Baby Bugs Due February 2013

:hugs:
Elodie still the same weight as 5 days ago.

The HV is being really good about it (I am a bit of an emotional wreck) she is happy with her colour, nappy output etc. She just wants us to come back next week, she didn't suggest topping up or anything.

Elodie is just so content she isn't doing the insane cluster feeding Ivy did (she was just on me allllllllll the time as a newborn) Elodie did cluster feed last night though - which the hv said is the likely cause of the green nappies.

I know some babies just take longer but it makes me sad :nope:

:hugs: you said ivy was petite so it must just be your girls build. :hugs:

She will get there, AP. It took Harry over 2 weeks to get back to birth weight. :)

She is well up from her lowest weight now, just not quite back to her birth weight.

Yes Ivy is and always has been petite so there is that too.

You would think after bfing a child for 16.5 months I would actually have some self belief this time. I can't stop crying though, despite Elodie having just had a big feed and being completely conked out on me. She is so content I can't believe she is unhappy with the amount of milk.

Gf sometimes its easier with subsequent children as we already have established routine that jade has to fit into. I think the jump from 0kids to 1+ is always the hardest so things will get better. It does present its own difficulties but in general the established routine makes lifr a tad easier. X

Thanks MF, that's good to know as I defo want more children.

Harrison is 7lb 1oz! A whole pound over birth weight, and a massive 12.5ozs since last week. I am one proud mummy!!! :happydance:

Yay, good news! Well done MrsS & Harrison.

I love reading this thread in the middle of the night - it keeps me entertained. I am normally too tired to type on my phone though :haha:

Elodie is getting weighed again today. I hate weigh ins, it brings back too many horrible memories from when Ivy was first born. Elodie doesn't seem massively bigger to me so I hope she is gaining, her cheeks are definitely fatter!

We all have a slight tummy upset in this house, not really major but irritating. Even elodie has slightly snotty nappies with bits of green in them :sick: I seem to remember ivy occasionally getting nappies like that, it is ok as long as it doesn't go on too long isn't it?

She doesn't seem uncomfortable and is feeding normally.

Poor you guys.

Theo has green poo occasionally- apparently it's nothing to worry about and can just mean that they've had more foremilk than hind milk. Xxx

Health visitor just said green pooh can be due to not getting to the hind milk but does happen when on gaviscon as well.

period pain with a newborn is so not fun:nope:

:hugs: you think Mother Nature would be kind to us :hugs:

Gf sometimes its easier with subsequent children as we already have established routine that jade has to fit into. I think the jump from 0kids to 1+ is always the hardest so things will get better. It does present its own difficulties but in general the established routine makes lifr a tad easier. X

That is reassuring! Seriously don't know where you mums get your energy from :thumbup:

Just saw health visitor. Thomas up to 9lb14oz from 8lb4.5oz at birth. As she arrived he threw up on me and as I stripped him off to get weighed he filled his nappy - at least she can see he works :wacko:

Well done Lindy & Thomas!

The HV is being really good about it (I am a bit of an emotional wreck) she is happy with her colour, nappy output etc. She just wants us to come back next week, she didn't suggest topping up or anything.

Elodie is just so content she isn't doing the insane cluster feeding Ivy did (she was just on me allllllllll the time as a newborn) Elodie did cluster feed last night though - which the hv said is the likely cause of the green nappies.

:hugs: AP. Sounds like you're doing a great job to me xxx

xxx

The only thing the HV could suggest was relaxing and taking time over the feeds and trying not to be distracted by Ivy and just focus on Elodie.

I am cuddling her now she is asleep rather than putting her in her moses basket.

I have today and then 2 more days til dh is back at work, once he is back it'll be hard to do much skin to skin and cuddling because Ivy doesn't nap and will go crazy if we don't leave the house!

AP- you are doing your best and like you said, she seems a content little baby. You know your baby better than a HV so trust your instincts. Xx

AP don't worry, you are doing great! My first was a very slow gainer (still is she's 2 at 21.6lbs). It's just who they are. They are healthy and happy that's all that matters.

Good job Harry and mommy!

Thanks for the reassurance girls, I guess with Elodie being born bigger I thought she might be a faster gainer than Ivy. Elodie was born at 39+5 though whereas Ivy was born at 38+2.

Feeding seems to be going fine, I don't really know what to change to be honest!

I have read loads online today about lots of babies taking 3+ weeks to regain birthweight so I feel a bit better.

Hugs AP, your doing a fab job, keep positive xxx

I second the jump from 0 children to 1 child is the worst, pure shock to the system!!
Catch up later xx

I think the change from 1 child to 2 is worse than 0 to 1! Oscar is just so so so demanding since Jack has been here so its hard to keep him happy and look after Jack too!

I did find the small age gap hard but it pays off eventuality (mine keep other occupied but they do bicker) x

I'm finding the one to two jump difficult too. Luckily one is off at day care.

Hugs :) Sounds like you are doing a great job

Well done on weight Harry and Mrs!

Glad you are getting sleep Lindy!

Jem WOW I can't believe she's eating that much LOL!

We went to our 1mo check up today and it went well - he got a hep B shot (poor guy!!:cry:) and weighs 10.6lbs! We got baby Zantac for the reflux so I am excited to try and help him out with that tonight - hopefully he will do better.

Last night was a mixed bag. He slept for 5hrs last night from 12-5 after being so upset and screaming over wanting to eat but in pain. We had gone to a friend's to watch the bachelor finale and I didn't even get to talk to her as he screamed so badly for over an hr we finally left so she could get her baby down. I came home and found DH had deleted my version of the finale and I was just so stressed I cried!:cry:

Did get his newborn pics though and that cheered me up. They turned out fantastic! See if you guys can see them here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151352306408441.1073741825.699553440&type=1&l=0ab5e78a49

We have had SUCCESS in putting Daniel in his cot! He sleeps from 11 until 5.30 and then feeds and gets cuddles with his daddy until about 7.30!

On the downside I think that he has reflux, we have a doctors appointment on Thursday but he is starting to bring up a lot of milk and he is crying loads! He also has hiccups about 4-5 times a day, I don't know if that is related though!

I'm trying to get Daniel used to only wearing his gro bag at night so that he associates being put in it as time to sleep, I know that he seems young but I'm trying to get his routine sorted early!

I am definitely getting the copper coil in, you can't get it until AF returns but I have hot the prescription for it already so I just need to make an appointment when AF arrives.

Oh almost forgot to say, he is teething already too! He has white lumps in both his top and bottom gums, although my SIL and my husband had 2 teeth by the time that they were 3 months. All in all we are having a pretty tough week :-(

We have had SUCCESS in putting Daniel in his cot! He sleeps from 11 until 5.30 and then feeds and gets cuddles with his daddy until about 7.30!

On the downside I think that he has reflux, we have a doctors appointment on Thursday but he is starting to bring up a lot of milk and he is crying loads! He also has hiccups about 4-5 times a day, I don't know if that is related though!

I'm trying to get Daniel used to only wearing his gro bag at night so that he associates being put in it as time to sleep, I know that he seems young but I'm trying to get his routine sorted early!

I am definitely getting the copper coil in, you can't get it until AF returns but I have hot the prescription for it already so I just need to make an appointment when AF arrives.

Oh almost forgot to say, he is teething already too! He has white lumps in both his top and bottom gums, although my SIL and my husband had 2 teeth by the time that they were 3 months. All in all we are having a pretty tough week :-(

Great progress in the cot! Have you thought about a amber anklet for his teething? They are wonderful!

Ladies, Lily is clingy as today, she won't go down :(, will she be ok?
xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->