Baby Bugs Due February 2013

I think they get really bunged up and grunty/snuffly xx hope he is ok. One thing I really need to buy is a thermometer! You would think after 3kids we would have one.

Just bathed jade and put her infront of fish tank in her bed and she went to sleep after 5mins! No crying or rocking. So pleased with my little chub for drifting off by herself. Just the other two to get to sleep now. My OH is working till 11 :(

I was reading this really quickly and thought you wrote that you bathed Jade in the fish tank :wacko: :haha:

Sophie's had a cold this week too, poor little thing. Luckily she hasn't had it too bad, just a bit bunged up and snuffly. Saline nasal spray is my new best friend, she hates it though.

My eldest two were playing right up tonight and my son who has autism was banging his head on the brick wall omg save me. Finally he is calm but my god hes not had a meltdown for ages. The dd started moaning about school!

:hugs: my older 2 were playing up today too :nope:

Little lady is screaming like its the end of the world if she isn't on the boob tonight, poor thing. I love the snuggles, but mummy has to pee and get a drink :haha: she isnt even drinking, just sleeping there. Little fusspot! :cloud9:

Quick question - I had a go at expressing after Elodie's feed this evening and have got 1oz now in the fridge. How much should I offer her in a bottle to avoid wasting it? I don't know how much she would drink in one go.

She weighs about 7.5lbs if that makes a difference...I have no idea about bottles :blush:

I don't mind putting her on the boob is she needs more, I am not planning on being away from her, I just want to try her with a bottle.

How are you ladies?

I'm having serious guilt issues tonight, I see women who have baby on the boob and Lily won't go on. I'm making too much milk, I'm engored an hour after I've pumped, my nipple is too hard for her mouth. I'm not a good mother :cry:.

xoxox

Becca you are a brilliant mother :hugs: have you tried pumping a little to ease the initial engorgement and after the let down put her on the breast? Also you can ask your midwife to have a breastfeeding adviser come visit to help too :hugs:

I think I'll try, Sasha. I'm super depressed about it all. I just want to be the best for her, in everyway.
xoxox

Deffo try to get someone to visit you hun. Don't beat yourself up, she is so loved and cherished and that's what matters, when she looks back on her childhood that will be what stands out, not how she was fed :hugs:

It might not help now, but I still feel guilty for stopping BF with my older 2 and it really helps now they are a bit older x x x

AP Ruby drinks around 3oz, sometimes 4oz if I'm lucky and only 2oz if she is tired. Hope that helps?

Catch up later ladies x

Jack had 3oz at 5.30, another 3oz at 7.00 and I have just had to make another 3oz. This is abnormal...he is well and truely a milk monster.

Becca, nipple shields were a godsend for me when I got too engorged with my mastitis. We're currently weaning off them (really easy, actually) to bare nipple, but they gave me amazing confidence with breastfeeding. Get some in Boots - they're made by Medela and are about £8 for a pair. I HIGHLY recommend trying them.

Wiggler, you totally have a boob snoozer like I do! Harry loves the boob, but always falls asleep comfort sucking. <3

Little one has had such a busy day, he's gone down to sleep for the night without any story. We usually go through the Bookstart 'Baby's First Shapes' book and DH will read a Roald Dahl nursery rhyme (Harry likes them because of the rhythm), but he is dead to the world! I haven't even heard a peep from the baby monitor.

We've been doing really well weaning off of the nipple shields, but when he is extra fussy or gets frustrated from trying to latch, I'll use the shield for the let down (or to quench his thirst) and then quickly whip it away and get him latched onto my bare nipple. He's nearly a pro at latching now, but doesn't always get it first time. :p

I hope everyone had a lovely Mothers' Day. :) Hugs to everyone having a hard time with older little ones! :hugs: <3

Ive not thought about putting jade upstairs before we go to bed. Maybe we should try it? Atm I just keep her down with us then carry her up till we go to bed lol mainly because I fall asleep on the sofa alot. I amm thinning of putting her in with my daughter next month?

People keep commenting how weird it is that jade does not cry but they say it like its weird?!

Ap jade has about 3oz every 3hours. Sometimes 4hours.

Happy Mother's Day ladies! Hope you were all spoilt and had a lovely day :)
I had a wonderful day, DD gave me some lovely gifts including a £30 gift voucher for river island which I will happily spend when I got into town next week.
Can't believe Florence is 5 weeks old tomorrow the time has gone so fast!
Florence takes 3 to 4oz every 3 hours at the moment not sure if that's good or bad but she seems happy especially now she's on the comfort milk which has helped to ease her colic.
Really annoyed just went to take my bipolar medication to discoverd that the doctor has given me the wrong ones, the ones he has given me heavily sedate me where as my usual ones don't so much just a little bit somimcan get up for night feeds, without any I won't sleep at all so I'm not quite sure what to do, risk it and just take a half dose and hope that I am awake enough to feed tonight... Stupid dr going to complain tomorrow.

Glad you are doing well weaning off the nipple shields mrss :D

MF - People used to make comments about Bethany too as she wasn't a cryer, some babies are just quiet, content little things. Enjoy it and ignore the comments :D

Miley thats awful :( not sure what tk advise but definitely complain x

Wriggler im just up in arms as I feel like people are implying stuff is wrong! They done it with ruby too just cause of maths asd!

Miley thats awful :( not sure what tk advise but definitely complain x

Wriggler im just up in arms as I feel like people are implying stuff is wrong! They done it with ruby too just cause of maths asd!

I am furious! Getting wound up thinking about it and worrying about not sleeping :( if you can't trust a dr who can you trust..? :growlmad:

Thanks! I will aim to try her with 3oz I think. I hope she isn't a bottle hater :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->