Baby Bugs Due February 2013

We sorted the latch issues, the thrush is on it's way out the door with these meds, the damage that Sophie did to my nips with her poor latch is finally healing and now I have 2 bloody great milk blisters and feeding off that side is agony, I tried changing feeding position and other advice I found online to clear them, but nothing is working. Might have to get a needle and do it myself later :sick:

We sorted the latch issues, the thrush is on it's way out the door with these meds, the damage that Sophie did to my nips with her poor latch is finally healing and now I have 2 bloody great milk blisters and feeding off that side is agony, I tried changing feeding position and other advice I found online to clear them, but nothing is working. Might have to get a needle and do it myself later :sick:

:hugs:

Sounds like you have had rotten luck.

Has she got a high palate possibly? That can sometimes cause pain/blisters.

I'm not sure, but she has a tongue and lip tie. 2 MW's and a HV have said because it's not affecting her feeding they won't be cut, but I have been referred to the tongue tie clinic.

Fingers crossed once we get past this issue it will be smooth sailing. I just have to remember I had it worse with Bethany, she has a severe lip tie and shredded me to the point I would cry when she wanted a feed and we got past that, so I can get past this :D

My Ivy has a TT, they wouldn't snip it because they said it didn't affect feeding.

We agreed this time if Elodie had a TT we would pay to get it done privately if needs be as although Ivy didn't damage my nipples she fed every 45mins around the clock and was really inefficient on the boob, I just fed her night and day for her first year...

Now she is 2 she struggles to poke her tongue out and can't pronounce 'th' at all. We are seeing how it goes but there is a good chance she will need it cut and that is a general anaesthetic job now she is over 1 :nope:

Lily still won't go to my breast, I can't blame the poor little lady, my milk gushes from first suck and it's just too much for her. She won't latch as my breasts are so engorged my nipples are REALLY firm and hard, they hurt so bad. I'm speaking to my midwife Saturday as I'm pumping and bottle feeding her breastmilk at the moment, I'd rather she was getting my milk somehow.

Feel like a bit of a failure, sucks :cry:.

Hope the rest of you ladies are good :hugs:.
xoxox

Oh Becca hun Don't say that you are doing great and the fact that she is drinking your milk that is the amazing part, it still has all the nutrition and goodness in it don't you worry.. and as for bonding and skin to skin etc, well wear as little as possible and hold her while you give her the bottle, give her affection and then it is just about the same! That's what my midwife and a billion websites tell me.. as I am exclusively expressing now since my problems with BFing... :hugs:

we are having a terrible week here this week lena is so clingy keeps falling asleep gasping and swallowing then screaming until shes held up on my chest then falls asleep again:shrug:, its getting so we cant do anything around the house she lays downshe screams, she sits up she screams lays on her tummy shesfine for 10-15 secs then cries:wacko: has been coughing quite a bit too this week so not sure if shes coming down with someyhing either way im ready to pull my hair out shez finally asleep now for the first time today and its after 7 pm!

Oh sweety I am so sorry for you :( poor Lena! and poor you! Update us on how it goes, and give you MW or doctor a call!
spoken with hubby about it, well tried to and hes basicly told me im being silly and its normal for newborns as hes looked it up on line:shrug: and said sometimes he thinks i want her to have problems so i can feel better about it myself so nowfeeling an overprotective unsure mummy:nope:

That's a little harsh, even if it is normal, it needs to be sorted.. and even if there is nothing to sort, you are a first time mummy so it's very hard.. it's not you being silly at all, you need some support!

Huny why don't you pump out that side until it has had a chance to heal? and since you have her latch corrected, when its healed it wont come back again?

Aww no :( :hugs:

I'm quite lucky with Sophie, she is a good feeder, Bethany was too, it's just me that feels the effects of it. I managed to feed Bethany until she was 7 months when her top teeth came in and I couldn't cope with the pain, Sophie's isn't as severe so I'm hoping I can feed her until she self weans.

