Baby Bugs Due February 2013

<3 <3 Bec, don't feel bad! At least she got the colostrum - that's the most important part of breast milk anyway. Luckily, my midwives weren't fussed either way whether I breast fed or not, so when I told them Harry had had the one bottle of Aptimil at day 3 or 4, they weren't bothered. In a way, I think that laid back attitude spurred me on with BFing.

Sitting here with Harry in my arms asleep, and he proper just chuckled in his sleep!! It was so funny! :p

Anyway, I'm thinking of starting expressing for one feed a day, so DH can help out. Has anyone done this? How do I start? :wacko:

Mrs I tried to express one feed a day but I have trouble with let down when pumping. The only way I can do it is RIGHT after he feeds on one side I pump the other side. Then I can get a couple oz.

I have a few questions if you don't mind ladies, I'm crying as I write this, it's bad!

- When I stop breastfeeding, my boobs will become engorged (which isn't pleasent), how long will that take to go down?

- How long will it be before I stop making milk all together? As this will depress me badly! It'll be like my body is telling me to still feed her.

- Formula bottles, do you make them up before you go to bed? Or when and as baby needs them?

Thanks.
xoxox

I have a few questions if you don't mind ladies, I'm crying as I write this, it's bad!

- When I stop breastfeeding, my boobs will become engorged (which isn't pleasent), how long will that take to go down?

- How long will it be before I stop making milk all together? As this will depress me badly! It'll be like my body is telling me to still feed her.

- Formula bottles, do you make them up before you go to bed? Or when and as baby needs them?

Thanks.
xoxox
we make the water up before bed so the right amount in bottles and put them in the fridgethen have little pots for the formula so again the correct amount of scoops and just heat the bottkes in microwve for 45 secs then add the formula

lena is asleep on my shoulder she just turned her head into my face and did the biggest burp ever really stank lol

I make bottles for night in advance and put them in fridge. I make daytime ones with cooled water x

Your boobs will become hard and may hurt but it shouldn't last too long hun x

im so tired thisevening but think it maybe a long night for me lenas been asleep the majority of the day and only had 2 feeds since 8 am its now almost half 7!

Oh Bec, please don't beat yourself up.
I make my bottles up with water and add the powder as I go. I warm my bottles up using the kettle for a couple of mins xx

Lucky- I've no answers. I just try to be as organised as I can. There are times when I have to put the tv on while I feed Ruby. My nearly four year old is fine actually.
It's my two year old I struggle with. Quite often I'm sitting on the floor giving Ruby her milk whilst she is sprawled across my lap and I'm doing a puzzle with my two year old.
When Demi had her accident the other day, ruby was screaming for milk but she just had to wait.
This is defo the hardest job in the whole world and my hat goes off to single mums!

The downside here is my eldest has the sickness bug :(

Embo, your girlie had it last week, did it spread round the house?

Baby, yay for smiles.

Mrs, how sweet for the chuckle.

Midnight, lovely avatar
Xx

Thanks for being so supportive. I'm hoping this guilt goes soon, I'm really not coping with it.
xoxox

Sounds like a growth spurt, totally normal :)

Sophie loves her new swing :happydance: She is a hungry little monster tonight, won't let me put her down, hopefully this means she will have a good stretch of sleep tonight.

Sounds like a growth spurt, totally normal :)

Sophie loves her new swing :happydance: She is a hungry little monster tonight, won't let me put her down, hopefully this means she will have a good stretch of sleep tonight.

ordering lenas swing tomorrow, tried to get one today but babies r us are crap and only had the seriously expensive ones

Gosh, Lily is so hungry, is this normal?
xoxox

How I always feel! Is she growing super quickly? I mean, apparently it's super normal. it just seems like they shouldn't be able to eat this much! Lol.

Does anybody else feel like their baby is SO heavy now? It's only been 3 weeks!

Oh, and which swings did you ladies go with? Bennie won't sit in her swing for more than 5 minutes at a time without fussing... it was a hand-me-down from a relative and swings side to side, not front to back. I feel like if I were in that swing I'd be made nauseous. Anybody have any experience with swings like these?

This is the swing Weston has: https://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-my-little-snugamonkey-cradle-n-swing/-/A-14069815

He loves it! It does swing side to side but you can also change it so that it swings back and forth. He actually likes the side to side motion though and it doesn't seem to make him sick at all. He has reflux and spits up often, but he has actually never spit up while swinging.

