Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Mf- what's the morrck? Xx

I cant add link from phone but should come up if you Google. Its just a wrap for carseat but means I dont have to faff around getting a coat on her for school run. Put her straight in carseat and wrap it round. Means if I have to pop in school (which is like a sauna) I simply unwrap without unstrapping her then wrap it back when we go outside. Its good if your in/out alot x

Sounds good. Will have a look. Ideal for nipping to my mums etc. xxx

I think I've seen a few babies in those at school, they look very good!

Ruby is just in sleep suits too, I fussed about with the others and made them wear real clothes... Now its all about what easy and comfortable!

I debt think I regret buying anything this time round?
I wouldn't do without my sleep sensor mat though.

Things that went to waste last time was the baby bath and baby shoes.
Actually I wish I'd not bought and spent lots of money on Pampers Nappies- ive got about ten packs of various sizes and I've not discovered Asda Nappies are just as good.

How Is everyone today?
Ruby has a bit unsettled last night so I'm tired.
Anyone DH bother to ask how your night was? Mine doesn't even ask and it pissed me off! I think he should ask me how my night was sewing as I'm up for hours with his child.
Wonder if I will get a 'lay in' tomorrow?

Whisper, sorry you had a rough night :hugs:

Blake is finally getting comfortable in his crib, thank goodness, so we're getting a bit more sleep now. For about a week now, he's sleeping 3-4 hr stretches :happydance: he'll feed for 30-40 min and go back to sleep most of the time. He's a little night owl, though, doesn't like to settle down until 11 pm.

Dh and I worked out a system that seemed to be working well through the night - I get him before 2am, he takes over after 2am. He usually goes to bed earlier to get some extra hours just in case. Sometimes I'll hear Blake, peek at the clock just hoping and hoping it'll be after 2! :haha:

Best purchase - bouncy chair, Blake loves it, and I'm not sure how I'd be able to exercise on the treadmill in the basement with music playing without it. Also good for when we're eating meals. He also seems to like his Baby Einstein sound machine. It's an ocean theme with water/ocean type white noise as well as music. Nice part is the music is stuff like Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, instead of annoying sing-song stuff. We didn't attach it to the crib, just sitting on his dresser.

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Einstei...62150997&sr=8-2&keywords=baby+einstein+sounds

Hiys ladies, sorry I am so quiet, Sophie spends all day either attatched to my boobs, or screaming to go back on, no break at all.

Her cord came off today so popped her in the baby carrier and she is finally asleep, no crying! YAY!!!

Hopefully she will settle soon hun. First week was pre bad for us xx

We are currently doing the similar routine to you kitty. I have her till about 11/11.30 then oh stays up till 3am ish then its me again but least I get 4 hours ish :/ jem mine only knows and helps at night because he works afternoon/eve. I did everything for the older 2 and I had terrible pnd after #2 so after a heart to heart of how scared I was of getting it oh is helping more. Its hard though as I know what its like while you do it all and they don't ask!!!

Elsie went on a feeding marathon last night and my milk is coming in too. So tired and sore.

She's pretty good at night so far..... She'll feed and then sleep. She's not much of a wake baby right now.

Best thing I bought: the vibrating chair. Really good for poops and gas. The muslin blankets and my nursing pillow.

Which pump have you gone for?

we are getting the medela electric pump next month, the really annoying thing is that i had a medela pump with dd1 but it isnt in the loft so who knows where it went. only down side to the medela pump is the noise it makes, it sounds like a mooing cow :( so ive had to order a manual Avent pump for work.

Newt I love your lo's name.

Wiggler hope your get some rest soon.

Glad some of us have thoughtful oh.

I managed to get some ironing done this afternoon but I had to neglect my older two while I did it.