I wasn't aware that tongue tie could be left. I thought they snipped it every time, regardless. :shrug:

Oh girls, it's crap that you're all having these problems. :( Hugs to you all. :hugs:

Harry has been extremely windy today! Every time he stretches in his sleep, I hear his little bum go off! Haha!

I do think he has reflux though, and I'm really crap at winding him! I can never get a burp from him, and if I do it's by fluke! I read that BF babies don't need winding, but he gets sicky after a feed if he doesn't burp. :(

Lily still won't go to my breast, I can't blame the poor little lady, my milk gushes from first suck and it's just too much for her. She won't latch as my breasts are so engorged my nipples are REALLY firm and hard, they hurt so bad. I'm speaking to my midwife Saturday as I'm pumping and bottle feeding her breastmilk at the moment, I'd rather she was getting my milk somehow.

Feel like a bit of a failure, sucks :cry:.

Hope the rest of you ladies are good :hugs:.
xoxox

Hugs!! If you have a lot coming out, let her get a good latch for just a second and then just express some into a burp cloth until it deflates a little and stops spewing - I have the same thing happen here :hugs:

Feeling really down this evening. I swear it's just one problem after another with BF this time :( :(

Hang in there! I had the blisters too and I just gritted my teeth through it and he eventually cleared them after a feed or two - but damn I am with you those hurt!! The lanolin saved me though.

Hope Weston and Lena feel better soon!

Hi Miley!

GF, I usually end up taking anywhere from 30 min to an hr to feed depending on how much rocking he needs to get drowsy. He typically only stays on for 10-20 min usually closer to 10. Then if I have to pump the other side that usually takes about 10 min. Bf is definitely a job.

Whitt was a little fussy this morning and ended up puking again...how many times to throw up/spit up in a day is normal before you'd start thinking reflux? I don't think he has that but I am not sure...he probably throws up once a day and spits up a little once or twice...?

You are definitely not crap at winding him. I have the same technique of winding now as I did 2 years ago and I could never get a burp out of Ivy but Elodie just sits up and belches!

I think bf babies definitely need burping though, Elodie takes air with the initial forceful let down. I tend to let her take that and then unlatch her to wind her before letting her carry on.

Mrs s I do the winding by putting her on my knee then trying to sit her straight and rocking her back if that makes sense but they never burp everytime anyway hun so its nothing you have done. I left the house tonight and my oh survived with all three kids miracle x

ive found since using infacol in each feed she burps all by herself the min i sit her up usualy a few good big burps

ive found since using infacol in each feed she burps all by herself the min i sit her up usualy a few good big burps

I burp Whitt too - Usually he comes off midway and I try to get one then and after and hope he doesn't spit up with it! LOL

Ugh this is the second night where theo has just cried virtually non stop because of colic or reflux. From 21:30-1:00. He's just settled, praying he'll sleep for a good chunk now. I can't cope with all this very well.

Gf I hope he gives you a good stretch of sleep.

Elsie's tongue tie wasn't effecting breastfeeding that much. Although its night a day since getting it clipped. We did it more for the social aspects of it later on in life. I had to go through speech therapy and I don't want her to have to go through that.

My poor girl is stuffy and sick. We are both getting no sleep. I hope tonight she can sleep without being upright but we'll see.

I burp Elsie too. She gets a lot of air with my flow.

gflady, you and me both!! Poor Harry looks like he's in so much pain. He squirms so much and cries every time I put him down. :( I'm not going to get any sleep tonight! I have a reflux pillow in his Moses basket, but it doesn't seem to be helping at all, so I might take it out I'd he doesn't settle after this feed.

Sigh. :(

think lena is getting acold shes so snuffly and coughingand sneezing a fair bit, can see us going to the doc this weekend poor baby doesnt help the silly weather goingfrom 19 onweds to a possible -10 sunday withmore snow grrr when will spring arrive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->