Just back from Weston's appointment. He has been switched to a stronger reflux medication (Prilosec--omeprazole). He is 10 lbs, 2 oz now and in the 53% so just average in weight but only in the 23% for height. He is going to be a shorty like his mom lol. He also has something called penile torsion. She said we can do corrective surgery if we want, but I think he would have to be referred to a urologist and would have to go under general anesthesia. I don't know what to think about it. Guess I will have to talk to DH when he gets home but probably leaning towards having the surgery. I hate to put him under but I guess it's better to do it now than when he is older and understands what's going on. The doctor thinks he has colic that is probably being caused by the reflux. He did have a 5.5 hour stretch last night (FINALLY I got some sleep yay!) but that hasn't been typical for him this week.

He just woke himself up from a nap a few minutes ago by gagging and retching and I had to pick him up and turn him on his side until he stopped. :( SO hoping that the new medicine works for his reflux and all this stops. I hate seeing him so uncomfortable!

On the bright side he has started smiling!!!! Love seeing his little face light up!!! :)

We're on Zantac too - seems to be helping a bit but he did throw up badly this morning :( felt like a step backward, but my ped did say it wouldn't control the spitting up so much as help with the discomfort and would take probably a week to work so that's next Tuesday - what was happening that you all decided to go with the other med? He said we could move the that one next if we didn't see improvement - right now I feel like it's working so so but we do need another few days to make a week...Hope his little surgery goes well! I know you must be fretting about it.:hugs:

Aww I can't wait for real smiles!

<3 <3 Bec, don't feel bad! At least she got the colostrum - that's the most important part of breast milk anyway. Luckily, my midwives weren't fussed either way whether I breast fed or not, so when I told them Harry had had the one bottle of Aptimil at day 3 or 4, they weren't bothered. In a way, I think that laid back attitude spurred me on with BFing.

Sitting here with Harry in my arms asleep, and he proper just chuckled in his sleep!! It was so funny! :p

Anyway, I'm thinking of starting expressing for one feed a day, so DH can help out. Has anyone done this? How do I start? :wacko:

I love when Whitt does that too:cloud9:

Feed on one side only and pump the other. That's what I've been doing. I then put it in breast milk freezer storage bags - I've got about 50 bags (200oz or so) in the freezer right now. I am using the honeysuckle brand bags from Amazon - they are biodegradable :)

This is the swing Weston has: https://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-my-little-snugamonkey-cradle-n-swing/-/A-14069815

He loves it! It does swing side to side but you can also change it so that it swings back and forth. He actually likes the side to side motion though and it doesn't seem to make him sick at all. He has reflux and spits up often, but he has actually never spit up while swinging.

We have this one too and we like it - Whitt has spit up and thrown up in it though :(

We've had a rough day - Whitt woke and fed at 7 and was awake until 930, threw up everything he had in his poor tummy, fussed and ate again. By 11am I hadn't eaten breakfast, had changed him 3x, had changed his outfit 3x, fed him 3x and he didn't want to be held, rocked, or laid down :( I finally put him in his napper and just had to walk a way to keep my sanity! He's been unusually awake today - him throwing up gets us all off schedule with feeds and sleeping:growlmad:. He did eat 4oz of expressed milk with DH while I was at the vet with the dog. That also went badly - poor dog has had an ulcer on her eye we've been treating for a month and it's not getting better so now we've been referred to a dog opthamologist for surgery - :cry::cry::cry: God only knows how much that will cost.

DH is wanting to leave for a little while to hang out with friends and I feel like a butthead, but I told him I didn't want him to go. He's worked every night this week and that's usually when Whitt's his fussiest so I am just ready to have him help for a whole day for once...:wacko:

Becca I fill the bottles with the right amount of water from the kettle and take them up when I go to bed, and I have a tub of formula at the side of the bed so I can just add scoops when Jack wakes up. I also have a bottle warmer in my bedroom so I dont have to go downstairs for the kettle! Dont feel bad about the formula, I gave up BFing on day 5 because Jack was latching allllllll the time and I physically could not manage it with a toddler to run around after as well! Formula has everything Lily needs to keep her fit and healthy :)

I'm feeling a little more positive, Smiley. I don't want her going hungry, y'know? She seems constantly hungry on my BM. How many oz do you give Jack each time?
xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->