Baby Bugs Due February 2013

I'm getting blood and soreness when I poo too. Think it's a fissure which apparently is normal pp.

I can't wait to feel normal again and start exercising properly.

Babydreams, I've cut out dairy to see if it'll help with the wind- can't figure out if it's helped tho.

Mw has offered to check the surgeons handiwork down below but I've said no because of the bleeding. Might get her to have a look though to see if its the stitches or piles. Looks a bit jungle ish down there though but seriously nothing NOTHING is going near there!!!!

TNT, gripe water says from 4 weeks over here but I did find it a godsend with DS.

Lindy, try to to worry about MW looking down there, they've seen it all before! I had an infection in my stitches with DS so I'm glad I got the MW to check when I did or it would have dragged on even longer. Salt water baths helped.

As for piles/soreness, I had some suppositories prescribed. It's not the nicest thing having to put anything up there but they 100% helped. Definatley ask for something, thos of you struggling.

I'm not convinced my tummy will ever be the same again! I have horses and dogs though so am pretty active, hoping that will be enough to loose the weight. If I stop eating mars bars....

Im thinking of doing 30 day shred starting tomorrow :)

What's that Nix- thought you was back to pre pregnancy weight?

Yea don't worry about the midwife, my friend said her midwife smelly her bloody pad to determine if she had an infection!!
Plus my
Bits were a mess about epi, took about three weeks for the sweeping to go down
X

Mw seen it before hun it wont phase them. Xx

Omg id never have energy to do exercise programme atm lol good luck xx

lol Jem, I thought I might have an infection because of soreness and went to the doctor on Friday. She put a speculum in to swab and then when she took it out she smelled of it!!! I thought YUCK but she just acted like it was a normal everyday thing for her.

gflady I think I may try to just cut out the dairy too and see if that works.

I am booked to have my smear test at 6week check. I know its important but I feel like ive been poked around so much!
How come you were pushing placenta so long? With all 3 if mine the mw pulled it with a tightening?

? I've no idea? First time I've no idea what happens and sexing time they must have pulled it out or unless it fell out? Lol.

I was in the pool and after 20 mins they said we need you to pus the placenta out, so I tried and nothing was happening so they made me sit on the toilet with the pan underneath and I pushed it out after a while.
Was that not normal then? I didnt have that jab they give but Ruby did after she was weighed.
So my placenta came out after 40 mins.

Ruby keeps sucking her thumb today. When I had my 16 week scan she was sucking it then and the whilst in hospital before we came home she was sucking it then... Think she will be a thumb sucker... My first didnt suck her thumb until she was five months, didn't relise they actually did it this young? X

My sister sucked her thumb from birth and still does now - she is 23!

My placenta didn't come away easily this time, they tugged on it and waited 15 minutes but then I started gushing blood so had the injection - they still need to yank it out after the injection though. Urgh!

Watch 30 day shred on YouTube - it's high intensity 30 days 20 mins a day. I'm at pre preg weight but still had a stone of phoebe preg weight! I did lose it when she was 6 months for my wedding but put it on after! Currently 12st. I'm 5'9. I want to be 10st. But more importantly I want to be toned! Love to be a size 10. I'm 12/14 at mo.

Forgot how tiring cluster feeding is! I want my bed!! :haha:

Sophie has outgrown her newborn clothes :( she is a skinny little thing, but she is long. She is growing too fast, can't our babies stay tiny a while longer? :(

TNT, gripe water says from 4 weeks over here but I did find it a godsend with DS.

Lindy, try to to worry about MW looking down there, they've seen it all before! I had an infection in my stitches with DS so I'm glad I got the MW to check when I did or it would have dragged on even longer. Salt water baths helped.

As for piles/soreness, I had some suppositories prescribed. It's not the nicest thing having to put anything up there but they 100% helped. Definatley ask for something, thos of you struggling.

I'm not convinced my tummy will ever be the same again! I have horses and dogs though so am pretty active, hoping that will be enough to loose the weight. If I stop eating mars bars....

Thanks - the bottle I have says 2wks +? I haven't been giving the full dose anyhow...

I haven't looked down there either. tbh I don't want to know what childbirth did to me! this is tmi but I've thought this bleeding has had a distinct smell the whole time - not like infection but just...different from a period...