Rota I also 'lost' some stuff in the loft too! So annoying
X

I'm so jealous of you ladies who get help in the evening :( My OH went back to working night shifts when Connor was 5 days old so it's just me doing it all. He does 12 hour shifts and the drive to work takes him 3 hours there and back so when he gets home he just has to sleep as he works such long hours. I actually don't know if I can do this this :nope:

Em I promise promise on my life that next week will be better. Rysn went back to work when jade was 3days old and I swear I was going to break down. Since week 2 things seem to have fallen into place a lot more. I never thought it would happen and felt bad for Jade.
This week we have a slight more routine.
Jem my oh can be a RIGHT pain. Personally I think he has realised how much I done for the other 2 and has started feeling bad. I still rin the house though, would fall apart without me!!

Thank you hun I really hope it does- he goes to work in 10 minutes and I won't see him till Monday morning now :cry: I know I'll have to just cope, fingers crossed next week is better x

Embo hugs that would be so hard!

Embo :hugs: A friend told me when Blake was coming home to just focus on sleeping and eating, the rest you can sort out in time. It must be really hard with 2 other LOs at home! I think Midnight is right, you'll have a routine going in no time. We're here for you hun :hugs:

Sometimes when I get upset or frustrated since Blake has been home, I say to him, "Stop being such a baby!". It always gets me to smile and laugh, and changes up my mood. Such a silly thing really, but it has helped me a few times, especially in the middle of the night.

Oh Em, it's defo tough. You can do it though!! I feel like a wreck and I know I've got support from DH so it's easy for to say you can do it.
Like midnight said each day is getting better- yes I still have bad moments where I can't do everything at once but you just have to try and do your best.

We are all here for you so come on here and vent :) xxx

I feel for you Em, not quite as bad here but DH does split shifts (chef) so is only home for a couple hours in the afternoon, if at all. Then when he comes in at night he will get in with DS if he wakes, although that's helpful it still means I do everything with M.
He's been really insensitive though. DS has been really poorly so super clingy, M has had her reflux issues and now I'm getting a cold. I text him earlier to have a vent about how I hate feeling like I've broken our toddler because all I say to him is No and he's cried so much this week it breaks my heart.
DH text back saying 'I think your depressed' wow, thanks for that!,!

Aw bb :(
Sometimes this is so bloody stressful isn't it. Jade now has a cold. Joy.

Em, completely understand, my DH is gone most of the time working out of town and I'm all by myself with the baby. I can't imagine doing it by myself with 3 LOs--you deserve a medal!!!!!!!! :hugs:

Best baby purchases:
-Angelcare movement monitor (really helps me sleep and I don't worry as much)
-Halo sleepsacks (he sleeps SO well swaddled in these)
-Boppy newborn lounger (looks super comfy and props him up nicely, plus I can easily move it from room to room)
-Boppy feeding pillow (much better than using regular pillows to nurse him)
-Wipe warmer (for obvious reasons lol)
-Dr. Brown newborn pacifiers (fit his face and don't cover his nose, he loves them)
And I also love his carseat (Chicco Keyfit--it's so easy to install and use), and his bassinet (First Years Carry Me Near--it converts to a changing table, co-sleeper, and regular bassinet, has a vibration feature that keeps him calm, and he looks so comfortable in it).

Not so good purchases:
-Agree with Lindy, anything not a sleeper/onesie. The "regular" clothes are just so hard to put on and take off and he hates them.
-The stroller I got, it's so big for him and he slides down. He will have to be much much older before I can use it properly. Will have to buy him another I guess.
-ugly Philips Avent Soothies pacifiers...they are supposed to be so good for a newborn but they are HUGE and half cover his nose and the nipple is weird-looking. He will not even take them.
-Eddie Bauer front carrier (it's SO complicated that I gave up trying to adjust it after 5 minutes and bought an Infantino instead lol)

And I actually haven't used my expensive breast pump, TT bottles, or bottle warmer once. He feeds so often that I would literally have no time to pump in between. Maybe that will change when he is older but for now I feel like I wasted my money as I am here with him all the time and have no need to pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->