Baby Bugs Due February 2013

Becca I formula feed and have used aptamil on my 2, my midwifes always told me it was the closest to breastmilk- not sure how true that is though :lol: My boys have always been very happy on it, no constipation and not many windy problems x

Hope you're okay ladies!

I've come to the really hard decision to put Lily on formula. I've pretty much cried to my OH for the last hour about my breastmilk and I'm making myself really sad with stressing about it. Someone please tell me I'm not a bad mum :cry:.
xoxox

Becca I formula feed and have used aptamil on my 2, my midwifes always told me it was the closest to breastmilk- not sure how true that is though :lol: My boys have always been very happy on it, no constipation and not many windy problems x

Is Connor on Aptamil?
xoxox

There is nothing wrong with formula feeding, a lot of us on here use formula so no, you are not a bad mum.

I use cow and gate but used aptamil with Oscar, it seemed to settle him better. May make the switch with Jack soon too.

I'll try Aptamil. Seems nice that it's closest to Breastmilk. I just feel bad is all. I'm being silly.
xoxox

Becca you are a fab mummy!! As long as she is fed, that's what matters, not how she was fed.

I used Hipp Organic with my older 2 when I switched to formula, Dylan got constipated on the other brands and with Bethany we just went with what we knew.

OH just got back with the swing and we tried it out. It has actual magical powers!! Miss fussy pants fell straight to sleep in it!!!

Hope you're okay ladies!

I've come to the really hard decision to put Lily on formula. I've pretty much cried to my OH for the last hour about my breastmilk and I'm making myself really sad with stressing about it. Someone please tell me I'm not a bad mum :cry:.
xoxox

I did the same with phoebe, at 2weeks old i made the decision to stop breast feeding. I was miserable whilst feeding what with the pain and the constant stress of was I giving her enough in the end I was dreading her feeding. I wanted to enjoy her as my last and now I feel so much better I no how much she is getting and the stress of feeding gone as well as pain. It doesn't make you a bad mum you have made the decision that will benefit her as she will have a happy mummy which in turn means happy baby:happydance:

Aww hun your not a bad mum at all. How you feed baby is like 1% of being a mum. Its not worth stressing over babe as happy mum = happy baby!

Mine all had cow and gate and because they were both content and good sleepers I used it again with jade lol and she is very content. X

lena is on aptamil too the onlyonethatdoesnt give her a bad tummy shes on aptamil pre

Is Connor on Aptamil?
xoxox

Yep Connor and Jack were on Aptamil, I had Lily on a special formula for her colic. I love aptamil. With Lily my 1st I was SO devastated when I finally put her on formula as I had all these visions of breastfeeding joy but it was affecting me so much I was pretty much ready to walk out the door and not come back :nope:

Hi ladies.

Welcome lucky 3, I have 3 girls under 4 years so I sympathise with the hard work!
Becca, your not bad at all!! I didn't even try with any of my babies! You have done very well!! :) I use sma and it's been fine for us.

I've read but lots to quote... Well done for the long sleeps xx

Do you know what I think gets me, midwives really dig breastmilk and they say breastmilk is best for everything, so I felt as her mother she should have the best, but surely the best isn't me being a miserable mum? And Lily being super hungry.
xoxox

Becca- all you can do is your best. If you are struggling get on the formula and don't feel bad. I have bottles and aptamil ready for when bf gets too much for me. Plenty of babies are on formula. It doesn't make you a bad mum at all. Xx

There was something else I was going to quote on but baby brain has struck!

Aptamil and c&g have the exact same ingredients and are even made in the same factory. Just a marketing ploy to make more money, shouldn't be allowed!

That's awful!

Just booked in to get casts done of Thomas's feet. He has big feet and hands from day 1! Xxx

Hope you are all ok. Xxxx

I think all formula is the same same tbh? Dont feel bad becca you are doing what's best by doiNg what you need to do x

Just back from Weston's appointment. He has been switched to a stronger reflux medication (Prilosec--omeprazole). He is 10 lbs, 2 oz now and in the 53% so just average in weight but only in the 23% for height. He is going to be a shorty like his mom lol. He also has something called penile torsion. She said we can do corrective surgery if we want, but I think he would have to be referred to a urologist and would have to go under general anesthesia. I don't know what to think about it. Guess I will have to talk to DH when he gets home but probably leaning towards having the surgery. I hate to put him under but I guess it's better to do it now than when he is older and understands what's going on. The doctor thinks he has colic that is probably being caused by the reflux. He did have a 5.5 hour stretch last night (FINALLY I got some sleep yay!) but that hasn't been typical for him this week.

