Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Well I have just introduced a pacifier too, Lia doesn't really need it but helps when she is especially fussy and I don't know what's wrong!

I need some advice! Since I am alone and my hubby is back home due to work, I have been co-bedding with LO, I didn't even try to put her in her cot (since like MrsSwaffer I have had trouble BFing at the start) so I ended up having her on my breast all night to get the latch right and then now just for convenience (where when she wants to eat I just roll over and lay down and she just drinks herself to sleep and I fall asleep doing so)

Now, I am pumping and introducing a bit of formula (1 or 2 bottles a day), and have no idea what her routine is during the night.. I want to try to pump milk that will last for the night with just a bottle of formula in between so I can get a bit of a routine in place.. Any tips or advice on this situation I am having? hehe :shrug:

I am not having this exact situation but you could try what I am doing with feeding from one side each time and pumping the other - that would give you enough pumped milk to get through the night and make sure your supply stays up. One thing though, I don't know how you'd go the whole night without pumping or feeding without your boobs about to explode...? Mine are so sore and leaking after about 4hrs that I have to feed or pump!:shrug:

Well I have just introduced a pacifier too, Lia doesn't really need it but helps when she is especially fussy and I don't know what's wrong!

I need some advice! Since I am alone and my hubby is back home due to work, I have been co-bedding with LO, I didn't even try to put her in her cot (since like MrsSwaffer I have had trouble BFing at the start) so I ended up having her on my breast all night to get the latch right and then now just for convenience (where when she wants to eat I just roll over and lay down and she just drinks herself to sleep and I fall asleep doing so)

Now, I am pumping and introducing a bit of formula (1 or 2 bottles a day), and have no idea what her routine is during the night.. I want to try to pump milk that will last for the night with just a bottle of formula in between so I can get a bit of a routine in place.. Any tips or advice on this situation I am having? hehe :shrug:

I am not having this exact situation but you could try what I am doing with feeding from one side each time and pumping the other - that would give you enough pumped milk to get through the night and make sure your supply stays up. One thing though, I don't know how you'd go the whole night without pumping or feeding without your boobs about to explode...? Mine are so sore and leaking after about 4hrs that I have to feed or pump!:shrug:

Oh God no, I think I may have expressed myself incorrectly.. that's what I get for blabbering on haha..

I meant, instead of just sticking LO on my boobs and falling asleep I would like to have a routine.

at the moment what happens is, she fusses next to me, I wake up and lie her next to me and give her one side, I fall asleep and after what I am sure is only half an hour she starts kicking and fussing next to me so I turn and put her on the other side.. I'd like to have a routine where I wake up after a good 3 or 4 hours sleep and feed her, whether that be a bottle or pumped milk whilst I pump some more as she feeds... makes sense?

At the moment I am just sure she keeps losing latch and falling asleep then fusses very quickley because I thought its more convenient to have her in bed next to me (plus I am so attached to her but this has to stop soon) :shrug: I hope I am making sense now

Morning everyone :) Had another pretty good night with Connor, pretty sure he's got a coldsore from me though :cry: I suffer with them but my other 2 have never got them from me so I'm pretty devastated Connor has :(

Embo get it checked, it can make him poorly if he has caught it :hugs:

We had a good night, Jack woke at 12ish and then 4ish for a bottle. Im still co-sleeping because he sleeps so much better that way but I really want to stop as I dont want him to get too used to it.

The midwife was supposed to come today but now coming tomorrow do you think it'll be ok to wait till then or should I give them a call about the coldsore today?

I am co-sleeping at the moment - which is probably silly as I think she would go into her basket fine, I just prefer seeing her straight away and being able to feed her laying down :

We coslept with Ivy out of necessity because she was a demon sleeper but elodie is more chilled. I think I might get dh to sidecar the cot to give her a bit more of her own space.

We had a decent night 2 - 5.30 6 - 8.30. I feel ok as long as there is a 3 hour stretch somewhere! I think she would have settled at midnight last night but 3 times she settled and then I heard her nappy filling up. The third nappy change I managed to let her wee all over herself so it was a full clothes change - god I thought I would be better at the basics this time!

Embo- hope everything is ok. Xx

Farida- getting a routine is so hard.

Got mw out this afternoon. She thinks baby might have colic or reflux :(

Morning!

My little one has got reflux. He's always bringing his legs up and grunting. :( He never cries out in pain though, so I don't think it's a bad case. After every feed, I wind him and keep him upright for a bit before putting him back down.

We're off to meet the antenatal (NCT) girls again today. Another girl has finally had her baby, so I'm now not the only one from our group in the mummy club! I can't wait to meet her little girl. :)

Morning everyone.

Faida, I don't know what to suggest, sorry.
Embo, goodluck and fingers crossed it's not.

We had a good night too!! 11pm till nearly 4am.

I got Ruby weighed and she is 9lb 4oz so nearly a lb in two weeks. Is that good?
Ruby is also being referred to the hospital for her slight jaundice, got a blood test next thursday :(

Hope your all ok and having a good day xx

I forgot to update everyone on Jacks news with his ultrasound scan! As some of you may remember, I had to have regular ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy because they thought there was something wrong with either his liver or gallbladder.

