Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Oh no em :(

I am on edge about colic too, Its making me go a bit loopy with paranoia about it. :(

Hope Lily is ok xx

Yea Im on edge- she's really fine in herself just being sick :( I'm making her wash her hands constantly and keep her distance from Connor but I bet he gets it :(

:(
Rubys got a barking cough! Poor 2nd/3rd babies hey wilth the older ones spreading germs. I was literally cringing this morning as Ruby was sat in the middle next to the car seat coughing away grrr.

:lol: sounds like me- I suppose it means they get their immune system built up quicker (this is what I'll tell myself)

Sounds so selfish but Tuesdays is when both Lily and Jack go to school/nursery all day so I get a break and now it won't be happening so I know its awful but I won't be getting any naps now tomorrow :cry:

nah doesnt sound selfish hun, I felt like crying when I realised its only 3 weeks till they are off for easter :( ughhhhhhhhh

:hugs: embo and MF. Hope your LOs don't get colic and that your others get well soon.

MF, I'm pretty sure it's reflux. He's got all the symtpoms- hiccups, coughs and tries to clear throat when lying flat, sick lots, comfort feeding. Going to call Drs first thing tomorrow morning to get an appointment. Apparently there's some good medication out there for it. He's finally settled now for a nap but not long before his next feed is due and the whole cycle starts all over again!

You poor thing. I hope doctors goes ok.
Have you got a sling for him? I bet he would like a stretchy sling and least it would allow you some hands free time while holding him x

GF Ive heard baby gaviscon is excellent for reflux, they might offer you that at the doctors.

Anyone know how we go about registering our babies- Ive completely forgotten who to ring!

Oh shiz I totally forgot too! I am just going to google "registering your baby and then my postcode" I know they dont do it in the village anymore!

Thanks guys. Hoping the Drs will give me something for him. Have a sling so I'll give that a go. I've started putting him to sleep on his side in the day to try and help too.

We had to make an appt at our local registry office to register Theo. Was really straight forward according to DH (he did it).

I googled and got an appointment for next week on OH's day off as he has to be there too as we're not married :lol:

GF Ive always put my babies asleep on their sides too :)

Jade sleeps on side too even at night . maths the only one who slept on back and he's got a flat head! Side is much better for wind x

Flip, I haven't been on in a couple of days and the thread has moved 20 pages! I'll have to get reading later to catch up!

Have had a really busy weekend. Daniel got baptised yesterday so we were getting ready for that and then my dh had a wisdom tooth out this morning so I've been looking after him.

We got Daniel weighed this morning and he is up to 10lb 13ozs, so we were really happy. He gets his first injections tomorrow morning so I'm not looking forward to that! I have the calpol at the ready for before he goes!

Embo- is there anything you can do to prevent colic?

Sounds like our LO are all getting demanding!! It's draining. I hear Thomas cry and know he wants my boobs. It's exhausting!!

No kidding - I feel like a milk version of a soda machine!

Thanks embo. Did you give your LO anything for it? It's such a viscious circle as he's sick then wants a comfort feed/suck so it happens again. Not sure what to do. And I can't keep up with all the washing of his baby grows! Going to run out of clean ones x

Hoping he gets better:hugs: - are you burping him in the middle of the feed too? I found that helps Whitt a bit...

I don't think theres anything to prevent it happening but we found the techniques by 'happiest baby on the block' really helpful when Lily had it. Lots of tight swaddling and shushing and she would calm down a bit- it was hours and hours of non stop crying with her though, I honestly don't know how I'll cope if it happens this time round with 2 other kiddos at home.

ALSO I was about to drop my son at nursery when I got a phone call from my daughters school telling me she's just puked everywhere in class :nope: Half her class are off with this sickness bug- can't believe it! Just what I need with a 10 day old baby in the house :dohh:

Happiest baby on the block was that link I posted yesterday in case anyone wants to check it out ;)

Good news on the weight Best!

Hope everyone is doing ok today - we had a crap night last night - he was up every hour fussing and wanting to eat but then fussing in the middle of eating - I know, I am not sure how that's possible with a nipple in your mouth but he's being quite sassy about it. Not sure what's going on with that. I know he's exhausted as he didn't have any long stretches of sleep since yesterday morning.

I've also found that he's having milk run out of his nose when I cross cradle hold him and wondering if that's what's made him fussy? All I know is I am exhausted today.

:hugs: embo and MF. Hope your LOs don't get colic and that your others get well soon.

MF, I'm pretty sure it's reflux. He's got all the symtpoms- hiccups, coughs and tries to clear throat when lying flat, sick lots, comfort feeding. Going to call Drs first thing tomorrow morning to get an appointment. Apparently there's some good medication out there for it. He's finally settled now for a nap but not long before his next feed is due and the whole cycle starts all over again!

That's what Thomas is like- always hiccups and the sound painful. The minute you put him in crib it sounds like he is choking and he constantly wants feeding. Let me know how you get on xx

Jude has reflux, we have gaviscon but he is still suffering so taking him back tomorrow for something else to be prescribed.

MrsS, he may be. I've got a strong letdown so I think that makes it worse too. He's up to birth weight but it's got worse since his last weigh in. Being weighed tomorrow by hv so will see then. Wouldn't be surprised if he's lost some. :hugs: MrsS. This parenting deal is tough! Xxx

I also have a strong let down. Things I do to help Elsie is lean back so gravity slows it down. I also burp her five mins in to the feed. I also don't switch boobs. She feeds at one boob each time to make sure she gets some hind milk. If I'm really engorged I will express some out or pump the first let down out.
My dr said she will adjust to it in time but right now she's really gassy and has had a couple of green fore milk poops.

MrsS, he may be. I've got a strong letdown so I think that makes it worse too. He's up to birth weight but it's got worse since his last weigh in. Being weighed tomorrow by hv so will see then. Wouldn't be surprised if he's lost some. :hugs: MrsS. This parenting deal is tough! Xxx

I also have a strong let down. Things I do to help Elsie is lean back so gravity slows it down. I also burp her five mins in to the feed. I also don't switch boobs. She feeds at one boob each time to make sure she gets some hind milk. If I'm really engorged I will express some out or pump the first let down out.
My dr said she will adjust to it in time but right now she's really gassy and has had a couple of green fore milk poops.

I have the exact same problem, forceful let down and oversupply. Weston chokes and sputters and pulls off the boob entirely after the initial let down. The lactation consultants told me to always make sure his head is higher than his body, and that does help a little. I can't feed him in the regular laying across position at all, I always do the football hold down the side so he's at an angle and doesn't get any milk down the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->