Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Thanks AP, that is such a relief to hear. Maybe I just need to change my expectations x

Oh and with Ivy honestly I spent quite a lot of time sobbing on the hallway floor begging my husband to just take Ivy off me for 10 minutes because I couldn't handle it anymore!

I wasn't depressed or anything - I think it is quite a normal way for someone to feel when they have a fussy, boob obsessed baby. It is just people don't always tell you that could happen before you have a child!

I don't feel depressed either but not a day goes by when I don't cry over it. I'm always desperate for DH to come home so he can settle theo. we're half way to 6 weeks so hopefully it'll get better then! X

just weighed lena on our home scales like we often do and shes 8 lbs! gone from just under 5 lbs to 8 in 5 weeks:cloud9:

Aww gf ((hugs)) good weight gain lena.
I am glad someone (ap) had brilliant advice for you. I think the most overwhelming thing is that you are 100% responsible for this baby no matter how tired you are or how much they cry. Thats what I struggled with at first and even sometimes now its like woah wtf!! I think 6-8 weeks is a nice age but 12 weeks is normally my fave age and they tend to sort out wind problems by then too lol.

Me and jade have just got back from Southampton. I am not used to having to use the lift in shops! I am taking the sling next time.
So much gorgeous stuff I wanted to buy but have to watch the ££. I got her a sleep suit in next and my dd a top but had to restrain myself h has ha

GF big hugs on the breastfeeding :hugs: AP sounds a very knowledgeable lady!

Whisper way to go Lena!!

Midnight glad you had a lovely day- I'm the same with buying- so hard to restrain!

I had my last midwife appointment today and had Connor weighed, he's put on a whole lb so is now 10lb at 2 weeks :D

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get daniel to stretch his feeds to every4 hours during the day? He is taking 3.5-4 ozs every 3 hours at the mo, sometimes it's just over 2 hrs between feeds. At night we don't have any problems, he can go for over 6 hours without feeding.

Becca, it is normal for small babies to sleep for up to 18-20 hrs a day. I got the aptimil newsletter emailed to me the other day for a 9 week old baby and they say that at 9 weeks old they should still be sleeping up to 15 hours a day.

I just let Daniel lie with no nappy on for about 20 mins and he loved it, although the towel under him got peed on twice and he got my leg with the first one . It was so nice to see him lying kicking his legs about and smiling loads.

Aw, gf, I often have meltdowns about feeding! I have worried about PND too, but I guess, if you're aware that you might be depressed, you're not depressed. :shrug: I put it all down to the baby blues.

Harry has been fighting sleep since going out into town earlier today at lunch time - he's had a few little naps in the pram, but nothing of quality. Only in the last half hour have I been able to settle him! I can still hear the screaming ringing in my ears though! He's very cranky today, but hopefully this means we'll have a good night. I think he might be having a growth spurt though, so possibly not! :p

Thanks ladies, you're my lifeline right now!!!

MrsS Theo's been so cranky today and not sleeping well.

MF I love next clothes for kids! If I could I'd dress theo in all next stuff x

This is ridiculous! Done school run and straight home had to make tea straight away. M had guitar lesson then ruby girls brigade. Home for 20mins then pick her up. In out in out. Im exhausted and im out for a meal tonight :s roll on oh getting home.

gflady :hugs:...we all feel overwhelmed with kids, especially those of us who are new moms! It's A LOT of responsibility all of a sudden! At Weston's first doctor's appt I walked into the office, signed us in, sat down with DH in the waiting room and just started bawling. I cried all the way through the appointment and kept apologizing to the doctor. She wasn't phased whatsoever, she just kept saying that it's COMPLETELY normal for a new mom to be emotional that way. Everytime I see her now I feel so embarrassed haha, but really it's very common. Hang in there, I know it will get better for all of us!

