feedings increased. I kept at it, determined to make it work, all the while some nurses at NICU started giving me a hard time as my supply dwindled. I won't go into it, but it was upsetting. I was trying the best I could, but it was so frustrating. I kept thinking, maybe my boobies didn't know Blake was mine (since he was in NICU and I only saw him a couple times a day), maybe when he came home, my boobies would realize oh, you did have a baby, and my milk would suddenly flow :haha: silly, I know! Well, didn't happen. Soon I had to pump for 2 days to get 1 feeding for him, and then almost nothing. :cry: I just returned the pump about 2 weeks ago - did my best, that's all I could do.

There is nothing wrong with bottle feeding a baby. You do what you have to do and either way it's a personal choice. Breastfeeding is definitely not worth losing quality time with your family or stressing you out! :hugs:

I agree, do what's right for your family! Hugs!

6.30 am and lena has been awake most the night wont let me put her down so ive been awake with her dozing on n off on my chest not sure whats wrong with her think maybe too much stimulation yesterday with the doctor and then ikea and ogher furniture shops we went out at 2 didnt get back till half 8 , im feeling like i did wgen first home from hosp puffy eyes, sire scar and tearfull arghhh

aha its awonder week first mental leap makes sence with how shes been

Poor Lena and mommy. I miss sleep too.

Hugs to all the sleep deprived ladies. It's the hardest thing. Easier to cope with crying if I wasn't so tired.

Don't feel guilty about bottle feeding- you have to do what's right for you and your baby.

I'm bfing- got a white spot on my nipple. Touched it in shower and it bled a little. Any ideas what it is ? Was going to ask mw but she has cancelled as she has a chest infection.

Sounds like a milk blister Lindy. Blocked milk duct. Xx

So everyone whats been your best and worst purchase so far? Anything baby loves/hates?

p.s why does my baby sleep soundly while I am sat on sofa looking at her, second I get up/make a cup of tea/log on pc- she wakes up!? I swear they KNOW.

p.s why does my baby sleep soundly while I am sat on sofa looking at her, second I get up/make a cup of tea/log on pc- she wakes up!? I swear they KNOW.

Mei waits til i get half way up the stairs or until my arse hits the toilet seat.

Just ordered a breast pump so i can start expressing for when i return to work.

Sounds like a milk blister Lindy. Blocked milk duct. Xx

Thanks yellow - What do you do with them? X

Best purchase - I'd say bouncer and pram ( it is an overnight sleeper one so hoping I get loads of use!) :thumbup:
Worst purchase- euan the sheep , doesn't settle Thomas at all! Clothes other than sleep suits - sleep suits are the best thing for changing and comfort. :wacko:

I'm sure they have a sensor and know when we move or want to sleep its time to cry. :haha:

Mei waits til i get half way up the stairs or until my arse hits the toilet seat.

Just ordered a breast pump so i can start expressing for when i return to work.

Which pump have you gone for?

Jades only worn sleepsuits lol she has an infection on her wrist so has only worn next and tu sleepsuits as they have built in gloves on the end. I feel bad not using the newborn clothes but its such a fuss with socks etc and obviously now keeping cream on her wrist.

Best purchase the morrck for carseat. Its amazing if your in and out in buildings so they don't overheat. So much easier. Priceless!
Shes only slept in flat pram. Hates moses basket!

best purcgase / gift we have isthe fisherprice seahorse calns her straight away that and dummys lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->