Baby Bugs Due February 2013

My nephew is 7 and turning into a teenager with his moods but then half an hour later is a little boy again. I want to out the brakes on Thomas growing up and have time to savour every second but each day flies by so fast. Does everybody else feel like they just "lose the whole day and achieve nothing? My friend recommended a book - what mums do so I ordered it online... don't know when I will get a chance to read it though. She said it just sums up everything that happens when you have a baby to look after. Xx

I definitely feel like that, Lindy! I'm surprised I can get on here half the time, and then I look back at my day and think, "What did I actually do?" :p

Gflady- we must be going the same things each night! I came downstairs so Thomas could sit upright in his bouncer :)

That's so funny. I'll be thinking of you tonight then as we're bouncing our LOs to sleep in the small hours :)

Yup, I'm finding it difficult to transition from being really productive in my days to just trying to look after theo.

What do you guys dress your babies in at home when the weather is this cold? Theo's got a vest & baby grow on and I've had him in his 2.5 grobag most of the day. Checked his temp with a ear thermometer and it was 35.7! Don't think that's right but it's made me super paranoid now x

Evening ladies xx

Yes it toooo cold, we have had lots of snow flurries and it's super windy out there but no settling snow.

Boo hoo for af, last time I came on at five ish weeks and hot our my internal at my six week check, hoping I can this time?

My eldest has been a minx! She slapped me round the face whilst at toddler group! I was not a happy mummy after that!

Ruby has been fine... But my steriliser has broken!!!!! It's steams for about two mins and then stops and coz it's old, I don't have the instructions. So I'm going up in the loft to find our old original one. (Shaun couldn't find it so we got a second hand one)
Hope I can find it?

Hope your all ok xx

Gflady some babies/people have low body temps so I personally wouldn't go by that? I know I'm about 36.6 (from checking myself out of boredom) ha ha.

But Ruby wears either a short or long sleeve vest and baby gro- if it's cold and we are out and about, I put a cardi on. And a blanket- that why I asked when babies can regulate there temperature?
My midwife Said check there neck and go by the heat of it there.

Jen, how wired...my steriliser is doing the same! It's an advent one?! Need to buy a new one :(

I have a milton cold water steriliser. Really easy.
I dress jade in long sleeve vest and babygrow at home. Sometimes a cardi if I feel extra cold. If she seems content then i leave it x I only put her gro bag on at night x

Mine is the boots one...
What do you do with the cold water ones? Obviously use molten.... There £15 in Mothercare, I'm tempted to just buy one, I hate spiders and the loft!

Ive put jade in with dd tonight but we dont have monitors :/ sure dd will shout if she is awake lol have left door open! I feel all weird!

Ah, my little lad is down for the night. :) I'm home alone tonight, but we had tummy time and stories (while having a feed), and then I put him in his grobag. He's wearing a bodysuit, sleepsuit and grobag. Because it's cold tonight, I've got the storage heater on in our room too - the gro-egg says it's ~17*C in there at the moment. He seems pretty happy. I haven't heard from him on the monitor!

im expecting jade to wake up at 1am so I may move her back in with us but dd was desperate to have her in their lol x hope harry has a nice sleep bless him, poor jade had to listen to horrid Henry book tonight as that's what Ruby chose lol.

Hi Ladies!

Ive just caught up on the posts - hugs to everyone! Happy belated mothers day. Funny posts Smiley.

Becca - hope you are feeling better about bf now - hang in there!:flower:

We went on our first road trip - I drove with baby alone up to see my mom and my grandmother and had a good time. Whitt was good except for the car ride back he fussed a bit in the car every so often.

I think he has reflux too - I've moved up our one month appt to tomorrow morning so I can see if they can give us something for it. He's throwing up the entire feed at least twice a day now. Plus has such sour breath and seems in pain trying to feed in the evening. Poor guy. He sleeps ok though but his pack and play napper is at an angle...

Ugh, having a proper downer night. I'm shattered, I'm sick of leaking, I feel constantly damp/wet (worse on a night), I drench through breast pads, they just don't work. My mum has been ill since I've given birth so I've hardly seen her, I miss her like mad :cry:.

I'm not a happy mummy :(.
xoxox

Hugs hugs hugs, Bec. <3 :hugs:

I'm sure there's a way to curb the oversupply issue - have you looked into it? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->