Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Lovely to hear from you. Hope you sort the bf but remember to enjoy him too :)

Hi everyone.

How are you all? Sorry not had a proper chance to read back!?

Today sorting the kids for school and its dawned on me, that horrible thought when you realise that right now Jade is probably the easiest she will ever be :S This morning and every morning rush is so busy making sure they have lunch, homework packed, uniform on etc and my 6 yr old decided she no longer liked her cardigan and took about 40mins to decide on what headband to wear. My 8 yr old insisted on hiding the sky remote to wind his sister up and then battle of the siblings round~90000 started. Poor jade just sits their in her bouncer. Sorry Jade but I am not giving you a sibling close in age like those two! LOL.
Dropped the kids off, walked back to the car the long way to get Jade to sleep and then decided to go to Asda, picked up some more bottles, a handbag for me, hair stuff for DD and socks for us all and then left. Jades still asleep. How can babies sleep through so much noise? Mind you, shes probably used to it after the racket the other 2 make!

Hope your all ok. x

Hehe! We make a point of not pandering to Harry re: noise when he's asleep in the day, so that he'll sleep through anything! I dried my hair next to him sleeping the other day. :) When it's night time though, we turn the lights down and speak in hushed tones so he'll distinguish night from day.

I hope this isn't the easiest it will be! I'll be much happier when he can tell/show me what's wrong!

Impressive MF! Sounds like chaos. We're having a relaxed morning then need to venture out for tea bags!

Smiley, Theo doesn't have a routine at all yet! I still need to write my birth story too.

I started rewriting my birth story, so when that is finally finished, I'll update my thread. :)

Yikes I have one unsettled little baby here today :cry:

I haven't tried witch hazel pads, but I've tried dabbing witch hazel directly onto piles using a kleenex. It worked pretty well.

I feel like Bennet is overeating :wacko: Is that weird? She ate for about 2 hours straight after a long nap tonight and practically emptied both breasts. She stopped in the middle with a super tight feeling tummy and the hiccups but wanted back on after she threw up a tiny bit!

She wouldn't settle afterwards so I know she was uncomfortable. Finally, she puked a bit more and has settled down. I think she overeats when she's uncomfortable otherwise, if that makes sense? Ie. this time I believe she's had to poop but is having a bit of trouble so wanted the boob for comfort. She doesn't just want to suck though because she won't take a pacifier or anything.

Obviously I don't want to just decide for her that she can't possibly be hungry because of course she gets angry and just cries and starts sucking on her hands/biting at my neck. Clearly that implies that she still needs to eat.

I'm probably just overthinking this and she's just in cluster feeding mode or something. :shrug:

Thomas is the same when feeding. My boobs feel empty when he finishes then half an hour later its like he wants more! Sometimes I feel he is feeding for comfort.

TN, it DOES have a different smell...I think it's called lochia. That's one reason I thought I had an infection (I don't)...because the smell is so disgusting to me. The OB said it's just a normal blood smell but it's awful and is stronger in my opinion. Can't wait until it stops.

Thanks for the advice about veggies...I am not a vegetable eater anyways. Have never been able to eat anything green lol. I had a dinner with no dairy tonight and Weston is finally sleeping. He has only slept about 4 hours total last night and only an hour and a half the whole day, poor baby has been so gassy. :( He should hopefully sleep much better tonight!

Have any of you ladies with piles tried witch hazel pads?

Yes! I think so too - gross:wacko:

Glad the dairy swap has been successful - hopefully that is temporary for you - I couldn't do without dairy!

And yes tried witch hazel and prep H - they've gotten a bit smaller but that's not saying much unfortunately :( seems like they get a bit better and then regress when I have to poo.

I feel ok and then when I feel a poo coming I know the pain is coming and then I ache for a bit afterwards. Don't think the iron tablets I have to take because of the blood transfusions helps the situation.

Same here embo and I'm so tired. He had trapped wind all night. Poor little man must be as exhausted as me.

:hugs: Lindy :hugs: We have wind troubles here too, Its day 10 and I'm sure its the colic brewing- praying I'm wrong :(

My back is absolutely killing me, I'm sure it's because I haven't been able to take my bra off yet because of leaky boobies- also got the midwife coming today no idea when though blergh I hate waiting in all day!

This morning, I've started making Harry wait for feeds. Well, sort of. He fed this morning, either side of a nappy change from the same boob, for short periods. Then, an hour and a half later, started crying for another feed. The midwife told me anything under two hours doesn't give his tummy time to empty, so he would only feed for comfort - and again, probably only for a short time and would fall asleep at the breast (as he does ALWAYS). So, I rocked him to sleep and he's still asleep now. Whenever he wakes up, I'll feed him and hopefully, he'll feed for longer and get the hindmilk.

He's still not back to birth weight, and I think it's because he only has the foremilk and falls asleep before the good stuff kicks in. I hope this works!!