Well, he had his ultrasound on monday at 3 days old and the scan showed no problems with his liver and a slightly enlarged gall bladder. All of his blood tests came back fine except one of his liver function tests was too high but they were not concerned! The paed's and the consultants were all happy with his results and scan report and have just asked us to come back in May as an outpatient for a check up on his progress! :D All that worrying for months for nothing! They said just to treat him as a normal healthy baby!

His jaundice has been quite severe though, on monday at the hospital they wanted to keep him in for a few nights to treat him but with the blood results coming back all fine they let us go!

Anyones LO still sleepy, sometimes I can hardly get Ruby to drink, she is starving and drinks 2oz but then stops and I can't get any more in her. I'm going to Starr adding up how much she drinks... She must be fine as she is putting on, but it's annoying me, I'm pouring milk/money away.

afternoon ladies, hope you are all well leney seems to of settles at a feed at 12 ish ons around 3 then anothdr at 6 or 7, have moved her baske next to me so she sees me and she falls asleep better. we are totaly screwed this month money wise we were meant to get just over 3 hundren euro in kindergeld and hubby needed a new comp for work so i told him to order it from the cat as we were told the money would be with us in 2 weeks at most but hehad to pay 300 to them to be able to get it and its non refundable , called kindergeld casse this morn and told the mobey wont be with us till end off march! so we now have no bloody money for nappys and having to borrow 30 euro a week from my mum so we can get milk:growlmad: why tell ys 1-2 weeks ifit wont be that we could of had a plan in place grrrrr

lena is sleepy but fights sleep then becomes over tired and cranky

Morning!

My little one has got reflux. He's always bringing his legs up and grunting. :( He never cries out in pain though, so I don't think it's a bad case. After every feed, I wind him and keep him upright for a bit before putting him back down.

We're off to meet the antenatal (NCT) girls again today. Another girl has finally had her baby, so I'm now not the only one from our group in the mummy club! I can't wait to meet her little girl. :)

Have fun :) When are the other ladies due?

Morning everyone.

Faida, I don't know what to suggest, sorry.
Embo, goodluck and fingers crossed it's not.

We had a good night too!! 11pm till nearly 4am.

I got Ruby weighed and she is 9lb 4oz so nearly a lb in two weeks. Is that good?
Ruby is also being referred to the hospital for her slight jaundice, got a blood test next thursday :(

Hope your all ok and having a good day xx

Hope she is ok, Jade is putting on just over 9oz a week atm so that sounds fine! In 2 weeks Jade went from 7lb 2oz to 8.8 lol

I forgot to update everyone on Jacks news with his ultrasound scan! As some of you may remember, I had to have regular ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy because they thought there was something wrong with either his liver or gallbladder.

Well, he had his ultrasound on monday at 3 days old and the scan showed no problems with his liver and a slightly enlarged gall bladder. All of his blood tests came back fine except one of his liver function tests was too high but they were not concerned! The paed's and the consultants were all happy with his results and scan report and have just asked us to come back in May as an outpatient for a check up on his progress! :D All that worrying for months for nothing! They said just to treat him as a normal healthy baby!

His jaundice has been quite severe though, on monday at the hospital they wanted to keep him in for a few nights to treat him but with the blood results coming back all fine they let us go!

So glad he is ok hun, I remember all the worry so that is excellent news!

afternoon ladies, hope you are all well leney seems to of settles at a feed at 12 ish ons around 3 then anothdr at 6 or 7, have moved her baske next to me so she sees me and she falls asleep better. we are totaly screwed this month money wise we were meant to get just over 3 hundren euro in kindergeld and hubby needed a new comp for work so i told him to order it from the cat as we were told the money would be with us in 2 weeks at most but hehad to pay 300 to them to be able to get it and its non refundable , called kindergeld casse this morn and told the mobey wont be with us till end off march! so we now have no bloody money for nappys and having to borrow 30 euro a week from my mum so we can get milk:growlmad: why tell ys 1-2 weeks ifit wont be that we could of had a plan in place grrrrr

:hugs::hugs: sorry about the money :( Glad Lena is sleeping better though.

Harry is really sleepy, Jem. He's 3 weeks old today. :shrug:

Jade has got herself into a routine of being awake 7-9am then sleeping for the next 2 feeds then awake again from 1-3ish and then again about 5-7pm and then tends to sleep the rest of the time. Ses very content though, I dont hold her or entertain her for the full 2 hours shes awake. Shes quite happy watching the world go by :)
We had an amazing night jade went 11pm-4.30 and then went straight back to sleep till 7. Not sure it will happen every night but YEY. She loves sleeping on her side and its helped with her nose being blocked!
Today we have dropped off the kids, gone to bakers, gone to bank, been for coffee and cake with my friends and just got back. She was asleep in carseat so just lifted her out and shes now asleep still in moses basket :)
Shame its pissing with rain outside as I got soaked.

Lindy- Hope docs can help with his reflux, My niece had gaviscon.
Glad lil man is ok Em x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"