I may ask for some help at my 6wk visit if these piles arent better :(

For you girls wanting to do ab workouts you might read this before you start firing off crunches and sit ups:

https://inspiredrd.com/2012/06/dear-diastasis-recti-im-so-over-you.html

For you girls bf and thinking of cutting dairy, don't forget to watch what veggies you are eating too - I had a horrid night with Whitt and then realized I'd eaten brocolli and cauliflower like a dope. I've also heard tomatoes can bother their tummies...

TN, it DOES have a different smell...I think it's called lochia. That's one reason I thought I had an infection (I don't)...because the smell is so disgusting to me. The OB said it's just a normal blood smell but it's awful and is stronger in my opinion. Can't wait until it stops.

Thanks for the advice about veggies...I am not a vegetable eater anyways. Have never been able to eat anything green lol. I had a dinner with no dairy tonight and Weston is finally sleeping. He has only slept about 4 hours total last night and only an hour and a half the whole day, poor baby has been so gassy. :( He should hopefully sleep much better tonight!

Have any of you ladies with piles tried witch hazel pads?

I haven't tried witch hazel pads, but I've tried dabbing witch hazel directly onto piles using a kleenex. It worked pretty well.

I feel like Bennet is overeating :wacko: Is that weird? She ate for about 2 hours straight after a long nap tonight and practically emptied both breasts. She stopped in the middle with a super tight feeling tummy and the hiccups but wanted back on after she threw up a tiny bit!

She wouldn't settle afterwards so I know she was uncomfortable. Finally, she puked a bit more and has settled down. I think she overeats when she's uncomfortable otherwise, if that makes sense? Ie. this time I believe she's had to poop but is having a bit of trouble so wanted the boob for comfort. She doesn't just want to suck though because she won't take a pacifier or anything.

Obviously I don't want to just decide for her that she can't possibly be hungry because of course she gets angry and just cries and starts sucking on her hands/biting at my neck. Clearly that implies that she still needs to eat.

I'm probably just overthinking this and she's just in cluster feeding mode or something. :shrug:

She could be just cluster eating but getting a bit more air in her belly causing her to spit up? I'm not sure. It's probably just a crazy growth spurt and she'll be back to her normal eating soon.

TN, it DOES have a different smell...I think it's called lochia. That's one reason I thought I had an infection (I don't)...because the smell is so disgusting to me. The OB said it's just a normal blood smell but it's awful and is stronger in my opinion. Can't wait until it stops.

Thanks for the advice about veggies...I am not a vegetable eater anyways. Have never been able to eat anything green lol. I had a dinner with no dairy tonight and Weston is finally sleeping. He has only slept about 4 hours total last night and only an hour and a half the whole day, poor baby has been so gassy. :( He should hopefully sleep much better tonight!

Have any of you ladies with piles tried witch hazel pads?

Yes! I think so too - gross:wacko:

Glad the dairy swap has been successful - hopefully that is temporary for you - I couldn't do without dairy!

And yes tried witch hazel and prep H - they've gotten a bit smaller but that's not saying much unfortunately :( seems like they get a bit better and then regress when I have to poo.

Miss A I think theo comfort eats too. Asked my MW about and she said not to worry as it's very difficult to over feed a breastfed baby.

Used infacol with theo this evening and he was sick loads!!!! Think it's bad for his reflux, was dreadful after. But now his trapped wind is really bad as I didn't give the infacol. Rock and hard place.

Hi Ladies!

Finally migrating over here now and joining you all. You all seem waaaay ahead of me now :dohh:. I didnt get a little Lovebug, I ended up with a March 1st baby after a long induction but couldnt be any happier with him! I love his date of birth too 1-3-13 :)

I have been really struggling breast feeding, my nipples are bruised and cracked and have bled too so I resorted to bottles and formula to make sure he was getting fed but have gone back to the boob to really try push things along...my milk has come in today so I am hoping that this will make things a little easier.

I had a second degree tear giving birth which surprisingly is not even sore! It has been stitched in layers from the muscle upwards and from the vaginal wall outwards so there are a lot of stitches but I am astonished at how normal I feel down there (quite a difference from when I had my episiotomy with DS1!) Piles are a bit sore but they were there before I gave birth anyway so not a massive deal.

I need to write my birth story before I forget all the details so will try and get that done soon too! Jack is a little star, very quiet, barely cries! I am struggling with getting a routine established with his feeding at the moment, he just seems to be all over the place (sometimes he can go hours without a feed and other times he will want another feed after about an hour).

Anyway, hope everyone is okay! Catch up with you all soon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->