Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Hey ladies!

Well the first night last night i had Aliyah in her cot next to the bed instead of cobedding.. i slept much much better and we had stretches of 3 hours in between feeds so all is good!!

Today I had to go to my mums place to visit after trying to sort her birth certificate.. which has ruined the routine but i think it's getting better now that she has ate and fell asleep!!

Whisper - this early in their life I am surprised they would wake up at all due to noise, in fact I am always told to make things very loud.. or are your neighbours doing sudden noises... otherwise it's very unlucky that she wakes up at noise :( :hugs:

Hey ladies!

Well the first night last night i had Aliyah in her cot next to the bed instead of cobedding.. i slept much much better and we had stretches of 3 hours in between feeds so all is good!!

Today I had to go to my mums place to visit after trying to sort her birth certificate.. which has ruined the routine but i think it's getting better now that she has ate and fell asleep!!

Whisper - this early in their life I am surprised they would wake up at all due to noise, in fact I am always told to make things very loud.. or are your neighbours doing sudden noises... otherwise it's very unlucky that she wakes up at noise :( :hugs:

it was the sudden banging that startled her same as if i drop something she jumps and then starts screaming asshes been woken by startling:haha:

Hey ladies!

it was the sudden banging that startled her same as if i drop something she jumps and then starts screaming asshes been woken by startling:haha:

Oh gooosh poor baby :( What horrid neighbours you have... I'd have burnt their house down by now lol

Hey ladies!

Oh gooosh poor baby :( What horrid neighbours you have... I'd have burnt their house down by now lol

i prob would of by now if we werent a flat and in the same building:haha: hopefully they wont be there much longer as so many complaints about them

Hi girls! Blake is doing so much better in his crib now. He's sleeping most nights for 3-4 hours at a time, last night from 10:30-12:00, then 1-5:15, then 6-8:30! I don't wake him to feed as he's gaining weight well, but wow, he really let's me know when he's hungry. He can go from a soundly sleeping little cutie to a screaming like the world is going to end little monster in seconds! :haha: I have to admit, even his cranky screaming faces are pretty cute! :haha:

Smiley-that is excellent news about Jack!!! So glad the tests came back with good news!

Jem-sorry you're felling poorly. Hope your back gets better, at least we can take Iboprofen again.

Becca-welcome! I wouldn't be worried. Lots of sleep is normal for newborns.

I'm still working on losing weight, been on the treadmill a lot, hoping to see some results, but I know it will take some time. Need a new battery for our scale, so I can track my progress. Feel fat and flabby. :growlmad: I keep telling myself to stick with it, keep pushing, and maybe in a month or 2 I'll notice an improvement.

Thanks ladies! We feel better now.

I'm super emotional at the moment, I cry over anything haha! Liam's grandparents said they can come round and see to Lily anytime I need a bath, I had to walk away because I was crying :blush:!

I'm so glad to be here at last, trust my little lady to be lazy and last! She was worth it all though!

Going to finish my birth story today :dohh:.

Hope you're all okay :hugs:.
xoxox

Belated congrats becca!!!

:hugs: Jem & whisper. Sorry your OH's are being rubbish. Jem hope you feel better soon.

Becca, I'm still super emotional and we're 3 weeks in. Have done a lot of crying over being a human dummy too and thd frustration with Theo's reflux. He only sometimes takes the dummy, most of the time it's my boob.

Kitty, I'm getting really fed up of wearing maternity clothes and having tummy roles. My body's depressing me but I don't have the energy to do anything about it.

MF & Jem wonder what you can do about your tearful girls. Xxx

I've got some ginger bread men to decorate this afternoon and I'm getting the dreaded play dough out, ha ha.

Hope you had a good night.
Ruby finally settled at 11:30- woke up at 5am and had an oz and fell back to sleep till 8am!!! Amazing Ruby, think it was luck though. X

I've got some ginger bread men to decorate this afternoon and I'm getting the dreaded play dough out, ha ha.

Hope you had a good night.
Ruby finally settled at 11:30- woke up at 5am and had an oz and fell back to sleep till 8am!!! Amazing Ruby, think it was luck though. X

rather jealouse of these babies who have been almost all nighters lol lena is every 3-4 hours and takes ages to fall asleep after lol

Lily still won't go to my breast, I can't blame the poor little lady, my milk gushes from first suck and it's just too much for her. She won't latch as my breasts are so engorged my nipples are REALLY firm and hard, they hurt so bad. I'm speaking to my midwife Saturday as I'm pumping and bottle feeding her breastmilk at the moment, I'd rather she was getting my milk somehow.

Feel like a bit of a failure, sucks :cry:.

Hope the rest of you ladies are good :hugs:.
xoxox

Lily still won't go to my breast, I can't blame the poor little lady, my milk gushes from first suck and it's just too much for her. She won't latch as my breasts are so engorged my nipples are REALLY firm and hard, they hurt so bad. I'm speaking to my midwife Saturday as I'm pumping and bottle feeding her breastmilk at the moment, I'd rather she was getting my milk somehow.

Feel like a bit of a failure, sucks :cry:.

Hope the rest of you ladies are good :hugs:.
xoxox

shes still gettinb your milk and all the goodness hun dont feel bad shes still getting the best from you xx

Do you think so, Whisper? I do want her on my breast again at some point, that's why I want to talk to my midwife.
xoxox

Do you think so, Whisper? I do want her on my breast again at some point, that's why I want to talk to my midwife.
xoxox

of course hun its still YOUR milk its not anything bad if it has to go in a bottle your still giving her the best

Don't feel like a failure becs. You're doing a great job. If it's any consolation my breasts get really engorged and squirt out milk. Theo doesn't latch on properly at first when they're like that he just latches however he can. Then when the breast deflates a bit I take him off the breast and get him to latch on properly. Not sure if that may help you? He does still cough and splutter when it gushes out. My HV also suggested hand expressing a small amount first to get rid of the built up pressure then put the baby to the breast as milk shouldn't squirt out then. Expressing the small amount first shouldn't effect your supply either.

Jem, you sound like a great mummy! :)

BF mums, how long is your LO nursing for? At the mo it's taking me 2 hours from start to finish, with winding breaks. It's driving me insane! And theo is no longer liking the dummy.

Elodie probably takes an hour or so to have a big feed - she likes to come off and have little breaks though so I swap sides a couple of times to make sure she gets a good amount of fore and hind milk.

She definitely has periods in the day of going a couple of hours between feeds and then other times where she snacks on and off.

I do feel like I get used as a dummy too (as was the case with my older daughter) but this time I feel more OK with it - maybe because it is just what I expected to happen???

I think at this age every instinct they have is telling them to feed feed feed to stimulate you to make milk. It is really difficult, I remember crying a lot with Ivy for the first 8 weeks or so because I felt so exhausted and desperate. I promise it gets easier though :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks AP, that is such a relief to hear. Maybe I just need to change my expectations x

Thanks AP, that is such a relief to hear. Maybe I just need to change my expectations x

It is a normal way to feel :hugs:

Bfing is natural of course but it doesnt feel very natural to all of a sudden have all of your free time taken from you and to be trapped on a sofa! With Ivy I was filled with insecurity about her pukey-ness, was she gaining enough weight?, was I doing x, y, z right??, was I going to make her clingy, would she ever go to sleep on her own???

I suppose in other cultures they just have the baby close to them all the time and baby has free access to the boob, they co-sleep and the baby suckles all night and that is just normal so babies sort of come out programmed to do that? You will find a balance though of what works for you :hugs:

I think with your eldest child it is really difficult to imagine the hard early stages ever ending!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->