Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Midnight, poor Jade, hope she feels better soon!

Blue, :hugs:, sorry you are having such a tough time and everyone is sick! Feel better!

Best buy has to be my wrap. I couldn't cope with not having both hands free at dinner time etc. it's just a cheap stretchy wrap but I love it.
And my super duper double buggy, love it!

Lindt, my DS has a Ewan the sheep and loves him! I can't get him to part with him for M. Lol. We've also had to perform minor surgery on it when one of the wires came loose. Lol.

I also love the chicco key fit car seat! So easy to install and so light.

Hey everyone, Im not surprised to hear that most people, if not everyone, is struggling and getting next to no help!!!
Em I hope things get much better over the next week or so!! I have cope with 2, so i can imagine 3 is pretty tough!!!

My mum has been up to stay and wanted to see the sights yesterday, so I took her to durham city, as its stunning! I ended up nearly losing my temper and having a minor breakdown, and we didnt even have my DS with us, he was at nursery. Emily was asleep in pram, and then as we went for a quick drink, she woke and screamed constantly. She had not long fed, and didnt have wind or poo bum, so i looked for dummy and realised i left it in the car!!! she would not give up for anything, and its so frustrating when people feel the need to stare!!! I nearly lost my temper with jo public!!! never mind, big mistake!!!
Emily was weighed today and is a proper chubmonkey. she has gained 2lb in a couple of weeks!!! Cant believe it really!!! She sleeping loads in the last 24 hours and the last few feeds, only having about 3 ounces and crashing out again!!!

Hugs to everyone and hope u all get some sleep!!!

feeling home sick again tonight and want my mum:cry: have barely slept and leba will only fall asleep on me, so fed up o the dont cuddle her to sleep comments what else am i meant to do when shes crying so much she starts chocking and gagging

Hugs ladies zxxx im struggling tonight too. Whisper I rocked and cuddled all mine to sleep. The older ones sleep fine now so just ignore others x

Sounds like everyone needs a hug!!

Big news today - Whitt passed his hearing test today finally - so glad as this would have meant that he needed to see an audiologist if he didn't:happydance:

We got a six hour stretch last night and then 2 more hours:happydance: - so stoked but mildly panicked when I woke up as poor baby needed to eat - we had to wake him after the 6 hr stretch! Trying to keep him to the 2-3 hr naps during the day as that and the gripe water in the evening seems to set us up for good sleeps :)

In other news, keep getting peed on:dohh: and poor Whitt peed today and it went in his mouth GAG

Best purchases -

My Breast Friend pillow - 100x better than the boppy. Was actually given to me
Zippered sleepers
Mittens
Pack and play with the napper and sound machine
Breast pump - been a life saver
No underwire nursing bra - I LIVE in this bra
Glider chair for downstairs and upstairs
Snuga monkey swing

Worst so far -

Binkies - doesnt really use them but this may change
swaddlers - he loved them but now wants to incrediable hulk out of them :(
2 story house - ugh I was not thinking about this stage of life when I was house shopping LOL!!!

TN the My Breast Friend pillow is definitely better than the Boppy. I wanted the MBF but when I went to Target all they had was Boppy and I needed one THAT DAY because I was so tired of using regular pillows lol. The Boppy works fine so I am pleased enough.

We have the Snugamonkey swing too! Weston loves it! Forgot about that one!

Weston is starting to break out of his swaddlers too lol...but he can only manage to get his arms out so I just let it go as after he finally gets them out he is so tired from the effort that he falls asleep!

Yay for Whitt passing his hearing test!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

Harry had a 50 minute feed at 8pm! :wacko: His longest ever! Then he had an 9 minute top-up at 10pm. I'm hoping this means we'll get a good night. <3

Great minds think alike! We have the snugamonkey swing, too! The matching snugamonkey bouncy chair is the one Blake likes so much. We got a deal at Target where the bouncy chair was free when you bought the swing. :thumbup:

Great news on Whitt's hearing test!!! TN - I'm actually hoping all these up and down the stairs help me lose some weight. :haha:

Whisper - if Lena is comforted by cuddles, I wouldn't listen to anyone else either. You're a good mom, and you know what she needs and likes!

Hope everyone has a better night tonight :hugs:

TN the My Breast Friend pillow is definitely better than the Boppy. I wanted the MBF but when I went to Target all they had was Boppy and I needed one THAT DAY because I was so tired of using regular pillows lol. The Boppy works fine so I am pleased enough.

We have the Snugamonkey swing too! Weston loves it! Forgot about that one!

Weston is starting to break out of his swaddlers too lol...but he can only manage to get his arms out so I just let it go as after he finally gets them out he is so tired from the effort that he falls asleep!

Yay for Whitt passing his hearing test!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

I didn't know anything about it until my other two friends told me and one gave up bf so she gave me hers! They sell it at babies r us if you decide to get another! Boppy is good too though! I have one of those too.

Great minds think alike! We have the snugamonkey swing, too! The matching snugamonkey bouncy chair is the one Blake likes so much. We got a deal at Target where the bouncy chair was free when you bought the swing. :thumbup:

Great news on Whitt's hearing test!!! TN - I'm actually hoping all these up and down the stairs help me lose some weight. :haha:

Whisper - if Lena is comforted by cuddles, I wouldn't listen to anyone else either. You're a good mom, and you know what she needs and likes!

Hope everyone has a better night tonight :hugs:

Thats one way to look at it LOL!! I just hate lugging everthing up and down and so weve got two stations set up!

Hey Fides, seems some women get lots of milk, others just don't? You're def not alone, you did your best!

I've felt sad my milk didn't come in for quite a while now, and I've just recently been able to start letting go of the disappointment and feeling that I was inadequate bc of it. Right after Blakes birth and the entire time 7 weeks he was in NICU, I pumped and pumped (with a hospital grade pump) 7-10 times a day, setting the alarm in the middle of the night and getting up to pump. Hardly got anything, averaged around 60-100 ml a day. At first, that was a few feedings for him when he was so little, but after about a month, my supply started going down as his feedings increased. I kept at it, determined to make it work, all the while some nurses at NICU started giving me a hard time as my supply dwindled. I won't go into it, but it was upsetting. I was trying the best I could, but it was so frustrating. I kept thinking, maybe my boobies didn't know Blake was mine (since he was in NICU and I only saw him a couple times a day), maybe when he came home, my boobies would realize oh, you did have a baby, and my milk would suddenly flow :haha: silly, I know! Well, didn't happen. Soon I had to pump for 2 days to get 1 feeding for him, and then almost nothing. :cry: I just returned the pump about 2 weeks ago - did my best, that's all I could do.

:hugs: i found reading other women's stories on the Fearless Formula Feeder blog helped a LOT last time around in making me feel normal - no one i know IRL couldn't BF, so reading stories of women who struggled really helped.

thanks for the support, ladies, i'm actually quite at peace about the decision, which is BIG compared to how i handled things last time around...

big :hugs: to the ladies not getting much help. today was DH's last day off of work - he's back to work on Monday - dreading Monday!!

lenajustwent nearly 4 n half hours between feeds and sleep:happydance: mummy finaly got 3 full hours un desturbed sleep

Well done Lena!!!

Sophie won't sleep unless she is attached to the boob, little monster :haha:

Fides I seem to be coping with not being able bf this time better than last time. After all I did everything I could possibly do. Yes it would be lovely but the happiness of everyone is so much more important. Xx

Yaaay Im officially able to join this thread now! Not had chance to catch up on the last ten pages or so but will catch up with everyone soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->