Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Have changed to aptamil (had to be most expensive!) to help with his pooing and straining. If it doesn't work tho I'm going back to cow and gate! Why couldn't breast feeding just work!

DD1 had major issues with constipation and FF. HV advised giving a small amount of orange juice heavily diluted which helped a little bit (but this was almost 9 years ago so advice may have changed since then).

OH just mentioned that he has heard of people getting help towards aptamil if its for a 'health reason'- Try asking GP/paediatrician

we had toswitch to aptamil too and her tummy seems so much happyer, aptamil have areflux milk too we used comfort when her tum was at its worse and helped with her bloating and constipation

Morning ladies. I'm tired again. Weston has gone back to doing every 2-3 hours at night. He WAS giving me either one stretch of 5 and one of 3 or two of 4 hours overnight. Maybe he is in a growth spurt.

He is looking nice and chunky these days lol:happydance: :) 20130305_17 (800x600).jpg

Could be hun, there is a growth spurt at around 3 weeks.

I hope these thrush meds kick in soon, fed up of feeds being this painful now. Got mw coming over in a few hours, I'm really nervous about Sophie's weigh in.

I'm sure she will have gained.
Happy 5 weeks Lena.

I'm going to get Ruby weighed tomoz, I think she is near 10lb?

good luck xxx

have we all had babies now?

Anyone else have a journal on here I can stalk lol?

Ooh I have just left Daniel with his nanny and granda for the first time! I'm back at home getting my cleaning done.

I knew that I would have to leave him at some stage with someone other than his daddy but I'm hoping that his grandparents are going to look after him when I go back to work in October so I want him to get used to being there. I left him at 2 and I'm going to leave my house to walk round to their house about 4 so ill be there about half past. The house seems really strange without him!

He will be totally fine hun and will be used to it and you will be happier knowing he is having fun :) x

Elodie got weighed today, she is back up to 7lb 1oz (from 6lb 13oz at day 5) so she has 6oz still to go to her birthweight.

She is gaining much better than Ivy did and the midwife has discharged us because she is happy with her gain since day 5 and feeding is going well.

I hate weigh ins though - they make me feel really stressed :nope:

I'm not sure what Bennet is at now, but she had surpassed her birth weight already by day 5! :) (birth weight was 7lbs 13oz) Little piggy. Doc was so happy with her that we don't have to go back to see him until she's a month.

When I think about it 5oz in 5 days is fine, it would mean she should gain 7oz in a week.

Ivy is really petite (23lbs at 27 months) so it makes sense Elodie isn't going to be huge either! I just hate this early feeding stage and feeling all insecure.

My babies always gain weight super fast but my nearly four year old is just 26lb and my 2 year 1 month old is only 19lb!!
So I expect Ruby will follow suit?

Just looking at my discharge sheet and it says 'active labour 30mins'
'3rd stage labour 33mins)
Is 3rd stage labour from delivery to placenta?
And is the active labour from gas and air?? Coz 30mins would be from when I got gas and air...? And 10mins later my waters went and 20mins I had Ruby.
But I got to the hospital 3 hours before that but as my contractions were every 7 mins am I right in assuming they didn't think I was in established labour (although the contraction pain was intense)

What everyone up to Morhers Day? I guess a lot of you it will your first one :)
How special x

AP, Harry also put on 5ozs in 5 days as of yesterday. :) I thought that was pretty good.

He's doing a lot of comfort feeding today. I'm wondering whether to give him a dummy. Hmm! I don't think DH will allow it, and I don't mind feeding if it's convenient.

He's also fighting sleep right now, and he's bee awake for a good two hours with a lot of stimulation in town. I comfort fed him for 5 minutes and put him down, but now he's squirmy!

It will be my first Mothers' Day on Sunday! I can't believe it. :) The only thing is, DH has to work from 4pm that day, but we shall have a nice morning with our Haribo. :cloud9:

Jade loves her dummy lol she only really has it for sleep but its saved my sanity! Babies love to suck!

Have you all had a good day? Poor jades been dragged in and out all dsy again but she has to get used to our life. Least she is content with being dragged out of bed lol my mum said the 3rd babies bring up themselves lmao I think its true.

My 2 are small also. My 9yr old is in age 4-5 clothes! Im only 5ft 1 so they are like me. They are both under 3 stone.
Maybe jade will be tall like her daddy.

If you are bfing mrsswaff I would hold off the dummy for a little while as the comfort sucking helps build your supply too - once feeding is nice and established loads of my bfing friends have used a dummy with no problems.

Jem - wow your kids are so dinky! It is amazing how they grow so differently but seem to find a level when they are toddlers.

Midnight - I am only 5ft 1 too! Ivy is short like me...poor child! Elodie is only just over 7lb but newborn clothes are too short for her and she is solidly in Next 'up to one month'. I think she will be taller, more like her Daddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->