Harry sounds similar to theo. maybe i should try what you're doing.

Having a rough morning here- Theo's just been sick 7 times after last feed and is upset from terrible wind. Hate it. And have to wait til tomorrow to be able to get a dr's appt :(

oh Blimey GF that must be very hard :( Connor doesn't get sick but my 1st baby used to projectile vomit most of her feed back up a lot which was horrific for me especially as I breast fed her and just felt like it all went to waste :blush:

Aw hun. Is he taking too much air? <3 Is Theo over birth weight now? I'm so worried about Harry's weight!

Thanks embo. Did you give your LO anything for it? It's such a viscious circle as he's sick then wants a comfort feed/suck so it happens again. Not sure what to do. And I can't keep up with all the washing of his baby grows! Going to run out of clean ones x

MrsS, he may be. I've got a strong letdown so I think that makes it worse too. He's up to birth weight but it's got worse since his last weigh in. Being weighed tomorrow by hv so will see then. Wouldn't be surprised if he's lost some. :hugs: MrsS. This parenting deal is tough! Xxx

Embo- is there anything you can do to prevent colic?

Sounds like our LO are all getting demanding!! It's draining. I hear Thomas cry and know he wants my boobs. It's exhausting!!

Thanks embo. Did you give your LO anything for it? It's such a viscious circle as he's sick then wants a comfort feed/suck so it happens again. Not sure what to do. And I can't keep up with all the washing of his baby grows! Going to run out of clean ones x

I didn't back then I just assumed it was terrible colic - looking back on it now I'm pretty sure she had severe reflux :nope: I was constantly washing sleepsuits, I had so many in the end to keep up with the washing :dohh:

Hehe! We make a point of not pandering to Harry re: noise when he's asleep in the day, so that he'll sleep through anything! I dried my hair next to him sleeping the other day. :) When it's night time though, we turn the lights down and speak in hushed tones so he'll distinguish night from day.

I hope this isn't the easiest it will be! I'll be much happier when he can tell/show me what's wrong!

Yeah we have never been silent while they sleep. The older 2 still sleep though anything even hoover etc it makes life so much easier! At night we are a bit quieter but I wont have my tv quiet and we still ponder around and have baths etc and don't worry about noise. Our routine is pretty much ready made because of the other 2. So I guess when they get up we open curtains etc and have brekkie and at night its dinner/showers/stories/calm time so I guess jade just fits in with our routine. She enjoys story time and Ruby has even been picking stories she thinks Jade will like such as poem ones!

Whats up with him :( What I thought was wind with jade turnt out to be over tiredness.

:hugs: Lindy :hugs: We have wind troubles here too, Its day 10 and I'm sure its the colic brewing- praying I'm wrong :(

My back is absolutely killing me, I'm sure it's because I haven't been able to take my bra off yet because of leaky boobies- also got the midwife coming today no idea when though blergh I hate waiting in all day!

My bra actually gave me a cut where it dug into me, ouch! Not long then you can take it off. I hate it when MW dont give a time, I expect they will discharge you both now?

This morning, I've started making Harry wait for feeds. Well, sort of. He fed this morning, either side of a nappy change from the same boob, for short periods. Then, an hour and a half later, started crying for another feed. The midwife told me anything under two hours doesn't give his tummy time to empty, so he would only feed for comfort - and again, probably only for a short time and would fall asleep at the breast (as he does ALWAYS). So, I rocked him to sleep and he's still asleep now. Whenever he wakes up, I'll feed him and hopefully, he'll feed for longer and get the hindmilk.

He's still not back to birth weight, and I think it's because he only has the foremilk and falls asleep before the good stuff kicks in. I hope this works!!
Sounds like a plan you have it sussed :) hope it works xx

Harry sounds similar to theo. maybe i should try what you're doing.

Having a rough morning here- Theo's just been sick 7 times after last feed and is upset from terrible wind. Hate it. And have to wait til tomorrow to be able to get a dr's appt :(

Have you thought about reflux (sorry not read back) That normally causes sicky unsettled baby x

Embo- is there anything you can do to prevent colic?

Sounds like our LO are all getting demanding!! It's draining. I hear Thomas cry and know he wants my boobs. It's exhausting!!

:hugs::hugs:

BTW with my other post I mean its easier when kids can tell you what they want but the problems become bigger lol atm all Jade NEEDS is food, nappy changed, sleep etc

I don't think theres anything to prevent it happening but we found the techniques by 'happiest baby on the block' really helpful when Lily had it. Lots of tight swaddling and shushing and she would calm down a bit- it was hours and hours of non stop crying with her though, I honestly don't know how I'll cope if it happens this time round with 2 other kiddos at home.

ALSO I was about to drop my son at nursery when I got a phone call from my daughters school telling me she's just puked everywhere in class :nope: Half her class are off with this sickness bug- can't believe it! Just what I need with a 10 day old baby in the house :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->