Baby Bugs Due February 2013

I brought colief but it was quite a faff as bottles in fridge had to wait 4hours to work? I used a bottle of it but when it ran out I didnt get anymore lol. Glad its worked for you though x

Jades now 8lb 8oz. 9oz on a week again. Shes staying steady on same line :)

money stressontop of a new baby is not fun:dohh:

im with you on that one :nope:

My avent manual pump arrived and im in love with it. im not bothering to buy the electric one as the manual works fab. 15 mins and 4oz later :thumbup:

struggling with trapped wind and then the feed being bought up :dohh: infacol is working (when fluffy brained mummy remembers to a,give it or b,where she has put it)

My avent manual pump arrived and im in love with it. im not bothering to buy the electric one as the manual works fab. 15 mins and 4oz later :thumbup:

struggling with trapped wind and then the feed being bought up :dohh: infacol is working (when fluffy brained mummy remembers to a,give it or b,where she has put it)

With you on remembering the infacol. Usually remember 10mins into feed!
How do you mix expressing milk and bf ?

With you on remembering the infacol. Usually remember 10mins into feed!
How do you mix expressing milk and bf ?

i expressed the other boob as Bug had finished her feed on one and seemed satisfied and went to sleep.The milk i expressed is so that i can have a hot meal tonight whilst oh feeds meibug as cold food is no fun, plus OH wants to be more involved. kinda hoping she can flip between breast and bottle as i love our boobie cuddles but she will have to take a bottle when i go back to work.

I want to express so can feed while out and about if no feeding rooms or to let dh give LO a feed. Xx

I want to do that too, Rota. But the timings of feeds and expressing (so as not to overproduce) give me anxiety! How do you balance that?

We went to the clinic, and Harry is finally over birth weight! :happydance: He's now 6lbs 3.5ozs (2.5ozs over birth weight, and 5ozs more than his last weigh in on Thursday). Yessss!! No more worrying about feeding! Someone please tell me that every day. :wacko:

yay well done Harry!! I had the HV over today and although she sounded very snotty on the phone she was actually lovely

There is so much conflicting advice on expressing and BF'ing on here. I hadnt thought about over production of milk.

At the moment i think i will just pump twice a day, one bottle for OH to feed her and one bottle for the freezer stash and pray that this works.

That makes sense. I wouldn't have thought that would make a huge difference in production. :)

So much to catch up on. I see a lot seems to be about trapped wind... how can you tell that it's trapped wind and not just having to poop? Bennet seems to be struggling to push out her poops quite often lately... could this actually just be trapped wind and I'm mixing them up?

She had such a good sleep last night... only woke twice... but I feel even more tired today than yesterday! It's starting to set in that I may not get a real sleep for months... :wacko:

Snapped a super cute pic yesterday... :cloud9:

https://i47.tinypic.com/snlyf5.jpg

The only reason I know it's trapped wind is he seems to poop with no effort at all but when he cries and I think it's wind it is a high pitched scream and he pulls his legs up eventually get a big burp or trump!!

Hi ladies!

Good luck Harry and hi Farida! Good to see you.

And yes money sucks :hugs:

Seems like babies are either on a roll giving us good nights or bad nights as a group :haha: We had a good night as he slept in 3, 3hr blocks - poor guy was so tired I think it was inevitable - he fussed and didn't really sleep or eat well from about 530 until about 10pm and we finally gave in and gave him expressed milk in a bottle as he was fussing on the breast so badly (because of gas I think) he wasn't getting enough hindmilk to sleep (or at least this was my theory).

He did great! At first didn't know what to make of it, but then put away 3oz like a champ :) I was worried about trying to feed him on the breast after that, but he had no trouble and nursed three times since the bottle with no fussing. :happydance:

So we are going to start introducing a bottle now to some feeds to have some help from DH. I've been planning to do it this week anyways, as I was told not to wait too long as some babies won't take it after too long. I am excited to not have to be up everytime at night and to be able to go out with a packed bottle or longer than 2hrs:D:happydance:

As for expressing and feeding, I make enough milk for Whitt to feed only on one side, so I pump the other and freeze it. I don't offer both breasts at each feeding as I have so much milk. I started pumping the right side at every other feeding to try and settle down my milk a bit, but I am definitely engorged with about 4-5oz after 4hrs. Not full I can pump about 3-4oz if I wanted. I am kind of afraid to do it any less as I don't want one side to dry up lol! That would look odd...

And this is strange, but does anyone else feel like hoarding milk??? I guess it's some kind of mothering instinct. I get really peeved when I have to pour it out if I have left it out too long...I feel very reassured when I see my freezer supply and probably the reason I keep pumping even though I have more than enough milk...:shrug:

Re: his fussing, I think I've had a bit too much caffeine as of late. Testing that to see if no caffeine helps today. Which sucks as I am so tired :wacko:

I think I need to start expressing too. Elsie only feeds on one boob each feed. My flow is just to fast for her and I need her to drink the hind milk so I can't switch mid feed. I'm worried that my milk will dwindle.

I only offer one boob each feed too. Harry always falls asleep at the boob! My mum calls him a boob snoozer. He'll also only feed for 5-20 minutes each feed. :shrug:

I want to express, but don't know when is the best time to start, and the best times to do it so as not to over produce. My boobs sometimes get engorged, but I just feed from the most engorged first, and it's fine again. I know I can hand express if I really need to, if they get too massive/uncomfortable.

I'm worried about that too swaffer. I'm waiting to see what happens but if I find I'm decreasing supply I'm going to rent a hospital grade one for a month to kick it up again.

I hate expressing, I have a pump and only used it once, I don't think I'll use it again for a while lol. Sophie can't take a bottle well anyway because of her lip and tongue tie, luckily they don't affect BF too much unless I am too tired to make sure her latch is perfect.

Little lady had a 9 hour cluster feed yesterday, then spent most of the mOrning on the boob, she gets weighed again tomorrow and if she hasn't gained I will fall off my chair in shock .

We have just been diagnosed with thrush which is horrible, OH is out getting our meds now, I hope they don't take too long to work.

Sorry I have been crap at keeping up with this thread, between the BF issues, constant feeding, lack of sleep and the other kids I am zonked lol. Hope everyone is well x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->