He just woke himself up from a nap a few minutes ago by gagging and retching and I had to pick him up and turn him on his side until he stopped. :( SO hoping that the new medicine works for his reflux and all this stops. I hate seeing him so uncomfortable!

On the bright side he has started smiling!!!! Love seeing his little face light up!!! :)

Good morning everyone :) Connor did a 6 hour stretch last night from 8am till 2am, was lovely! It was OH's night off though so we was up watching a movie and having a curry :lol:

Woke up this morning to another big coldsore brewing :(

Yay, good job Connor!! Sorry about your coldsore...:(

Hi all, been stalking this thread for few months now finally thought I should join in! Hope thats ok! On 18th feb had phoebe weighing 7lb12oz by elective c section due to oblique lie and 2 previous large baby's (phoebe ended up tiny for me ) I have a 9 year old and a nearly 3year old and my god life got hard with three. Hope I can tag along and chirp in on the night feeds lol!

Welcome! Congrats on Phoebe!! :hugs:

Morning everyone, sorry I am so rubbish at keeping up with this thread, you ladies sure can talk :haha:

Little lady is going through a growth spurt, she was glued to me most of yesterday and last night, poor OH was awake ALL night rocking her between feeds so I could grab a few minutes sleep before she screamed for the boob again, bless him. I hope this passes quickly, OH is back to work tomorrow and I need to be rested so I can keep the kids entertained.

Hope her spurt goes by fast and she calms down a bit!

Em my cold sore really hurts :(

:hugs:

we got one 5 n half hour stretch minus 2 hours screaming and being unsettled then another 5 hours till 8 this morn now waiting for the midwife

Good job Lena!!! :happydance:

My first day at home with both girlies with DH back at work. So far I am impressed we are all dressed and have actually eaten breakfast :rofl:

Elodie is still getting green poos but she isn't windy or uncomfortable. I know it is normally a hind milk/fore milk inbalance but she is feeding for a normal amount of time on both sides and (sorry if tmi) the poo is full of white seedy bits which I know if undigested fat...

I am being really strict with offering her the same side until it is definitely drained and putting her back on the same side for the next feed until she gets frustrated. Green poos still on and off though :shrug:

I need to see how her next weigh in goes to see if it is causing an issue, I am a bit confused by it though.

I think I read somewhere that green poo in a breastfed baby means diarrhea/stomach upset. As Smiley mentioned it could be something in your diet (dairy, spicy food?). When I have dairy Weston's tummy does not do well. Hopefully she has gained some weight!

Harry started crying in his sleep yesterday, during naps. Like, really screaming. The he'll just settle as if nothing happened. :shrug: He doesn't do it at night though. I'm not sure what's up!

Weston does this too. I thought either his reflux or he's just having a bad dream. He will make a terrible face and scream/cry and then as soon as I go to settle him he's back asleep.

Hope you're okay ladies!

xoxox

You are NOT a bad mom!!! There is nothing wrong with formula feeding if that's what is best for you and Lily! Plenty of babies are formula fed and they do just fine. :hugs: If breastfeeding is stressing you out that much then it's definitely not worth it. Happier mommy=happier baby. :)

Yay, good job Connor!! Sorry about your coldsore...:(

Welcome! Congrats on Phoebe!! :hugs:

Hope her spurt goes by fast and she calms down a bit!

:hugs:

Good job Lena!!! :happydance:

I think I read somewhere that green poo in a breastfed baby means diarrhea/stomach upset. As Smiley mentioned it could be something in your diet (dairy, spicy food?). When I have dairy Weston's tummy does not do well. Hopefully she has gained some weight!

Weston does this too. I thought either his reflux or he's just having a bad dream. He will make a terrible face and scream/cry and then as soon as I go to settle him he's back asleep.

You are NOT a bad mom!!! There is nothing wrong with formula feeding if that's what is best for you and Lily! Plenty of babies are formula fed and they do just fine. :hugs: If breastfeeding is stressing you out that much then it's definitely not worth it. Happier mommy=happier baby. :)
Jem Didn't think two to three would be so hard trying to get a routine is my main challenge at moment, how are you managing it? It feels every time my three year old needs something phoebe starts crying don't have enough hands :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->