Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Weston loves his pacifier and haven't had any problems with milk supply. He takes it at night, in the car, and if he's being especially fussy. Works like a charm! He will actually spit it out if he's hungry and not just wanting to comfort-suck (that's how I know the difference).

Don't really know what he weighs now, like Miss A he was back up to birth weight at 6 days (7 lbs, 14 oz) so he doesn't have another appointment until 1 month. That's next Friday on the 15th so I guess we will find out weight then, but he feels heavier and is starting to grow out of his newborn clothes!

I got all confused when Mother's Day was brought up! Did a quick Google and found that you ladies in the UK celebrate on March 10th. We have to wait until May. I'm looking forward to it already, with it being my first one :blush:. Hope your hubbies and babies treat you all well :)

I worry for Bennie that she will grow to be REALLY tall... kind of irrational... but my entire family is tall (I'm 5'9 and the shortest of everyone, husband is 6'2, brother is tallest at 6'8). I just know personally I would hate being any taller than I am now... already I feel uncomfortable wearing heels and such. Silly, I guess... but I know most ladies don't like feeling "large".

My little boy got weighed today and is 8lb 3oz which is 3oz heavier than birth weight! Im not surprised in the slightest as all he does is feed feed feed feed. I have given up breast feeding today as I cannot keep up anymore...constantly feeding him and trying to watch a toddler as well is too much hard work so we are on formula now! Seems to keep him fuller for linger too which is a bonus!

He is sleeping well at night, last night he went for four hours without waking. We have been co-sleeping though because he sleeps much better but going to nip that in the bud soon....want him to be able to stay in his own bed!

i have such a sore tummy think have straned my muscles that were still healing owchy

Oh no whisper :-(

Jade spits out dummy when hungry to. I find the dummy helps me know what she wants. If she is fussing and spits it out then she's hungry but if she's fussing and takes it then she will comfort suck to sleep.

Jack has a dummy when he is fussing but doesn't take it for long!

I'm so tired. Feel weepy because I'm so tired. Dh is moody because he is tired so I cope all day then when he comes in we start alright but then Thomas starts crying. He gets cranky because of the crying - which I deal with all day- and it drives me mad. I'm too tired to get angry I just get upset. Sleep deprivation sucks!!!

We decided not to give daniel a dummy and so far we are coping. Neither me or DH had one when we were babies so that is why we made the decision to not give him one!

I am really glad that I left Daniel with my inlaws for a few hours today - I got so much done in the house and then I could concentrate on him when we came home again.

Hope you enjoyed break. Lindy :( hugs its so hard. Maybe have a deal that if you leave oh for an hour after he gets home that he will then take the baby for a while xx

My birth story (finally), its a bit long and boring so I do apologise :haha:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...ction-story-hello-baby-jack.html#post25902041

DH didn't have a dummy when he was a baby and I did until I was about 3. Since then, I've been a persistent nail-biter, and have never been able to kick the habit (so far). That's why I would rather not give Harry a dummy, but it just crossed my mind today noticing him comfort feeding.

My other two have been a pain at bedtime lol jades a doddle in comparison! Have noticed she has awake periods 8am-10am...1-3pm and 5-7pm. I rotate her from my lap, playmat and chair. I try and walk round the house into different rooms!

I'm not sure what Bennet is at now, but she had surpassed her birth weight already by day 5! :) (birth weight was 7lbs 13oz) Little piggy. Doc was so happy with her that we don't have to go back to see him until she's a month.

Us too - I am guessing Whitt is over 10lbs

When I think about it 5oz in 5 days is fine, it would mean she should gain 7oz in a week.

Ivy is really petite (23lbs at 27 months) so it makes sense Elodie isn't going to be huge either! I just hate this early feeding stage and feeling all insecure.

My dr said they shoot for 1oz a day weight gain to be the healthy average. :thumbup:

AP, Harry also put on 5ozs in 5 days as of yesterday. :) I thought that was pretty good.

He's doing a lot of comfort feeding today. I'm wondering whether to give him a dummy. Hmm! I don't think DH will allow it, and I don't mind feeding if it's convenient.

He's also fighting sleep right now, and he's bee awake for a good two hours with a lot of stimulation in town. I comfort fed him for 5 minutes and put him down, but now he's squirmy!

It will be my first Mothers' Day on Sunday! I can't believe it. :) The only thing is, DH has to work from 4pm that day, but we shall have a nice morning with our Haribo. :cloud9:

If you are bfing mrsswaff I would hold off the dummy for a little while as the comfort sucking helps build your supply too - once feeding is nice and established loads of my bfing friends have used a dummy with no problems.

Jem - wow your kids are so dinky! It is amazing how they grow so differently but seem to find a level when they are toddlers.

Midnight - I am only 5ft 1 too! Ivy is short like me...poor child! Elodie is only just over 7lb but newborn clothes are too short for her and she is solidly in Next 'up to one month'. I think she will be taller, more like her Daddy.

I've given Whitt a pacifier/binkie when he's in his swing - he likes it. No problems breastfeeding with it introduced.:thumbup:

I'm so tired. Feel weepy because I'm so tired. Dh is moody because he is tired so I cope all day then when he comes in we start alright but then Thomas starts crying. He gets cranky because of the crying - which I deal with all day- and it drives me mad. I'm too tired to get angry I just get upset. Sleep deprivation sucks!!!

Hugs. Sometimes it's helpful just to put baby in a safe place and let them cry a bit! :hugs:

If they are fed, dry and not in pain etc then dont feel bad if you neef to put him down for five mins. Did I already ask you if you tried a sling? ?

My DD is just 2 and weighs 37lb! But she is very tall too!!

I'm not sure how much Lilly weighs now she was 6lb 12 last week so think she's p r on about 7lb something now. She's still in tiny baby asda and mother care and its still big:wacko: can't believe she will b 7 weeks old on Saturday nearly 2 months. She's really alert now and has many periods of bein awake. Having a major problem with projectile vomiting she's done it since birth and there is no warning she is also really hard to wind so if any of u have any tip?

:hugs:

Well I have just introduced a pacifier too, Lia doesn't really need it but helps when she is especially fussy and I don't know what's wrong!

I need some advice! Since I am alone and my hubby is back home due to work, I have been co-bedding with LO, I didn't even try to put her in her cot (since like MrsSwaffer I have had trouble BFing at the start) so I ended up having her on my breast all night to get the latch right and then now just for convenience (where when she wants to eat I just roll over and lay down and she just drinks herself to sleep and I fall asleep doing so)

Now, I am pumping and introducing a bit of formula (1 or 2 bottles a day), and have no idea what her routine is during the night.. I want to try to pump milk that will last for the night with just a bottle of formula in between so I can get a bit of a routine in place.. Any tips or advice on this situation I am having? hehe :shrug:

Sorry hun I can't really help I bf my other children but I only lasted about 2 weeks but cause I found it to hard and just felt I constantly had to feed and feed I never got a break and my nipples got sore and cracked and they Ehud bleed so I never did it for longer than 2 weeks.

I'm bottle feeding Lilly because I was not aloud to bf because of my medication it's really upsetting because I wud of done it again for sure but wasn't aloud because my liver meds r very toxic so it's to danngerous:nope:

Hope u manage to get into a better routine:hugs:

Oh huny I know, I wish It was different for you, I wish even with the good or bad you would be able to do as you please and what you want instead of being driven by medication.. you are a hero sweety <3

I hope someone can help me with this though.. anyone who had some similar experience? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->