Becca, I had the same problem with BFing. I was extremely engorged and he had trouble latching. You do what you have to do. If you are pumping and bottle feeding she is still getting the same milk! Don't stress about it, all will be fine! :hugs:

I took Weston in this morning to be seen after his gasping episode yesterday and he was diagnosed with reflux, just as I suspected. :( He is on Zantac 2x a day now, so hopefully that will help him. I have to prop him up in the bassinet when he's sleeping or put him in his swing or bouncer now too, just to make sure his head stays elevated. Good news is that he is now 9 lbs, 5.5 oz...meaning he is up 1.5 lbs from birth weight-yay! Also his thrush is ONLY on his tongue now (not on his cheeks) so Dr said he can go off the medicine as tongue thrush usually corrects itself as they get older and is hard to treat anyways (no point unless it really bothers them).

we are having a terrible week here this week lena is so clingy keeps falling asleep gasping and swallowing then screaming until shes held up on my chest then falls asleep again:shrug:, its getting so we cant do anything around the house she lays downshe screams, she sits up she screams lays on her tummy shesfine for 10-15 secs then cries:wacko: has been coughing quite a bit too this week so not sure if shes coming down with someyhing either way im ready to pull my hair out shez finally asleep now for the first time today and its after 7 pm!

we are having a terrible week here this week lena is so clingy keeps falling asleep gasping and swallowing then screaming until shes held up on my chest then falls asleep again:shrug:, its getting so we cant do anything around the house she lays downshe screams, she sits up she screams lays on her tummy shesfine for 10-15 secs then cries:wacko: has been coughing quite a bit too this week so not sure if shes coming down with someyhing either way im ready to pull my hair out shez finally asleep now for the first time today and its after 7 pm!

That's what Weston was doing and the doctor said it's classic reflux. Hope she feels better soon and you can get some sleep! :hugs:

That's what Weston was doing and the doctor said it's classic reflux. Hope she feels better soon and you can get some sleep! :hugs:

she just woke herself up gasping then coughing again and screamed until i laid her on my chest with head on my shoukdet

Lily still won't go to my breast, I can't blame the poor little lady, my milk gushes from first suck and it's just too much for her. She won't latch as my breasts are so engorged my nipples are REALLY firm and hard, they hurt so bad. I'm speaking to my midwife Saturday as I'm pumping and bottle feeding her breastmilk at the moment, I'd rather she was getting my milk somehow.

Feel like a bit of a failure, sucks :cry:.

Hope the rest of you ladies are good :hugs:.
xoxox

Oh Becca hun Don't say that you are doing great and the fact that she is drinking your milk that is the amazing part, it still has all the nutrition and goodness in it don't you worry.. and as for bonding and skin to skin etc, well wear as little as possible and hold her while you give her the bottle, give her affection and then it is just about the same! That's what my midwife and a billion websites tell me.. as I am exclusively expressing now since my problems with BFing... :hugs:

Oh sweety I am so sorry for you :( poor Lena! and poor you! Update us on how it goes, and give you MW or doctor a call!

Feeling really down this evening. I swear it's just one problem after another with BF this time :( :(

Lily still won't go to my breast, I can't blame the poor little lady, my milk gushes from first suck and it's just too much for her. She won't latch as my breasts are so engorged my nipples are REALLY firm and hard, they hurt so bad. I'm speaking to my midwife Saturday as I'm pumping and bottle feeding her breastmilk at the moment, I'd rather she was getting my milk somehow.

Feel like a bit of a failure, sucks :cry:.

Hope the rest of you ladies are good :hugs:.
xoxox

Oh Becca hun Don't say that you are doing great and the fact that she is drinking your milk that is the amazing part, it still has all the nutrition and goodness in it don't you worry.. and as for bonding and skin to skin etc, well wear as little as possible and hold her while you give her the bottle, give her affection and then it is just about the same! That's what my midwife and a billion websites tell me.. as I am exclusively expressing now since my problems with BFing... :hugs:

Oh sweety I am so sorry for you :( poor Lena! and poor you! Update us on how it goes, and give you MW or doctor a call!
spoken with hubby about it, well tried to and hes basicly told me im being silly and its normal for newborns as hes looked it up on line:shrug: and said sometimes he thinks i want her to have problems so i can feel better about it myself so nowfeeling an overprotective unsure mummy:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->